Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Weren't both of them specifically named as people who effectively told Harvey Weinstein to suck a railroad spike

That's the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I've heard Julia Roberts was a holy terror on the set of Hook.

No idea if that counts of if she was a victim of at least one creepy exec at any point. I'd imagine it would have been big news if she came out and said "such-and-such bloke did stuff at me," but I don't recall that happening at any point - not that I'm dismissing it either.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Metis of the Hallways posted:

Who is Hassan?

edit: Oh, a twitch streamer? I don't really get why you're putting so much stock in his opinions in particular? You say the 12 incidents of Depp's abuse against Heard are not legit because Hassan said so, and that's it?

And this should be reiterated, the 12 incidents of abuse which caused Depp to sue to Sun over - a newspaper with a reputation in the mud, in the British courts where the person doing the suing, i.e., Depp in this case, in a defamation trial has the inside track the entire time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It reads as someone who hasn’t adjusted to “how things are” and is struggling to cope.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Demanding a one-on-one meeting with the actress seems a bit of a red flag.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What a hill to die on.

I was wondering about the change in tone between the two films.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Bugblatter posted:

Imagine being so flippant about such a serious accusation.

Well, he’s rich and white.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Because of course they are. gently caress that little hobgoglin.

Aces High posted:

They both don't seem like pleasant people to be around but the rhetoric "he's worse. No SHE'S worse. NO HIM!!!" is just tiring and exhausting

See, even this feels like the result of Depp's team leaking snippets of audio out of context to make Heard look bad, or even providing photos taken literally a year prior to the alleged incident as evidence of Amber Heard's "abuse."

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1523767884488462336.html

There's a lot of damning poo poo here, to put it mildly.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 20, 2022

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

"it wasn't 'rape' rape"
-Whoopi Goldberg

People should shout that at her in public for the rest of her life. gently caress, have it carved onto her grave stone too. What the gently caress other kind of rape is there, you loving turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

pentyne posted:

Wow, someone actually using the trans subject to create comedy and succeed at it, how incredible that this one single person seems to be the only human on the planet capable of going "huh, trans people, well there's definitely some humor to be mined here" and not just yelling slurs for 10 minutes.

So, Ricky Gervais has been doing this for years? Netflix really is catering to the 'anti-woke' comedians all in the sake of making it their brand.

Ricky Gervais has absolutely has prior form on this kind of poo poo. When Thomas Beattie was in the news for being "the pregnant man," like, 10 years ago Gervais was on that radio show he did with Stephen Merchant, having a big rant about how Beattie isn't a "man," and how that news was bullshit. As if it's your loving decision to make, you loving hack.