Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm curious as to the thought process behind sexually assaulting a man who could tear your arms off with minimal effort.

One thing that stopped Crews from punching him was how it would have been reported in the media.

I think one of his tweets said something close to "240 pound black man beats down Hollywood honcho."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Dunham is the living incarnation of White Lady Feminism, so this isn’t a surprise.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Well, now Garrison Keillor just got fired by Minnesota Public Radio. I know nothing about him beyond general cultural osmosis about Lake Wobegon, so I can't really say if this was expected.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Roy Moore will win, but it won't be the crushing landslide it would have been before this. And then the GOP gets to hear for a year about how they seated a child rapist in the Senate.

And seeing some people dismiss what happened with Oliver and Hoffman because of their dislike of Oliver just amazes me.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Le Monde put up that statement signed by 100 women from across entertainment, legal, and academic circles in France, and the translated portions read like flat out misrepresentations of #MeToo (and it's corresponding French equivalent) and what's grown out of the Weinstein scandal.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Speaking of Roman Polanski:

quote:

Roman Polanski Won’t Be Charged In 1975 L.A. Case Involving 10-Year-Old Girl – Update

Roman Polanski will not be hauled back into U.S. court over a 1975 case in which a then-10-year-old accused him of sexual assault, a law enforcement source tells Deadline. The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office opted not to bring charges because the statute of limitations has expired.

“Offense date is outside applicable statute of limitations,” said charge evaluation paperwork signed by Deputy D.A. Michele Hanisee last month.

The accuser had claimed that much accused Polanski sexually assaulted her during a photo shoot on an L.A. beach. Already dealing with more recent complaints of sexual assault against Harvey Weinstein and others, the LAPD opened an investigation into the matter in mid-December and soon afterwards passed its findings over to Jackie Lacey’s office.

The director behind such films as Chinatown, Rosemary’s Baby and last year’s Based on a True Story has been in exile in Europe since he fled the U.S. 40 years ago after being convicted of raping a 13-year-old girl. Polanski has wiggled through various disjointed attempts in recent years by the U.S. to bring him back to face America justice.

In the last year, the Oscar winner’s lawyers have been arguing rather unsuccessfully that Polanski himself was victimized by court misconduct and should be free to return to this country. Another accuser, known as “Robin M,” said in August that Polanski “sexually victimized” her in 1973 when she was 16. She said she would testify as to her own victimization if the original case ever was retried – which looks increasingly unlikely.

In October, about 40 women protested the opening of a Polanski retrospective in front of the Cinémathèque Française in Paris.

There's nothing they can really do if the SOL ran on the case, but I'm wondering if anything else is going to come up as this goes on.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

And as far as I understand it, he admits he did it but doesn’t actually think what he did was wrong. Yeah I know there was that thing where he thought he was going to get 50 years or something and that’s why he ran away, but the chances of something like that actually holding up are pretty drat low. Polanski’s a pretty despicable guy.

He was going to get a much larger sentence, because the original was a sweetheart deal that would have had him out in 40 days or something atrocious. Some people seem to see it as a miscarriage of justice that the plea agreement wasn't held to, even though judges are perfectly free to set those aside (such as in cases like Polanski's).

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

I know that for some reason there are Woody Allen defenders here (PS: gently caress you), but have an interview with Dylan Farrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic1kMoM_kPw

Maybe I'm just too cynical, but it's depressing to imagine that this could get drowned out by Babe loving up their reporting of the Ansari story in terms of #MeToo.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

esperterra posted:

One goon threw shade at another goon who worked for The Graham Norton Show by snidely remarking that, surely, Graham Norton would have broke this story in a much more professional way than babe.com.

Or something.

Well, he probably would have.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/catherine-breillat-asia-argento-harvey-weinstein-jessica-chastain-me-too-1201945040/

Breillat has always been a favorite of mine, but there's a reason that chauvinist is a French loanword:

Asia Argento, of course, is similarly not couth:

https://twitter.com/AsiaArgento/status/979763980246900737
https://twitter.com/AsiaArgento/status/979735657244393472

And has a pretty detailed thread on what a sadistic lunatic Breillat was on set.

Was Breillat one of the ones who signed that anti-MeToo manifesto a couple of months back?

I mean, Jesus loving Christ this woman is a horrible rear end in a top hat.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

And he reported a bomb on a different train.

I want to imagine (sorry starkebn if this offends you) that he was trying to report the woman he was arguing with as having a bomb to gently caress up her day, but was so drunk that he forgot which train he was on.

That honestly sounds like the most plausible motivation, but what exactly was going through his booze-addled and missing a chunk brain I have no clue.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Just copy what the xXx people wanted to do to Vin Diesel’s character in the sequel. Shot by shot.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

No but you see she tried to get back with him and *drowns in a pool of own diarrhea*.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

How many other cases are there against him right now?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

inferis posted:

wait isn’t this the same defense of joe biden

Basically it is.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

I’m kind of surprised there aren’t more people in the comments screaming about INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, but pieces of poo poo are still crawling out of the woodwork - that Jerry Sandusky further John Zeigler’s glommed on to this.

Even if he doesn’t have a piece on Biden, these attacks seem like clear signaling that MeToo is dead and things are going to get dragged back even further than before. But that first NYT piece does lead me to think he has something on Biden in the works.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Timby posted:

Legally, no, he's still the Duke of Sussex and he didn't abdicate his title. He and Markle just wanted nothing to do with monarchy bullshit anymore (because of the aforementioned racism).

Didn’t even William basically use her as cover for him cheating on Kate?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Didn't she get assaulted by the stunt coordinator in True Lies too?

Yes, and if I remember correctly, from what she said he staged the fall that broke her ribs deliberately as a message he could kill her if he wanted to and make it look like an accident.

For Charisma Carpenter, it's generally been known for years how much Whedon treated her like poo poo, but I don't think she's ever gone into this kind of detail before. And with what Michelle Trachtenberg said...

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

imagine libs defending Cuomo except him actually being a "cOnTrIbUtOr tO tHe aRtS"

I mean, Cuomo won an Emmy.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

PeterCat posted:

How are those allegations against Cuomo going?

He’s getting away with it because BlueMAGA decided he’s innocent.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
When the Democrats put a rapist up as their candidate despite everything that happened under MeToo it’s pretty clear they only ever considered it to be a weapon to use against Republicans.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Oh, the sheer, inhuman irony.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

She's a terf who tried to gatekeep MeToo from the beginning. If anything it was the good points she was making diluting who she really was.

Yeah it’s totally this and not every single person who has abused and hurt her being a Democrat.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

Not quite the purvue of this thread but we did discuss it before so it counts: the trial of Jussie Smollett has started. Still a truly bizarre story in which someone decides to gently caress their career and themselves for some vague gain. Was he doing it to raise his profile (which doesn't make much sense) or was he trying to whip people into a frenzy?

Looking at every documented thing the CPD has done during the investigation and various trials, I don’t see how you can’t come to the conclusion that he was attacked by some cops.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Since he did win an Emmy,

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/1475945165726654470

I guess he just didn’t make her skin crawl.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I don’t personally think the article made a meal of it, but I always wonder what’s the point of bringing up someone’s legal name.

Can’t speak for anyone else but as an Asian person I’ve more than once been asked what’s my real name. For trans people the deadnaming is more often associated with hateful intentions, I’m sure.

Let’s just call people what they wanna be called and move on from it.

It’s funny that he didn’t care enough to properly update all of his legal documentation and massively hosed up his own life because of it.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

deoju posted:

The dude who played Harry Potter in that play in London got fired for unspecified allegations from the woman who played Ginny. There was an internal investigation and they decided to can him.

https://www.vulture.com/2022/01/jam...1&utm_source=tw

How long till Rowling sends him a bouquet of roses?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Seems about as credible as everything Zack S. has ever said.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Finding out Amber Heard is apparently besties with Eve Fartlow was a real lol moment.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Just the laziest poo poo imaginable.