Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's looking like the alt-right thinks it can turn this into its own #metoo to inconvenience anyone critical of Trump, but I think they already overshot their hand. If Disney hadn't responded so bizarrely quick to Gunn's thing, there would've been time for the notion to spread that this started as a disingenuous rapist's initative, and it might've just blown over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Looks like Michael Rooker has angrily quit Twitter over this.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ferrous posted:

I've heard people say "Ssssjeews!"

No that's just David Icke's lizard people.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Oh boy, I do not want to read the comments underneath that article.

It's especially hosed up to do this to a kid you've known and worked with since he was like 6. :gonk:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

There's like a vaguely fair point about it being hosed up that you don't get to have a private life if you're a succesful actor, but her overall message seems to be "couldn't people have just kept quiet :( "

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Guy's undeniably a creep, Shane Black's defense of him is gross and problematic, and to put him in any kind of sexually charged scene with a woman who has come out with her own story of sexual assault is incredibly lovely.

But: guy did time for his crime, it wasn't buried and it wasn't directly related to his acting work. Should he not get to work again because he's a sex offender?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Basebf555 posted:

So if you're so interested in finding out whether a sex offender will get to work again, why don't you answer the question for yourself. Would you want to hire him?

Probably not. But if you ask my opinion on whether it's okay for someone to employ a person who tried to have sex with a kid 11 years ago, depending on what industry it is, I guess yes?

I get that Munn or anyone else doesn't want him near her, and that it's a big problem if Black downplays his crime.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

NotJustANumber99 posted:

But now it's been cut. The creep won't be freaked out. I hope it will be still possible to work out that Olivia Munn is a scientist. White coat?

Tara Reid may have a pair of glasses to lend her.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

AlternateAccount posted:

Yes, Roseanne the racist who had Wanda Sykes as the head writer on her reboot. Truly some masterful subterfuge to hide her true nature.

Roseanne is a longtime idiot in decline into ever deeper levels, but...

Pfft, get outta here with that "some of her best friends are black" poo poo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I will now never forget the name Dexter Fletcher, because his name is Dexter Fletcher.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That really makes Louis's exhibition issue look ingrained if he's been doing it since a young age. Also tf is wrong with Silverman, "gently caress yeah I wanna see that," "amazing?"

The Kellyanne Conway confession makes me sad as hell. Here's a woman who faced sexual assault of herself and others, and whose takeaway was "it's just guys, they rule the world, nothing you can do against it so everyone just sit down and shut up."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Bryan Singer has dirt on everybody.

He has dirt on me.

He has dirt on you.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

LividLiquid posted:

Look, that's great for you, but robbed of the historical context where a lot of the things she says were, at the time, excuses women made for staying with a man and being DTF without being considered a harlot, the way it reads today is super gross.

So you, knowing the context, go ahead and enjoy the song. Just don't inflict it on other people or expect everybody to understand that context and leave it off your rotation when other people are over. You get to enjoy it. But you have to enjoy it alone.

Merry Christmas everyone!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Surely someone can come up with two, two-syllable, rhyming vulgarities to put into the song instead. rear end in a top hat? Dickhead? Fuckbag? Shitboy? Cuntnerd?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

A guy on someone else's Facebook was trying to argue that we shouldn't criticize Louis CK's current jokes because they're just early drafts of his set taken out of context. When I asked him why the hell he thinks even incorporating jokes like that is okay, he called me a triggered snowflake and asked if I would judge a movie before it had any editing.

Yes, I remember all of those movies I made where I had to edit out the part of the plot where the protagonist was a KKK member who raped black women because it just wasn't working for the test audiences.

I was going to make a joke about Louis CK crossing out "belittle Parkland survivors" in his notebook, but I keep getting distracted by the idea that there's people who apparently believe it's fine for a person to not draw that conclusion by themselves.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, if he did go to Australia there's a non-zero chance that one of the dozens of animals that regularly poison and murder people there would get him. Maybe a funnel web spider would bite him on the dick in his hotel bathroom.

He shouldn't have masturbated at it, even if he asked it permission first.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

DrVenkman posted:

he has the support of his producer who has his own issues (its the same guy who groped Terry Crews)

I'm not blaming you for confusing a few of these sleazebags, but said producer (slash sex pest) pressured Terry to stop making noise about his groping by a different producer.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Basebf555 posted:

Out of necessity though. You don't just sit by allow Nazis to take over, you punch them and keep punching them until they get tired of it and go back into their holes.

And then you punch them in their holes

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
R Kelly's publicist mentally saying the longest fuuuuuuck in history.

People have pointed out the similarity with Brett Kavanaugh, gettin' real mad to convince people you're innocent.

When he starts ranting about 'real women being kidnapped, raped, on chains' I imagine he simply thinks what he does isn't that bad.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Every man in that story sounds like a buffoon, so at least it's kind of empowering to Kirk.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, but the best she can get out of it is a bunch of obscure movies that don't even register at any level when released, or minor, blind-and-you'll-miss-it roles in major films like an uncredited role in a Liam Neeson action vehicle. Oh, and that OJ movie that will, in all likelihood, make just about every distributor go "That's a no from us, thanks. Fuckin' yikes," assuming it even gets finished.

Fair enough that she'd be a bit grumpy, I suppose.

Oh yeah, I can also imagine her further career is over because no one wants to cast her now.

But god drat, does it ever make all these powerful and/or influential men look like slobbering dimwits. Not that that changes anything. It's just a depressing observation.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Coffee And Pie posted:

I don’t think her mall has employees but I would honestly love that job. One customer a day? Air conditioning? Sign me up.

Only downside is you could never leave. Barb's basement.

(It's actually more like she had a series of rooms built to look like a mall and she's filled it with, I think, her own memorabilia?)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

I don't like Dunham but I don't think that's a case of sexual abuse at all. She was a 7-year-old kid confused and curious about the human anatomy. Its not the sort of thing you want your kids doing but it doesn't seem abusive or sexual in nature to me at all. The Right just spun it as "liberal admits to molestation, the left doesn't care" and lied to say she was older to whatabout against the Duggars or Hastert or someone.

I've heard the accusation about Dunham get thrown about a lot but never really looked into it. Going by the article it's some bit of nothing she did when she was 7?

edit: I don't mean to blanket sexually curious behavior in kids as "kid's'll do that" but in this case unless the sister came out and said it hosed her up, I think it's a lot of hysterical noise, much of it in bad faith.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 31, 2019

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
So Chicago is now trying to make Jussie Smollett pay a $100k fine for 'wasting time and resources?' Seems odd, if you can't prove he made a fraudulent claim of assault?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

Heads up, if you see Louis CK's act now, he's added a copyright notice to his material.

https://twitter.com/jamesdshotwell/status/1124766832546787328

His Dick Materials

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And people actually liked him more after he did.

Shia tries super, transparently hard to be taken seriously as an Ac-tor, but you can tell he's genuine about it. I respect the dude.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Not to distract from that he's a predatorial poo poo, but he's got grade-A douchebag hair.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:ughh: I can definitely believe this loving goon thought he was actually dating Natalie Portman.

On a related note, it must, at times, seriously suck to be Natalie Portman.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

thrawn527 posted:

Like, I get that a guy who would DO that would write about it and not see why it's super loving weird, but surely he showed this book to someone? Anyone?

"I asked Squantz Keevler, my editor, if he'd looked over the manuscript for me. He distractedly replied "hm? Yeah." while avoiding eye contact and unpacking a kitkat. I chose to take this as confirmation."

"At lunch my agent, Blargson Fetch, told me "pfft, great book, Moby." I assumed this was a heartfelt compliment."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Tart Kitty posted:

Endgame seems like it was at times like, literally a counter-productive working environment for an actor. Just last week it was revealed that a lot of the crew thought the funeral at the end was a wedding during filming, and I'm almost certain Tom Holland made a comment a couple of months ago about how the Russo's wouldn't even tell him what he was fighting as he bopped around in front of a green screen. Like what are you even supposed to hold onto for a performance in a situation like that?

Wasn't Tom Holland making a joke about how he tends to blab spoilers during interviews? But yeah, that wedding/funeral confusion sounds dumb. I imagine it was an insanely strained production, to the point where the directors don't have time for the actors anymore.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

DeimosRising posted:

Enjoying it too much O_0

Maybe someone needs to check if Landis doesn't have body parts in his basement because Jesus Christ, that's some hateful issues with women.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zogo posted:

Denise Richards Welcomed Charlie Sheen’s Hooker To Thanksgiving Dinner Like a True Queen
https://decider.com/2019/05/22/denise-richards-charlie-sheen-hooker-thanksgiving/

quote:

Denise let out a large sigh and said, “I’ll set a loving plate.”

:lol:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Youtube comments generally contain the worst humanity has to offer. Do not go in there. There's nothing to win and everything to lose.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Krankenstyle posted:

Your parents are twins? :wth:

Ssh, in public they pretend he's Robert Baratheon's son

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/12/nyregion/epstein-barr.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/17/us/prisons-safety-substitute-guards.html?module=inline

The New York Times has been reporting for the past year on federal prisons having the exact kind of staff problems that are being reported in Epstein's death now. It's just nobody cared until a high profile criminal died under them.

When the president visits your bakery you don't ask him to take a number, and when a high profile inmate gets sent to your prison, you don't put him in the cell with the rickety bars and Officer McSleepy on duty. The idea that Epstein's death is the result of lax conditions is laughable.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm gonna guess very poorly controlled fetish

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's worth noting that a number of other women shared similar stories of abuse about Holowka. According to his sister, he struggled with his own mental problems, though she (his sister) did not discredit his victims.

Nothing but losers in this one.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
As a perhaps enlightening follow-up, even though this is games-related and not Hollywood, Alec Holowka's Night In The Woods collaborator Scott Benson wrote up his experiences on working with him:

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1168845730662027264?s=19

Basically, the guy was poison.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
A news blurb I read gave this a wonderfully reductive take, it said Polanski couldn't accept the award himself "due to a #metoo matter."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Louis CK is banning taking notes on paper with a pen, I don't think there's a huge bootleg market for written transcripts of comedy shows.

*opens up raincoat full of post-its* sup dude wanna buy a joke?