Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

This is bullshit actually. It is not just playing video games but being a constantly on source of entertainment. It is actually absurdly stress ful, time consuming and bad for your health. Playing games is a lot less fun when it is an obligation and you can't take a break.

I feel bad whenever I hear kids aspiring to be a Youtube star as a career. I imagine it's super lovely competing in a field where one company determines the rules. And it's not just Youtube that's lovely, Patreon is lovely, maybe Twitch is too? You're at the mercy of the next ToS update.

At least in the old days, your old videos still got watched, nowadays YT seems to want to bury everything that happened last week, putting more strain on creators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
You jack off in one plant...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

doomrider7 posted:

Outside of medical conditions, I don't understand how anyone can get that loving fat. Like, my dad has a big gut, but otherwise is a fairly solid man, but that just looks(to quote Doug Stanhope) "like a garbage bag full of jello".

That courtroom sketch artist put a LOT of detail in the gross body hair, blackheads/liver spots/moles, and making him look like an absolute soapified morlock.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

It's extremely ugly to see how little Milano's principles are worth when it comes to propping up the corpse of Joe Biden.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Doherty always had that 'hard to work with' label stuck to her. I wonder if any of that was true, or if it was just code for 'wouldn't blow the producer.'

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
If Spacey wants to do anything productive, he should expose some of his fellow predators.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, no, that's true. She discussed it on a podcast that happens to have convenient transcripts over here. The only part of that story I hadn't heard was "boyfriend later ODed over it" which I don't think is accurate from any telling I've heard. All she says on the show is "he was dead six months later".

...but she does also confess to using the audio recordings of him on the album post-mortem which is still pretty fuckeddddddd

Thanks for posting this. While the fake suicide thing is immensely hosed up, 17-year olds are also going to do stupid as hell poo poo. But if you don't really seem to realize that by the time you're an adult and even seem weirdly proud of it to the point where you're sharing it with others like this, I think you haven't really learned anything past the smell of your own farts.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

professor metis posted:

Yeah that's the real question. And they chose that man to direct Cats??

Tom Hooper on Cats preproduction meeting day 1: Okay, I'm going to need someone to explain to me what a cat is.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

(Cas Anvar being a predator)

Yeesh

Fuuuuuck. Yet another big disappointment. The Expanse is my favorite show in years. I'm not really surprised cause in interviews and behind the scenes stuff he's always extremely present and in the forefront, and that pushiness seems to extend into his creeping on women.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

somebodyelse posted:

Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested by the FBI.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-02/jeffrey-epstein-girlfriend-ghislaine-maxwell-arrested-by-fbi/12418488
Though now I wonder if I've misposted because she wasn't quite in Hollywood. Regardless, big sexual assault news. Sorry!

I wonder if some deal was already made to bring her in, like she'll throw some lesser characters under the bus and leave the bigger figures out of it. Seems like it would've been easier to have her killed (and possibly make it look like suicide) when she was on the run.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
God, Ted Cruz is just a loving suckerfish for media controversies.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mumford & Sons' publicist sits down to read Twitter while taking a big sip of coffee...

And that lawyer's remarks, Jesus Christ.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Basically, this thread is not the thread to get horney in.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
People openly admitted that they'd rather vote for a pedophile than a democrat. Instead of, ya know, not voting at all.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Did not see this coming, mostly because LaBeouf has been off my radar for so long I kind of just forgot he was a thing.

While "he seems like the guy" is kind of a lovely line, he seems like the guy to have serious anger issues.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Strongly agree with this Twitter user: "I could have gone my entire life without knowing about that"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

They paid 9 million dollars to Eliza Dushku and didn't fire the guy that forced them to pay 9 million dollars, they gave him another 5 seasons.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The real star of NCIS that boomers tuned in for was Pauley Perette as the Gen X goth/alternative hacker. She ended up leaving the show due to multiple physical assaults, on set negligence getting her bitten by a dog, and being terrified (that's an exact quote) of Mark Harmon. The year she left she had the highest Q rating of any television actress and the studio didn't protect her at all.

Somehow it's more depressing to know that even losing money is less important than maintaining the boys club

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"I don't want to forever be associated with Joss Whedon" reads, to me, like "leave me out of this", but I won't judge her for that. For all we know, she has her own horrible story about Whedon that she's not ready to talk about.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I feel like there's something to late night comics making jokes about it daily doing a lot to make it seem embarrassing, but fine otherwise, too.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Verhoeven lying about putting Sharon Stone's genitals on film is something that got treated like a joke for so long, and yet it's a massive, disgusting breach of trust. Basic Instinct should never have been sold with that shot still in it and it's hosed that it still is.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Guards last seen speeding off in what appeared to be a motorized jacuzzi filled entirely with diamonds and cocaine

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm assuming her dad somehow got the judge to agree to something that is meant for mentally handicapped adults who will never have the mental capacity to consent to sex. Obviously it should have never applied to someone like Britney Spears.

The idea that this can be legal seems entirely absurd, and as I understand it, it's extremely rare for someone to succesfully plead for removal of conservatorship.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SimonChris posted:

https://twitter.com/KaraLashbaugh/status/1407149605310042118

https://twitter.com/KaraLashbaugh/status/1407540617849286658

Eddie Deezen is a character actor who played nerdy characters in a bunch of Hollywood movies and voiced Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory.

Jesus, imagine you're a waitress and some piece of poo poo waves a 20 at you smirking "too bad you're not wearing that short skirt or this one'd have your name on it"

gently caress that guy.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The wealth management firm that was set to enter into shared financial conservatorship with Jamie Spears over Britney has apparently pulled out of the deal, citing they were misled to believe that Britney was voluntarily under conservatorship, though what it sounds like is "we don't need this publicity nightmare." I can't find if a different company may take its place or if it just means daddy Spears gets to continue this sick, sad deal by himself.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm trying to formulate thoughts on this article and failing to come up with anything but heartbreak for these kids and disgust for the men who used them. That is one of the most soulcrushing things I've ever read.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
In a rare bit of good news, Jamie Spears has agreed to step down as Britney Spears's curator!

https://www.uktimenews.com/jamie-spears-steps-down-as-curator-relinquishes-control-of-britney-spears-60-million-estate/

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Goood daaamniiit

People in the replies rightly speculating that he probably wants guarantees that she won't sue him and probably a lifelong allowance before he lets go.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, that article seemed weird as gently caress. Like used wrong pronouns to refer to Britney Spears half the time.

I'm sorry, I had some trouble googling an article that wasn't in my own language. Will do better next time.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Men, especially rich men, "dating" underaged girls was a normalized thing until very recently. Hell, a distressingly large number of people still don't see it as a problem.

I'm not trying to defend that, and I'm certainly not trying to say that makes it okay, but for many decades a twenty or thirty or forty or fifty year old man having a sixteen year old girlfriend was just something society as a whole was okay with.

And, like, what could you even do if you weren't okay with it? Call the cops? They're not going to arrest a rich guy in the 90's, and they still rarely do that now.

It is, again, only recently that most (but not all) people have started seeing this is a problem. Mostly because social media has given the women that it was done to when they were underage teens a platform to say "Hey, this sucked for me actually and I don't want it to happen to anyone else." And thank loving God for that.

gently caress. Yeah, "trading her in for a younger model" is one of those indications that dating a young girl is seen as a status symbol, and it's too often not questioned because people literally don't see the girl in question as a person.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's never good when your defense is "um excuse me, I was only *accused* of rape, thank you very much"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Looking back, the message of media for my generation was "women must always be tricked into having sex"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo that's awful. "It could've been one of those insidious union do-gooders."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vegetable posted:

I was wondering which talk show host would be accomplice to the blatant whitewashing and of course it’s loving James Corden

lol James Corden is the guy who would tell the alien invaders he can help round up conspirators. All doing carpool karaoke with Crythos the Childeater sitting next to him

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

What's the smuggest photo of Elon Musk you've got?
No... that's too smug...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's not enough being (one of?) the world's bullshit money richest man, he also must be found cool by people online, he must

Maybe it's a consequence of having a powerful monster for a dad, Trump and Trump junior are the same.