Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Wait how is Keanu Reeves involved in all of this

Cause that is really really surprising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The Cameo posted:

Mel was the one person in Hollywood who was willing to talk to Jodie in the wake of the John Hinckley bullshit - at a time where he was a new hot star and she was mired under the publicity of all of that - and actively listened and helped her get through that time in her life, which was very, very rough. She considers him family. Robert Downey Jr. feels the same way. Those two hit it off making Air America and Mel and Jodie basically are at least half the reason RDJ wasn't someone who ended up dead in a gutter. Mel was also one of the first people to reach out to Robert after that final stay in rehab/jail that has kept him straight since -- he got him the lead role in The Singing Detective and put up the collateral to keep the production insured. So those two will always come down on the side of forgiveness when it comes to Mel until he like outright murders someone.

Like I said, it's a rumor, and it's him having been victimized by Geffen very early in his career.

Oh I see I thought you meant Keanu was a perpetrator of something not the victim.

I had never heard that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Timby posted:

I think Takei will outlive him out of pure spite, but otherwise, eh -- Nichols seems to be taking care of herself. The one I am pretty sure will go next is Koenig, because he's just been a walking shell ever since his son killed himself, and he's really slowed down over the past year or so.

I didn't hear that what happened?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah there's a lot of issues in the gay community and sexual assault is just as common as in the straight community , however the conversation that Takei is having with Howard Stern doesn't seem like he's admitting to assault.

Now get ready for some real talk it's not uncommon for younger men as 15 to 17 to have consensual relationships with much older men. It's not something I condone but for a lot of gay men their first consensual homosexual.encounter is with someone who is older.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

precision posted:

Many people don't think that 15-17 year olds are old enough to properly consent. Would you say the same thing about 15-17 year old girls who have "consensual" sex with (sometimes much) older men? Not a rhetorical question, just wondering. I mean hell, a whole lot of people get up in arms when older men and younger women get together even when they're in a location where it's absolutely legally above-board.

There's not some sort of magical right answer. There's different ages of consent all across the world.

The reason I even bring it up is that Takeis talked about his first experience and it was that type of situation.

It's just something that's a weird statistical fact that gay men a fairly large portion have had that sort of relationship or experience. I think that's a lot of it though is there is most certainly a cycle of that and also at least in most studies gay men's definitely answer on the more nebulous side of consent.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

One of the main plots of Queer as Folk was a 15 year olds relationship with someone who was in their late 20s, that kind for relationship is seen as perfectly normal for many gay men and I think that's part of the cycle. The problem is that sometimes those relationships are consensual and that makes people very uncomfortable and by the way I don't really think those are still appropriate event if there is consent.

I think it has more to do with actual male or masculine toxicity and that's why we see that there really statistically speak straight and gay men both have problems with consent and appropriate behavior.

I've literally had people tell me two men in a relationship cannot rape each other etc..

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 12, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I've been thinking about stuff like that, Courtney Stodden, Thora Birch and her parents, Scientology poo poo (esp. now that the Danny Masterson stuff coming out sounds absolutely horrific), etc. I mean, I don't know what to say about the more sensational stuff about pedo rings, but Hollywood is a youth-eating cult.

We could probably have a multipage thread derail about specifically the horror industry stories about how women are treated in that specific genre. There are some absolute total shitbags in the horror industry and it seems more concentrated than "mainstream" Hollywood.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Brendan Fraser also had multiple injuries from his action roles that affected his ability to get work and he is on the hook for 900,000 dollars a year in Alimony and Child support.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm honestly surprised that nothing has come out against Asia Argentos father. Like there's been rumors of him being kind of a poo poo head to women on set. Also he's directed several films where his daughter was either sexually assaulted in the film or his ex wife was as well.

Also he tried to like murder Jennifer Connelly

That's not hyperbole either he legit put her as a child actress in incredibly dangerous situations and she got part of her finger bitten off by a monkey on his set.

Like Italian directors of horror and exploitation were really scummy people and its surprising nothing has been coming out about that.

Like get women out in the middle of a jungle then inform them they gotta be nude for a scene and if they refuse just say well we won't give you a ride out of the jungle if you don't ( this happened to a actress in cannibal Holocaust)

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 3, 2018

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

To this day I'm amazed that not only is there apparently nothing on Dario but that he's actually voiced support of his daughter and the cultural moment in general. Although I wonder if that's because the Italian press is going insane attacking her.

Well most of the 70s exploitation Italian directors are just dead so that probably has more to do with it than anything else.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Do you mean Craig Charles because Dave Lister is a fictional character

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Only Shane Black can do that , if anyone else holy poo poo is it loving awful

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

enki42 posted:

She had this statement too, which has a little bit of "it's complicated" but doesn't come anywhere close to support if you ask me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WKFDqxiL80

It is a weird video.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Uh I think that just because MJ had a terrible childhood and was probably molested by his father doesn't mean he gets to molest kids.

He obviously did something

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Joe " Let me promote some business at my son's death press conference" Jackson most certainly abused his children sexually and physically.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Literally the only thing I ever gave him credit for doing well we’re World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide, but I checked and that was actually Max Brooks :v:

I actually thought the same thing

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

.... unless you're a female director, of course. I read an article years ago that ran up a big list of female directors whose careers had completely stalled after one bad movie as opposed to young up-and-coming male directors who kept getting handed second, third and fourth chances.

The best example of this is Lexi Alexander who's career is just now recovering.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah Ryan Adams being a total creep has been brought up before. It's good that the light is being shown on the music industry

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I understand where Gandalf is coming from with that statement that not leading a honest life leads to dishonesty but kind of not the only answer.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think people have trouble separating Terry Crews playing a character we all love in a movie or a TV show and Terry Crews the actor who oh yeah btw is a Conservative Christian. He probably has some not great viewpoints. Like it's terrible what happened to him and how it made him feel but you should not suddenly be like " Oh Terry Crews he shares my viewpoints".

He doesn't he's very well known to be a conservative Christian.

He may not be a registered Republican but he's not a liberal person at all. He goes out of his way to not officially in a public way endorse that stuff because it would be bad for his career but he has slipped up more than once over the years and said some pretty horrible poo poo.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 3, 2019

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

He shares basically the same viewpoint my cousins have. Like i disagree with his viewpoint but its not like something he invented. Its a pretty common viewpoint and people acting like its a insane thing is kind of weird. Like " Oh shocking Terry Crews Christian" has weird views on gender and homosexuals. I AM SHOCKED.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

R Kelly denying that he had anything to do with anything ever and its all a plot against him is pretty much the play by play for serial abusers. Like Christ dude they have you on video and thy probably now have more videos of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Grand Jury's are total bullshit but my guess is that the cops put the screws to the brothers.