Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

After what she revealed Harvey Weinstein did to her, I'm kind of surprised to see Asia Argento sign on to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like Sony is hoping the Spacey stuff all blows over as there are reports that they're going to push the release date for "All the Money in the World" back to next June. They had previously announced that they were keeping the release date of late December but were dropping the Oscar campaign for Spacey's supporting role.

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/928434850381553665

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mulva posted:

Most of these guys have been open secrets for years, few of the claims are [Sadly] all that surprising. I will say that Allison Mack starting a sex cult kind of caught me off guard though. Didn't see that one coming.

Just looked that up. Jesus.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

i haven't ever gone looking but i'd be curious to hear from people like Kate Winslet or Jodie Foster (who seems to really take to assholes, given her casting Gibson in The Beaver in 2010).

Imagine going to Europe to make a movie with Polanski and having it end up one of his lesser works. Like, Adrian Brody probably ended up benefitting long term from starring in The Pianist (or he would have if he weren't apparently allergic to success), but imagine being Walter Matthau, going to Europe to film a movie with a rapist less than a decade after he fled the US and ending up starring in loving Pirates.

Harrison Ford did Frantic

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Didn’t Ben Affleck do something like this about a week after the Weinstein story first dropped?

Nope, he got called out for groping first

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Super Fan posted:

loving Larry Clark. There’s a guy that does a poor job of hiding his attraction to kids

Harmony Korine?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ecareyo/status/930154667740295168

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I'd more likely think that there's skeletons in Crispin Glover's closest than Spielberg

DrVenkman posted:

Terry Crews is great. I think he'll be up there with Keanu for people that no one has a bad word against.

Well, there was his whole "Oh, it's okay to be transgender, but not transracial" protest last year

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

Wait, was he arguing against people being transgender or against people being transracial, or something else altogether?

As far as transracial goes, I've literally never even heard of the concept.

Last year it was revealed that a woman working for the NAACP wasn't actually African American, but Caucasian. Her defense was she identified as AA, so that should be considered her race. Crews is married to a Caucasian women, so his argument was shouldn't his kids be able to identify as Caucasian if they wanted to. He was trying to bring up the point that since people can choose what gender they identify with, why can't they choose what race they identify with. But he worded it all wrong. Instead of saying "why is it okay to be transgender, but not transracial", he should have said "why is it not okay to be transracial?" He should never have brought up transgendered people, and rightfully caught flack for doing so.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Add Al Franken to that list

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Fox news will be living off the Franken things for years.

McConnell just asked for in investigation into Franken.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Oh I definitely think Tambor needs to go, regardless of what the consequences might be for the production itself.

But I actually like your idea there about just switching over to a brand new character that examines the issue of transitioning from a new perspective. But obviously the casting would have to be a home run for it to work.

I've never watched the show, so can't really comment on the characters, but would it be possible to have one of the other characters comes to term with who they are, and inspired by Tambor's character's decision, decide to transition themselves?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Nobody else currently on the show could just carry it on their shoulders like Tambor can(at least in my opinion). I think you'd have to go outside and nab a legit lead actor to get people to buy in.

Yeah, that wouldn't work unless they got a whole new supporting cast.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/936761114230181888

Care to speculate?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Crews is in a precarious position, which really only makes what he did even more courageous. He's not A list, he doesn't star in movies that make a ton of money, he's a really great ensemble player and he can throw in a memorable cameo if you need him to, but entire productions aren't living and dying because of him. He's also a bit on the older side, because he didn't get into acting until he had finished with his completely separate career, and so age will be something going forward that people will be able to point to as an explanation for him not getting work if they really want to.

Work dries up for guys like Terry Crews all the time, regardless of talent(and he's got plenty). The powers that be can decide that he won't work anymore and there are reasons they can use to justify it if they really want to. The public will forget about Terry Crews very quickly.

He's always in Adam Sandler's films, so at least he has that

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Al Franken is finally getting calls to resign from his fellow Senators.

Better late than never, I guess.

And yet, it looks like Roy Moore is going to win his election, with the RNC backing him. America.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

Looks more like he could play Ron Perlman's brother in a movie.

He what Mickey Rourke would've looked like without the hard living, boxing, face lifts, etc

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Yaws posted:

TJ Miller always looks like he's been drinking for hours on end.

What did Matt Damon do?

Basically said we should celebrate all the men who don't sexually assault women.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The Harold Lloyd one is all kinds of WTF!? Lit the fuze to what he thought was a fake bomb, turns out to be a real bomb. Why is there a real bomb?!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

got any sevens posted:

Yeah, he did all those stunts in Safety Last! missing a couple of fingers

I like once you get to the late 70s, early 80s, there's just a bunch of Jackie Chan listings.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Len posted:

Well so far we've exhausted that well since there's only the handful of tweets with nothing specific at all.

Anyone else get nailed recently?

The guy who ran Feral audio is shutting it down due to the allegations brought against him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

*raises hand*

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

People still work with Roman Polanski

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

There may be some practical reason for it. A lot of things that you'd think would be super easy to fake, end up being strangely difficult when you're actually on a movie set trying to do it in real life and have it not come off as cheesy on film.

On the other hand this is Tarantino we're talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was just being a jackass.

Either way, the first rule on every set, no matter who the director is, should be that no movie, no matter how great, is worth someone being physically or psychologically harmed.

And that directors who don't listen to their own stunt professionals should be next in line to do the dangerous stunt that was so important it was going to make or break the entire movie.

There's the story about The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly where Leone was going to shoot the big bridge explosion scene, and he wanted Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach down near it when it went off. Clint asked Leone where he was going to be, and Leone pointed to the top of a faraway hill. Clint then told him "Then that's where we're going to be."

Also, on that film, Wallach was nearly hanged, set loose on a runaway horse, nearly decapitated by a train, and accidentally drank acid.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

There was also that doc by a Polanski apologist that some people here took as gospel

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It happens a lot now that I think about it. Nic Cage made like 30 garbage tier direct to video films after losing all his money and I guess he still isn't out of debt.

Edit: Does Danielle Radcliff owe money to the mob or something? Because his film output has been pretty poo poo overall since HP.

The opposite. He has so much money from HP, that he just does whatever the gently caress he wants.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wasn't "Aww Shucks" a catchphrase for one of Tom Hanks' recurring SNL characters?

Hanks was the first person to pop into my head, followed by Adam Sandler

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

One of the NCIS boxsets had a feature that was the cast at a restaurant talking about acting and some such, and there was a bit where Michael Weatherly talked about the pressures of auditions, and I'll always remember with Perette interjected "At least they don't always try to get you to take your shirt off."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Doesn't he have a history of being a bit of a creeper?

Married a sixteen year old (that he had known since she was twelve. Also cast her as a prostitute in Leon). But I'm sure people will point out that the age of consent in lower in France, as if that absolves it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

It's Hollywood. Read the story of this infamous film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Baby_(1978_film)

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 20, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Yikes.

Speaking of Cross, I remember that time he blew up because people were calling him on his tirades about lovely movies and TV, but then he appears in Alvin and the Chipmunks. That was fun.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

The Simpsons and Futurama still seem safe from shittiness? I mean, along these dimensions I guess. It's Always Sunny also seems pretty low key, which is kinda weird considering the material.

Add Parks and Rec to the RIP list, too, although I guess that started by hiring Rob Lowe. The Office is half-tainted since one of their biggest moments (Jim and Pam's wedding) uses a Chris Brown song very prominently. I believe this was even after the Rihanna stuff.

The Simpsons' recent response to the whole Apu thing was a bit tasteless

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

He was dating his granddaughter. This shouldn't surprise anyone

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's nice that they announced the arrest in advance. You don't want to be unprepared for something like that.

He's a rich white guy. He's owed the courtesy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

"I'm not going to apologize, just listen to my song ..."

Ugh

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Rich white men CANNOT FAIL.

Everybody loves a comeback story!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

And Luc Besson will judge

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Now Cernovich is going after Michael Ian Black

https://twitter.com/michaelianblack/status/1020652725158260737

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

henkman posted:

For what

Well, if you make bad jokes about abuse, it must be because you're secretly an abuser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Now they're targeting Anthony Jeselnik

https://twitter.com/anthonyjeselnik/status/1020783170738794497

But he's a guy who truly doesn't give a gently caress