Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My apologies if this has come up before, but this is where I first read about the Dan Schneider stuff: https://jezebel.com/5892565/is-robert-downey-jr-spreading-insider-celeb-gossip-on-blogs

Outside of Johnny Depp being mentioned as one of the good ones, it seems to have held up pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, Huang has said that everything Frank Whaley goes through is something he and other ap's went through.

I thought it was supposed to be about Scott Rudin?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

RIP The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Wasn't this the exact guy that a whole bunch of people were up in arms about the dangers of leaping to conclusions about?

As soon as I saw Bakkoonn's tweet about it I immediately came back here to see if the guy who was talking about the rumors being a longtime 4chan-orchestrated smear campaign had decided to double down or not.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I have a friend who works at the SPLC who's been researching the movement and going through old incel message boards and holy poo poo.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynMk2EwRi4Q&t=47s

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Serious question:

Has anyone been accused and then the accusations have been unfounded or the accuser has recanted and said they lied?

Conor Oberst a few years ago is the only one coming to mind.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Fart City posted:

Isn’t he buds with Alex Jones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR8QIi4xTWg

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Equeen posted:

He was in his forties when he made those jokes.

I think him getting fired is major overkill, but yeesh on a personal level with this.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I don't think there are a lot of working directors out there with post histories in the equivalent of 2018 GBS. James Gunn (and probably everyone who's written for Troma in the last two decades) feel like rare exceptions there.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

While we're on the subject of Hardwick, was the woman who helped blacklist Chloe ever definitively identified? I know there were names thrown out there, but I don't think I saw anything with any degree of confidence.

Were there any names thrown around besides Felicia Day?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I could see Kerry Kenney-Silver being down but Michael Ian Black and Tom Lennon would probably decline.

Oh no, does Tom Lennon suck as much as post-Meghan McCain book Michael Ian Black sucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

It’s a Dutch name. It’s pronounced “Th-ICE” which is close enough to “thighs” to make it way loving worse.

Obviously Matt Lauer's really into Hearthstone streamers