Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

He did own in Silicon Valley, but thankfully hes no longer a part of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

MorgaineDax posted:

Every single one of us in this thread would marry Patrick Stewart, so no sense complaining that other people got to him first.
I'm 50 years younger than Stewart and I'm straight male and I'd be more than happy to marry him, and I don't even like Star Trek.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Graham Norton Show loving owns, leave off

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Damien Green thing was funny because the print media in the UK, which is almost entirely right wing, eulogised him and talked about his downfall as if it were a tragedy.

He was wanking in his office, not shot by the Taliban.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dreylad posted:

He and another alt-right guy got Matt Taibbi's book tour for I Can't Breathe spiked last year. They love using liberal's logic to their owns ends, and are gonna keep getting people fired for things they write a decade or more ago.

Maybe it's reflective of the cultural and social stasis we find ourselves in that there's a deep cynicism towards the idea that people can change or grow over time.
Difference is that liberals and the alt-right were eager to believe that the stuff that Ames and Taibbi wrote was 100% true, as opposed to satire as they have said it was which is a claim that has been backed up by the people that actually worked with them in those years (including women).

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

K. Waste posted:

Bill Burr is funny as hell but he's the definition of how stand-up comedy has been and always will be just a vacuous black hole of reactionary ignorance. He at least has the humility to acknowledge every chance he gets that he really is just some boob who doesn't read anything and when he does read it's just conspiracy theory junk that turns him on.

The only good part of his podcast is just when he reads emails and you get an idea of just how loving atrocious his reading comprehension and interpretive skills are.
Whats your opinon on Stewart Lee?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj2LcKdRU0o

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Fart City posted:

I think Landis is an okay “idea guy;” “MK-Ultra stoner comedy,” “Fantasy End Of Watch,” and “Frankenstein from Igor’s perspective” are all decent concepts. But he loving sucks at delivering a finished product. His whole career feels like an echo of the spec script boom of the late eighties and early nineties.
Hes fine as a writer. I think the hyperbolic attacks on his abilities as a writer are because of his easy route into movies due to his connections and because he is clearly such a punchable little poo poo, but as far as Hollywood writers goes he is at worst competent.

Lets actually hate Max Landis for more straight forward reasons;
1) The multitude of allegations of sexual conduct and assault
2) His favourite wrestler is Triple H

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1098973690039955458

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This decision will be a stain on the history of Chicago and its police force, who we have all recently forgiven for setting up a black site to disappear working class minorities.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/UpstreamColor/status/1281691019692486657?s=20

So thats Shane Carruth posting a picture that includes a restraining order filed against him by Amy Seimetz.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

It also didn't help that the only person who went to bat for Depp at the time was JK Rowling, which had the double whammy of not only sounding like like a cynical attempt to try to keep the Fantastic Beasts franchise (another prime example of a "why won't this guy and his dumb schtick just GO AWAY" Johnny Depp role) from backlash but she was already getting called out for her weird politics and TERFness at the time (she was still in her "accidental retweet" phase as opposed go her current "vomiting Daily Mail talking points on Twitter" phase)
She wasn't the only one, its just that shes the one that got the most attention. I got a bit suspicious when Vanessa Paradis, who is the mother of his two children and I'm pretty sure split with Depp because he was cheating on her with Heard, called bullshit and came out in support of him. She wasn't even the only ex of his that did that either.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

It also helps that every big name in the media and politics in the UK went to the same schools, the same universities and regularly meet up at the same parties. Its a small club and if you're not in it then you're fair game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Violen posted:

love the trend of comedians who go off about how theyre gonna break down all comedy barriers and then immediately aim for either the most acceptable target du jour or whatever their pet hatred is to the exclusion of all other subject matter lol
He loves it. He gets to do stand up about breaking down barriers and deliberately trying to get "cancelled" while being celebrated by newspapers for going after targets that they regularly give a kicking.

If that fat geriatric oval office truly wanted to get cancelled then this special would be an anti-monarchist one that repeatedly attacks Lizzy, and it would land beautifully just before her next bank holiday celebration. Instead he just went after trans people and then plagiarised some old observations from atheism.

Hes a hack and a joke thief, and thats the two worst things you can say about any comic.