Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dead baby jokes AND 9/11 jokes? Be still my heart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That's a photo the women asked him to pose for so you can't read anything into that.

The only stuff I've heard about Goldblum being 'handsy' has been that he's incredibly tactile with everyone around him, regardless of gender or setting which you can be without being a creep. Not to say he can't be a groper in addition to that.

...I think it's super easy to read into "hey famous person, come take this picture with me where you're horny choking me in public" and for them to think it's a good idea.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Something can be gross as gently caress and not technically illegal. Woody Allen marrying his own adopted daughter for one.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Len posted:

So if I understand your point:

It's creepy because he's so old and obviously groomed her and there's a bad power dynamic and blah blah blah

It isn't at all that he wants a young wife and she wants to enjoy a few years not having to worry about money at all and this is just mutually beneficial with them both using each other

Your second example is also creepy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DC Murderverse posted:

maybe I have a warped sense of who is famous but I think Brad Garrett is the most famous person to call Ellen out

I feel like most famous people want to stay on her good side because she's got power

Yeah, the only people I’ve seen call her out have been writers. Even Karen Kilgariff, who got done INSANELY dirty by Ellen, still only refers to her time there obliquely.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Skwirl posted:

Do you have details, her wikipedia page doesn't mention it beyond just saying she was the head writer.

I bet a lot of former employees had to sign NDAs, and/or don't want to be seen as vindictive or difficult to work with. Other shows are probably less likely to hire you if they think you'll poo poo talk them the moment you leave.

Just that they were close collaborators for years, including Kilgariff helping write Degeneres’s standup during the show years, and that they haven’t spoken since the firing.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Welp, Woody Allen saying "I have to do this" over and over again is now burned into my loving brain :(

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also darkpriest ended up being a loving creep at minimum and maybe complicit in suicide at the worst? There’s a whole podcast about it: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-last-days-of-august/id1258779354

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh. Is that Zak S, also known as Zak Smith, the sex creep who shat his pants outside the christian chicken place? (allegedly).

At GenCon, yes.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Every Bill Hicks routine I’ve tried to listen to just sounds like Fox News, even when he’s on the right side of the issue. There’s just something about his delivery that hits very different now.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Alan Smithee posted:

"Samantha desides on a new look: the Dolezal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEKtVZ0XX4

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

https://www.portlandmercury.com/film/2022/03/01/38778177/silence-on-the-set-claims-of-harassment-and-assault-within-portlands-film-community

"Multiple women have spoken to the Mercury about being allegedly harassed by actor Christian Kane while working on Portland-area productions. Another said she was assaulted by actor Timothy Hutton following a production."

This is a hard loving read, like to the point where I feel like Leverage is completely tainted as a show. The sheer amount of harassment covered up by higher-ups and the fear of retaliation if complaints made it past them is so upsetting.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Turns out irony is literally indistinguishable from sincerity in 2022! Makes ya think!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

That guy absolutely deserves what was coming to him.