Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Aziz Imsorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MMD3 posted:

like 6+ years ago I had an encounter with Aziz that made me go wow that guy is a douche and totally full of himself. It was a bummer because I had been a fan of his standup for a bit but it was before he'd broken really really big. I've been a huge fan of Master of None and it was tricky to reconcile the short interaction I had with him with his character on the show but something has never sit quite right with me with him ever since.

That being said, I see both sides of this, I do think there's value to exposing even stories like this for the benefit of progress but I would be pretty disappointed if his career was somehow ruined because of what was reported in that article. I do think there's something interesting in the NYT article and it seems difficult to fathom that someone going on a date with a celebrity who has a show where he talks openly about his dating life (and even depicts himself hooking up with tinder dates) would be surprised when they end up at his place and he tries to take things to the bedroom... You should probably be mentally prepared to stop things or ask to move slower if you're a 20-something dating in NYC right? I dunno, maybe I'm wrong here but I felt that that part of the NYT article made a valid argument.

Same I met him twice in 2011 (at SXSW and then at NYC) and it really bummed me out. He later blew up with Parks And Rec but I never watched the show because of my interactions with him lol.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

sponges posted:

Well, what’s he do?

I was like 19 and he lined up behind me and friends at this food truck at a fader music party. I was like oh hey dude I’m a big fan of your stand up all that or whatever and he was just super stand-off ish and was like bothered we even talked to him. My friends got a pic with and he was nice about that i guess but the interaction totally rubbed me the wrong way. Like this wasn’t the vip area, and I get that. But man like he came across as this arrogant rear end in a top hat lol. Like drat man I’m loving sorry I even talked to you, I’m just this star struck kid and it was like one of the first few times I’ve had in a big city.

2 weeks later I was at the “final” LCD sound system show at Madison square garden. When that show ended I was walking to the subway with a group of people and this guy behind us just goes “drat that show was loving AWESOME.”

I turned around and was like “hell yeah dude” and we both looked at each other and it was crazy awkward. Like he definitely recognized me as the guy he blew off and immediately him and his posse just turned right into the first alleyway.

Like the gently caress? Lol. One of the most surreal experiences of my life.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

sponges posted:

That sucks but at least he didn’t ram his fingers down your throat

True

Made me believe that article tho lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Here's the writer's full response.

Lmao what the gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Has anyone talked about the Michael Jackson Finding Neverland documentary on HBO yet? I started watching it last night but fell asleep. I've been so busy so I haven't looked much into it but the word on twitter is a bit mixed on my feed.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just watched it. Pretty powerful stuff. Hearing the story these two and their families say is pretty heart breaking though. poo poo is hosed up and it reminded me of that kidnapped in plain sight doc

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The family in the kidnapped in plain sight doc dropped charges twice against that dude.

Imo that’s equally as hosed as this MJ thing. MJ is just more famous and had way more power/money.

The whole “he didn’t have a childhood, so he hangs out with kids only” is some crazy bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
its very hosed up that woody allen hosed soon-yi when she was a teen and he was in a relationship with mia farrow lmao. like what the gently caress this mans is hosed up