Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

but that's why his take seems especially silly to me. cavill seems like one of the last guys on earth who would have a difficult time telling if a woman was into him or not. they're going to let someone like him know pretty obviously.

exactly. it makes no sense.

Hmm yeah I wonder why an internationally rich and famous celebrity with millions of fans would have to think much harder about how they behave in public than some random European/Asian citizen cruising chicks at a bar, they are basically the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

all men should act the same when approaching women.

I agree, but all people aren’t going to respond to a 100% neutral introduction in the same way.

Like how sometimes you bump into someone on the sidewalk and the other person is like “no worries.” or they’re like “hey gently caress you”.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ha ha ha serial adulterer/feminist Joss Whedon has been green light to producer/direct/write an HBO prestige drama about super powered women in Victorian era clothing.

That’s a LoL

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but lets be honest the amount of people who gave a gently caress about those dudes is a drop in the bucket compared to Kevin "House of Cards + American Beauty" Space

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is James Gunn a comedian? Nearly every comedian has dated material they abandon or don’t want to come back to, and besides that conflating things someone said as part of an act vs actual things that they did seems like the wrong direction for this to go.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

zandert33 posted:

At this point why would any famous person (especially a comedian) even WANT to use social media anymore?

Actually Social Media is the apparatus through which comedians are exploding right now. Tom Segura, Chris D’elia, Whitney Cummings and literally dozens more have scraped together their careers through building facebook/twitter followers until they have enough of a community that Netflix pays them a million dollars for an hour of their material.

If you listen to pretty much any comedian’s podcast or radio show they pretty much unanimously agree it was Dane Cook’s use of MySpace that opened Pandora’s box and showed everyone in the comedy industry what social media meant to the profession.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Eddie Murphy also got busted with multiple transgender prostitutes, so his material came from an internal place.

Also Richard Pryor said human being all the time in his act and he was recently posthumously confirmed to be extremely bisexual by his wife, including a one night stand with Marlon Brando.

How do we feel about closeted black men using “human being” in their acts once we know it that they were gay?

(Personally I don’t care all their poo poo is mega hilarious”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s literally Comedy Police, it’s a terrifying precedent and the avalanche of pearls being clutched at is astounding.

It’s Weird Mike using our greatest weapon, internet outrage, against us.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
At this point his next move will be mobilizing the Watermelon Party against Gallagher

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
COMPLETE LIST OF THINGS YOU CANNOT TELL JOKES ABOUT:
1) RAPE
2) PEDOPHILIA
3) WOMEN
4) TRANSGENDER PEOPLE
67) OLD LADY FALLS DOWN STAIRS BUT ITS NOT HER FAULT A ROLLERSKATE WAS AT THE TOP
68) TERMINAL CANCER WARD FOR CHILDREN
69) PEOPLE WITH TOO MANY FRECKLES

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Pirate Jet posted:

Don't turn a discussion about the nature of forgiveness and terrifying new methods of disingenuous activism into another arena for you to complain you can't make rape jokes, you worthless idiot.

70) JOKING ABOUT RAPE

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Probably not from Gunn’s tweets but MIB or 0atton Oswalt’s or Anthony Jeselnik’s (you know, professional comedy writers) then very probably

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Why do you think making fewer jokes about taboo, offensive material on a globally available social media platform makes Hollywood less toxic?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/michaeljknowles/status/1020405289474961409?s=21

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Catfishenfuego posted:

Imagine looking at a trifecta that involves a company that abuses and destroys entire cities, which was founded by a nazi, an actual literal nazi who raped someone and a dude who made lovely gross jokes before coming to terms with his toxic masculinity and realising he was wrong and thinking it's the third who' should be punished.

Just because it’s worth clarifying, historically speaking Walt Disney WAS NOT a Nazi, but said some kind of racist things in private and had some Nazi’s over to the studio, but also pushed for diversity in the studio. He may have been a racist, but the assertion that he was a Nazi/Nazi sympathizer is overblown and false.

He’s was probably JUST a terrible person, but likely not a Nazi.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dave Bautista owns and we don’t deserve his love

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Chris Evans and Dave Bautista rolling through Charlottesville rally dressed as Cap and Kratos, slam-jamming Nazis and slapping Pepe flags and tiki torches out of people’s hands, is the music video I never knew I wanted until right now

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Chris Pratt likes being a hunky millionaire action star and isn’t gonna touch this with a ten foot pole

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He almost certainly cheated on his wife with a noted racist neo-Nazi Laura Loomer in the last couple of months also.

The thing is Mike has nothing to lose from doing this. He has discovered a scenario in which he has all the power and leverage, because there is nothing they can take from him.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Arkhams Razor posted:

He issued a direct denial and the accuser reached some sort of exclusivity agreement with Rolling Stone, who are presumably still investigating.

There’s no way their report will be allowed to run until after their 2019 album releases.

Bill Burr is a beloved and respected comedian but you can also tell from his podcast that his wife and daughter are the most important things in the world and that his true niche as an entertainer is being a mirror for frustrated white men to vent with and at. His black wife is frequently featured on his podcast and has no problem putting him in his place.

Also I watched roughly 100 hours of Joe Rohan on YouTube and only ever got one Ben Shapiro suggestion and told YouTube to gently caress off with that poo poo and and have never gotten any other alt-right poo poo ever, so maybe if you care so much then take the 8 seconds necessary to groom your personalized feed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

What? He has literally over 1,000 and maybe less than 30 of them are even tangentially alt-right. I watched all his MMA fighter interviews because they are the best (only?) real in-depth interviews in the sport and he has like hundreds of hours of bullshitting with other comedians.

The idea that Joe Rogan is this constant live stream of alt-right propaganda is so ridiculously overblown on SA. He’s a 50 year old comedian and meathead-jock who has in the past 3 years had some extremely dumb and conservative guests on his show. He himself isn’t alt-right and it’s just ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Larry King sucks and Seinfeld was in the right there. You have one job, you’re the most famous person to have ever done that job, you’re interviewing one of the biggest celebrities of all time, take like the most cursory amount of time necessary to get your goddam facts straight lol.

No wonder Joe Rogan is absolutely bodying Larry King in terms of interviewer influence.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Skwirl posted:

Why the gently caress do you keep stanning for Joe Rogan? I know I just trashed one specific question by Larry King, but he was far more influential than Joe Rogan ever will be, loving Marc Maron is more influential than Rogan.

Yeah that’s not what YouTube and Apple say but whatever. Joe Rogan has more downloads and streams that Marc Maron and Larry King’s combined total estimated viewership (Marc Maron is a fine person and funny but he is really not a big deal at all). I’m sorry you don’t like him, but he is the most far reaching interviewer in the history of Earth, LoL

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but in depth 3 hour interviews that span a range of topics that aren’t curtailed by FCC regulations that reach a demonstrably wider audience are better, so...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine going to bat this hard for Joe "I'm not a Nazi or conspiracy theorist, honest, I just love talking to them and giving them platforms and agreeing with them a lot more than anything else" Rogan :laffo:

Imagine huffing wet egg farts from a bag so hard that you believe talking to someone makes you complicit in their crimes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok but what about the literally thousands of hours of science and technology and social reform that he's featured on his show? Does 30 episodes of Jordan Peterson/Candace Owens/Ben Shapiro really take his entire body of work and make it void? (also, everyone thinks he super agrees with all these people but if you watched or listened you'd realize that he definitely cuts them off and questions them when they get into stupid nazi/immigration poo poo and mostly just talks to them about their views on modern PC culture and why they disagree).

Its just funny to see the endless frothing at the mouth by people against Joe Rogan when he does so many good things for so many people but he has questionable guests on his show with bad opinions and suddenly he's the loving Pogram of the 4th Reich. It's just a hilariously reactionary viewpoint that indicates, among other things, complete ignorance of the subject.

It's whatever, you don't have to like him, but pretending he agrees with these morons on everything is just wrong. It doesnt matter how mealy-mouthed your complaints are, you're asserting a falsehood, and I just think it's really funny how incredibly CHUD-ly it is to just incessantly bleat about how something is bad without engaging or attempting to understand it. It's like the definition of conservatism but it's ok because you don't like him. Why does this apply to Joe Rogan and not to like, every major media outlet?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don't listen to Stern but aren't his interviews generally 45 minutes tops? Or is that just what google is showing?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dark Angel had a hotter blonde love interest in the show and this creep had them write the dude into a crazed-cyborg mercenary to preserve the sanctity of his Waifu!

Also holy cow at Jessica Alba only ever having two boyfriends ever before her husband.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Half your age + 7 is the only answer to age gap. If it doesn’t meet that criterion then it’s gross.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at holding up Scientology as a defense of how to treat your sex slaves.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just listened to a podcast of stand-up comedians talking and the scene in LA comedy clubs at this point is 80/20 for/against Louis coming back, but with pretty much everyone saying this new set is not the first step he should have taken after a year of radio silence.

They also provide an anecdote where Janine Garafalo was in attendance at the film festival where he JO’d at those two women and she says she remembers sitting in the green room when they came downstairs and told everyone what had just happened and everyone just laughed and laughed because it was so gross and weird. At the time everyone was treating it like a funny story. She routinely stands up for Louis CK now, very firmly in the “it was a different time and he’s a very different person now” camp.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I appreciated the insight into the situation. The LA comedy scene is slowly cannibalizing itself due to a war between SJW/Safe Space Crusaders and the old guard “you can’t tell me what is/isn’t funny” and it’s pretty interesting how many people that publically called Louie out and took a stance on him had actually known about it for years.

Tig Notaro was specifically called out as having known all about Louie the entire time he was funding her show and helping her become more established and then ditched him and took a stand only when it was convenient to do so.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The last Your Mom’s House w/ Ari Shaffer as a guest. Any single given episode of this podcast would probably cause a 20 page derail, but we all know how Goons feel about comedy podcasters lol

E: Episode 456

Double: Whoa i forgot this episode also covers their views on Hardwick (guess how that goes)... comedy podcasters indeed

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 5, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Isn’t it weird how black teens getting publicly abused and molested and groomed by Drake and R. Kelly and Morgan Freeman just never seems to matter as much as white women getting molested...

I mean it’s common knowledge that R. Kelly keeps underage sex slaves locked in a mansion. There are huge investigative reports into it. He’s still making music. Freeman’s granddaughter was murdered by boyfriend because she’d been groomed into sex by Freeman, uh he’s fine nothing happened to him. This is like the 3rd “Drake hangs out with teenage girls and does creepy poo poo” tweet I’ve seen this year, but he’s got more money than god so lol at anyone giving a poo poo this decade.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
His granddaughter was murdered by her boyfriend and he claimed it was because she came out and told him that Freeman had been having a sexual relationship with her since she was a teen. After that happened a bunch of reporters came out and were like “Freeman has always been a totally inappropriate creep, here’s some examples”

The New York Post has literally a dozen articles about from the last year.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Patton "Joss Whedon is my best friend IRL" Oswalt, you say?

no one is safe, kill all your heroes, patiently wait to be told what is funny

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

That scene was written by the women in the scene, Pamela Adlon, his best friend, writing partner, and co-producer (also the voice of Bobby Hill).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yes, actually I’m saying if an actress wants to write a scene where she gets raped by her friend, it’s perfectly fine for her to do that. Using it as an example of how gross Louis is seems weird, since the scene was her idea, and her creation, and executed to her vision.

You are out of your goddam mind if you don’t think Pamela knew every scrap and tittle of Louis CK’s deviancy, they’ve been working together almost as long as he and Silverman.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

syscall girl posted:

Even Bill HIcks is kind of a bore

tangentially ofc Maynard James Keenan, most likely a predator

All those accusations disappeared quietly and were in all likelihood false. The account was deemed extremely fake and lots of crew chimes in to be like “this mysterious blonde woman who grooms groupies for Maynard doesn’t exist or at least none of sound/lighting/tech people have any idea who you’re talking about” then rolling stone supposedly got in touch with them but it was over a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He also famously made Bruce film the front flip in Evil Dead like 15 times and then admitted he really thinks they got it on the first try.