Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I've never kept that much of an eye on things, but didn't Stephen Colbert and Sarah Silverman actively campaign to maintain Louis' image in the face of the several charges that surfaced before the one that finally took him down? Have they spoken about it since? Powerful people covering for abusers and not suffering consequences from it risks the recent progress made being for naught as public/journalistic attention gets diverted.

I don't think it was on the level that Colbert should be fired or anything, but public contrition would do wonders. Something like a simple: "Louis CK was my friend and colleague. I didn't want to believe his conduct was as bad as it was and I thought he could change. I was wrong. I enabled his predation. I'm saying this now so that others don't make the same mistakes I did."

Silverman intervened also when Dan Harmon's misconduct came to light and there, at least, Harmon gave what seemed a thorough and honest recounting of the awful poo poo he did and an apology to the woman he had victimized. Hopefully what he said will actually influence those who listened to be more self-aware about their own patterns of behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU