Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm legitimately shocked there hasn't been any Jack Nicholson allegations. You know that guy has done everything Led Zeppelin did, but worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

They're not saying it's okay, they're talking about why it happens.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Yeah, it's really just friends of his saying he's been nice to them and they support him. Doesn't really mean much.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

precision posted:

I didn't say that it meant he didn't do anything or whatever, but having so many women formally put out a statement like that is going to complicate the discussion.

Yeah, I didn't think you were saying he didn't do anything. I just doubt it'll complicate the discussion much.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Detective No. 27 posted:

I already suggested car bomb. Certainly they already shot a scene of him walking into a car. If not they could always use stock footage. Or even a behind the head shots of a double.

Bob Mortimer looks remarkably like Kevin Spacey from behind.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Oh, great, now we'll have to put up with Woody Allen becoming enamoured with another city. First New York, then London, now gently caress Island.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

exquisite tea posted:

I really hope it's not Mario Batali in 2017, this most iconoclastic of years.

Uh oh.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Since the guy got away with murder I think it's a good thing that the fact that he's a piece of poo poo murderer is mentioned a lot.

I do think the "helicopter parent" jokes are played out though.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Coffee And Pie posted:

Know what the difference is between those two kids and "helicopter parent" jokes?

The jokes have gotten old.

lol

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It's wild to me seeing people in this thread calling the Woody Allen case complicated or up-in-the-air at all.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

NTRabbit posted:

Wahlberg and Williams are represented by the same agency

Throwing in a post by therattle from GenChat:

therattle posted:

It's not that simple.

1) Cast agreements usually have a certain number of free days, eg services for the shoot from x to y, plus z free days for re-shoots, overruns, ADR, etc. It may be that there were more free days on her contract, and they used those, whereas Wahlberg's didn't have any left.

However, given how it is phrased that is unlikely.

2) The fact that they are at the same agency is not that relevant. Agents look out for their clients. They don't tend to give a crap about other clients at the same agency as they have no incentive to.

3) I am very surprised by this story. When dealing with talent their reps are very keen on everything being "most favoured nations" (mfn) as much as possible, i.e., if someone else gets something better, their client gets it too. So, if you agree a per diem of $80 for Williams and it's MFN, but it's then negotiated that another actor gets $100, Williams would get $100 too. I find it extremely surprising that after she said that she'd do it for nothing that her reps didn't say "yeah, she's in and won't take a fee but if anyone else gets paid she gets paid too on the same basis". Agents and lawyers do that almost by instinct; the first thing they ask is what others are getting. So that makes me think that there is more to this story than meets the eye.

Having said all that, there is rampantly unequal pay in Hollywood, undoubtedly. However, I amn't sure that this story illustrates that as much as it illustrates two very different approaches to dealmaking by Williams's and Wahlberg's teams.

Same agency, totally different teams. Being at the same agency means very little. I bet they had different agents and lawyers. Lawyers are very involved in the nitty-gritty of negotiating deals. Yep, just checked. No overlap whatsoever in agents, managers or lawyers.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the sending nudes was something her dad suggested since her dad was super-involved in her career to the point of costing her work by being too overbearing, and apparently was also a bit of a creep himself.

I thought that was Thor Birch's dad?

Not that I'd be surprised if there were two child actors with weirdo parents.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There is a hell of a lot of loving and sucking in Spartacus and I don't even think it occurred to me that the gratuitous sex scene had basically disappeared from movies around this time.

This seems like some dumbshit Nancy Grace question, but: was it 9/11?

The '90s -- and '80s, kinda -- were fuuuulll of gratuitous sex scenes. What stopped that?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Everyone knows there's a difference between what Aziz did and what Weinstein did. It's weird and condescending to think they don't. Just because someone isn't constantly qualifying that a bad thing isn't as bad as a worse thing doesn't mean they're painting everyone with the same brush.

unless someone kills him in the parking lot he hasn't suffered any consequences.

If only.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

DrVenkman posted:

I think apologising directly to the person is still a lot better than just issuing a press release to say how sorry you are. Throwing out a press release is the easiest thing in the world, actually facing up to it is different and to my mind at least, gives more credence to the apology being genuine. In Geimer's case, it clearly meant something to her and it's clear she harbours no ill will towards him or what he had said.

My favourite part is that Geimer took the opportunity to chat about True Romance and grill him on his new movie. She seems chill as gently caress.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Still silly.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

What else is there to say about this but:

Lmfao

Jeeeeesus lol

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

but at the same time, the reaction to him has been so extreme and he's been so widely hated for so long for other reasons that i'm not sure if a sincere apology a la Dan Harmon would have actually done anything for him. i feel like pretty much anything he could have done would have gotten this same reaction from everyone, even if this had been a genuine "holy gently caress i'm a bad person" wake-up call for him.

Maybe. We'll never know because everything he's actually done since has been really bad and cringe-y.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

As dumb as I find all this blind item poo poo, there seems to be a mix up between A- list and A-list. A scale like "A-, A and A+" is what the thing is referring to.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Haha gently caress that dumb audience.

I like that the employment of a sexual predator is more important than a filmmaker actually sneaking his first choice back into a film.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

https://twitter.com/THR/status/997906997336006656?s=19

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It's wild that they let that happen.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

There's a really good part in the behind-the-scenes of Netflix's W/ Bob & David in the writer's room. Cross has a sketch idea about a kid who dies and comes back and writes a book about going to heaven. Cross seems more focused on talking about Jesus having a boyfriend and Odenkirk rightfully steers it to the funnier idea of everyone (Hitler, John Wayne Gacy) being allowed in Heaven.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I'm legit surprised Weinstein isn't just going to live out his awful life somewhere in Europe.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

teacup posted:

Play this out. Honestly, what should happen to him and explain how it will make things better.

What has happened to him?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Bee hive bunker wrath

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Why can't all these guys get a job mopping up a Baskin Robbins or something?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I don't think anyone's saying he's not allowed to learn and change. That's undoubtedly a good thing. But if a manager of a Subway did this to some employees I sure as hell wouldn't want him managing any more Subways, no matter how many vacation days he took.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hmmm, yes, won't someone think of the unrepentant racist and the serial sex pest

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

AlternateAccount posted:

Yes, Roseanne the racist who had Wanda Sykes as the head writer on her reboot. Truly some masterful subterfuge to hide her true nature.

Roseanne is a longtime idiot in decline into ever deeper levels, but...

I guess she'd be the first racist to ever work with a black person.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

No, I stopped mailing him five bucks every time I pop my DVD in.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah that’s not what YouTube and Apple say but whatever. Joe Rogan has more downloads and streams that Marc Maron and Larry King’s combined total estimated viewership

Weird stat to know off-hand, but I assume you've been through this before.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

"He doesn't agree with them, he just likes to spend hours talking to them and also hang out with them as well."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Remake the video as John Doe in the back of the cop car, Kevin

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Thijs in the Manse

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

CelticPredator posted:

Probably not because it was most likely actors messing around.

Yeah, this story always felt a little bloated to try to prove some bro-y behaviour when it's a really basic, dumb prank.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Detective No. 27 posted:

The "investigation" was run by a company owned by Patti Hearst. Hardwick is also married to Hearst's granddaughter. (Yeah, that Patti Hearst.)

Wasn't it literally Pinkertons?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hey, it checks out. New cameras are expensive.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Thomas Middleditch absolutely sucks, his relationship sounds like poo poo, he's not a sex pest based on that one interview.

All of these are true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Judakel posted:

He looks like a dork. Anyway, Spacey had that person killed.

Oh, most definitely.