Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

results of pursuing hot tip...

you are fired?

well at least I won a free lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Sucrose posted:

Go away forever, Kevin Spacey, and be glad you aren't sitting in a jail cell (which you might be sometime in the future).

so many great roles

the shipping news... midnight in the garden of good and evil lost like tears in rain

time to die

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Fart City posted:

what in the high holy gently caress is that Kevin Spacey video.

Jesus Louisus.

i mostly remember him from stuff that is not his prestige show

but yikes

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

That video is legitimately loving creepy as hell because no matter how much he's trying to act IC it sounds a whoooole loving lot like he's talking about himself.

that accent

hi, it's me Kevin

here's sincerity

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

*gets accused of sexual assault*
its time for me to reveal the real me, the truth is im gay yall
*gets charged with sexual assault*
ya i did it and you stupid rubes love it cuz u hypocrites love badguys

trump would have pardoned him but :gay:

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hello, its me kpax, I came back you guys. Watch me eat this burger.

gently caress I forgot that weird 90s turd

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vq_k0yqq88

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Ornithology posted:

I don't get the point of the Jessica Alba one. They had a consenting relationship, the guy was a bit creepy due to the age difference but that's it. Am I missing something? The headline makes it sound like he's raping virgins but as far as I can tell they were just a couple...

Alba didn't even say anything negative about him?

18 year olds can't consent.

They can only do war, gambling and smoking. Smoking with consent of parents. Or someone who is 21.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Nothing changed about you. He's just very funny.

Very funny people will make you laugh, even if you don't want to. That's what being very funny is.

His tv show was well above par.

The part about not wanting to date a fat girl was interesting because well she spelled it out and he was just like 'huh'

Nevertheless he did something that if you do it on the streets of New Orleans or New York you will be classified as a sexual predator

which is not that funny

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Yeah and the one where he gets raped in that lady's truck.

Show's problematic but that's fiction.

The reality though is as I said pretty loving bad

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

I'm just going to try to reiterate Louis CK is a scumbag and a monster

The show he did was great and his stand up act about white privilege was really honest

I do not support his return to public life or w/e

He should be held accountable

it was a drat good show though

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Can we switch gears to maybe actually huge monsters like Woody Allen or something?

Luc Besson

literal predators instead of sad dick wagglers (who need time inside, no joke)

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Maybe writing herself as his rape victim was a way of outing him or mocking him? I dunno. Writing in a rape scene for yourself is creepy and weird as hell.

This describes most of Louis CK's body of work but it seemed like a commentary rather than a biography, until it wasn't.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Louis CK was actually one of my favorite comedians ever before all this poo poo became publicized and he became a giant loving reactionary baby about it. He sucks and it won't be the first time I have to give up on a performer or show I really liked (Bill Cosby: Himself is one of my favorite standup shows). :shrug: Life goes on. You don't get a pass because you are a great writer or performer.

I should probably give up on performers who are scientology cultists as well, as some of them like Tom Cruise are very powerful within that organization and likely have done stuff as bad or worse that will never become public because they're ten times as powerful as either of those comedians.

This is basically my take as well.

Kill your heroes

full stop

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

Hell no my heroes are great

Mine are crap

but ^^^^^

Bruce Campbell

and idk Sigourney Weaver

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

MrFlibble posted:

Keanu Reeves is apparently a saint. George Carlin was hilarious.

And gently caress it, Alex Winter was Bill and he gets a spot just for that.

George Carlin was hilarious and probably not a candidate for #metoo

however, go back and watch his old rants

they don't hold much water

except if you're against the gubmint which in his prime was pretty evil

and afaik hasn't gotten a lot better

also women drivers or something

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Even Bill HIcks is kind of a bore

tangentially ofc Maynard James Keenan, most likely a predator

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

All those accusations disappeared quietly and were in all likelihood false. The account was deemed extremely fake and lots of crew chimes in to be like “this mysterious blonde woman who grooms groupies for Maynard doesn’t exist or at least none of sound/lighting/tech people have any idea who you’re talking about” then rolling stone supposedly got in touch with them but it was over a year ago.

Good news itt?

My brother has stories about the guy but they're mostly normal cocaine debauched SoCal fuckery

I really like his musics so hosed up if untrue

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

So there are all these people who have genius moments and we remember them fondly and then find out they suck.

My loving therapist yesterday quoted Woody Allen at me, no joke.

And he had a good point but it's like jeez

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

God Hole posted:

we're specifically citing incidents that showcase his level of intelligence between the time he got big and before metoo.

you raise a point that I hear a lot though, and imo is a bit disingenuous. He committed the acts in question, masturbating in front of people under circumstances of dubious consent, arguably when he was still green in the industry and unaware of the power dynamics in play. Whether someone can still be considered "guilty" years later of transgressions like that, when they didn't "know better" is still within a grey area as far as the court of public opinion goes.

What really sinks his ship though, is his continual denial and denigration of his accusers, and their subsequent career destruction, which was still occurring long past the point where it's been established he "knew better". They were denied any kind of catharsis during that decade where Louis CK became a millionaire comedy mogul and household name.

I really dislike this post because it seems to accurately describe what the situation is. And I'm still a huge fan. Or I was, whichever.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Keep him in a toilet lol

douche is french for uh bathing

toilette is where you keep your necessaries

and Chris Brown deserves scorn and a lot of things

has not life punished him enough? :byodame:

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Deadguy2322 posted:

As much as rapists and predators are terrible people, there’s a real witch-hunt feeling the way people go after their friends and family when these things go public that I find really distasteful and kind of disturbing. You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep, true, but nobody knows anybody else 100%.

I read the article about the Apt Pupil set incident, and I couldn’t finish it. I know how that kid felt, and it was too much to take.

I saw that movie as a child myself. It was dark.

From Stephen King's real weird period.

I don't even know what the set incident was and almost certainly don't want to.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Snowman_McK posted:

the Usual Suspects was aggressively empty of women.

Gabriel Byrne's love interest/lawyer

uuh

yep

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Samuel Clemens posted:

Accusations like these are probably a lot more damaging to actors than behind-the-scenes people. You can't watch a Kevin Spacey film without being reminded of his crimes, but how many people even know Bohemian Rhapsody was directed by Singer?

It's funny that this all, sort of, goes back to Weinstein who wasn't the first or the last just a first big splash in the pool. And most filmgoers couldn't tell you what he did other than have a private casting couch.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Fart City posted:

Fair enough.

Singer will be like the American Jimmy Savile once the seeds are spilled.

I dunno, if that's an apt comparison, fuuuuuuuck

Jimmy Savile I mean, that's a curse

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Vagabundo posted:

In Savile’s case, IIRC, even Maggie Thatcher was mentioned, pretty much confirming she was a poo poo-tier garbage person.

The thing about Savile was the extreme nature of what he did.

Putting the iron lady on the list is wow, okay. poo poo. But raping kids in a hospital and even the morgue that guy was a piece of work.

Not trying to defend Singer.

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Vagabundo posted:

While there's no specific evidence to suggest Thatcher was involved in Savile's, uh, hobbies and interests, it's possible or even likely that she was at least vaguely aware of it, and it's not implausible that her estate has gone some lengths to covering it up - the redacting of documents requested by Operation Yewtree does not reflect favourably in this context and it is now known that she was warned by the honours committee about his lifestyle but nevertheless continued to lobby for him to get a knighthood. That said, she was racist scum, so I admit I am quick to assume the worst about that piece of loving poo poo.

Yeah she was Reagan's counterpart like Blair was to dubya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Relationship

not trying to drag George Michael into this but Shoot the Dog played constantly on the corner shop

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm pretty sure Joe was accused of sexual abuse by his older daughters, Rebbie and LaToya.

He did basically lock Michael in a room with a girl his age and basically made it clear that they were to couple

Is what the girl said, and that Michael was shy and a perfect gentleman so nothing happened

So, pretty creepy on Joe's part right there

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoFSDrVrLno

e: i loving love kanye and don't much like die antwoord

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Kanye’s not a rapist just a jackass

:emptyquote:

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

Pirate Jet posted:

I was willing to excuse Kanye as just a severely mentally ill man who bought hard into the “great art can only come from suffering” myth until the Candace Owens/MAGA poo poo.

Yeah, his MAGA poo poo is horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

how did this guy become a trump supporter?