Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I’m sure plenty of people online are rushing to his defense that “comedy shouldn’t have limits” but they aren’t even well-written jokes, which is one of the problems. It’s just being mad at other groups of people. Workshopping a new bit doesn’t mean “shout about topic, add joke later”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I feel like MJ is also shielded by the fact that this story has been around for a long time. Even if the waters are less muddy now and there are credible stories, people are less likely to backtread and admit that they excused a predator for over a decade. It’s much easier to turn on someone like Kevin Spacey where it’s a “We just didn’t know” situation.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I’m convinced Spacey is trying to become memetic by doing bizarre crap a la Shia LaBeouf, hoping it’s enough to charm his way back into public favor (I’m not comparing him one-to-one with Shia, just the quickest example to use). And unfortunately there is a non-zero chance it will work.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Skwirl posted:

They're selling glasses with Alexa built in now.
If you're determined and willing to drop some cash it's near trivial to sneak in an HD camera and audio recorder they probably wouldn't be able to find even with a pat down.

I realize the reality is likely different, but all I can imagine is a pair of glasses that constantly light up and loudly declare “Hmm, I don’t know that” or “Amazon music is currently streaming on another device. If you sign up for the family plan...” while I frantically scream at it to get it to stop.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
You’d think with how the past few years have gone in terms of Me Too that Disney would do some vetting before committing to giving Goldblum his own show on their new streaming service. I’m not siding with Goldblum without any additional information, but there have certainly been murmurs about him for some time and Disney doesn’t strike me as being willing to roll the dice like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You mean like Jeremy Renner?

I thought about that while writing, but Jeff Goldblum’s show looks to be literally “let’s hang out with Jeff Goldblum while he does stuff”. It’d be harder to hand wave that away than the least important Avenger.

(Again, not denying the fact that he could be a creep. Disney cares about money more than values.)