Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I wonder if any of this poo poo played a part in him leaving Silicon Valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This implied accusation that he tried to kill Uma Thurman to protect Weinstein is absolutely loving ridiculous. I mean it is poo poo-stupid on its face, and anybody who believes it is no different from people who think the Clintons killed Vince Foster and a whole slew of other people.

Jesus loving goddamn Christ.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Max showed up on the pointlesswasteoftime.com forums sometime around 2002, 2003 I guess, and had this bizarre whiny/persecuted/edgelord thing going on. We all thought it was teenage angst and he'd grow out of it but when I look at his interviews and read his tweets today, he's exactly the same person. Just with money and some kind of standing (?!) in the industry.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Considering the kind of people who ran PWOT I'm not too surprised he'd think he'd be welcome there.

I guess there are a lot of things you could say about those forums as they were then, and the guy who ran them, but people like Max were most definitely never welcome there. It was drat near a defining characteristic of the place!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I mean John Cheese was a sex pest and David Wong apparently covered for him.

:stonk:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Tart Kitty posted:

Yeah. Last year. Sexually harassed six women. Just google "John Cheese allegations" and you'll get caught up.

Holy loving poo poo. I had not heard about any of this.

e: is this part of why they shut down the forums? I stopped reading them about a year after PWOT became Cracked, and just looked a couple months ago and noticed they were gone.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 16, 2019

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

From what I'm reading now, this all started way before Cracked, too.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

“Colour Society”?

JFC

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LOL at “The Great Maxby”

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

As part of his legal defense strategy, Weinstein is showing up to court using a loving walker now.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://pagesix.com/2019/12/15/harvey-weinstein-i-deserve-pat-on-back-when-it-comes-to-women/

“The alleged serial sex predator and disgraced Hollywood producer whined to The Post in an exclusive interview that he should be remembered for doing more professionally for women than anyone in history — rather than the slew of sickening accusations against him.”

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Get a load of this woman

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/us/harvey-weinstein-lawyer-donna-rotunno/index.html

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

Why would the documentary be connected to the internet? Why does he have a "technology team" at a movie screening? "We're trying to fight back, but the hack is too strong". Give me a break, it's a scam.

Exactly. That was shameful acting, even for Corey.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This also isn’t Hollywood, and it isn’t the USA. I feel like it’s appropriate for the thread, though

https://twitter.com/ajitpai/status/1461495262933889029?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

This isn't limited to the Depp/Heard trial, but there is a significant... uhh... subset, of the populace of this country for whom "FREE SPEECH!" is of paramount importance, and who simultaneously support the idea of suing people for saying things they don't like.

And also this same subset of people is now crowing things like "And thus endeth #MeToo :smug:"

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 1, 2022