Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr.Chill posted:

Just wanted to point out - pages and pages about Dusk Till Dawn and the toe sucking scene and no one mentioned that long, deeply uncomfortable subplot in the first half of the movie about sexualizing a mentioned 14 year old.
But that's meant to be deeply uncomfortable though. Tarantino's character sexualising her is not portrayed as a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ok Comboomer posted:

If only he’d been to court for it two decades ago

If only Dave Chapelle had made a wildly popular sketch about it and put it on a DVD with record sales
The Boondocks also had an entire episode dedicated to the court case.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apparently one of the orcs in LotR was modelled after Harvey Weinstein.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

This one probably isn't his fault, though, right? I know it's still being investigated, since it just happened, but it's likely a Brandon Lee situation, where it was a massive gently caress up by someone in the prop department.

It seems like a massive gently caress by everyone. Even though Baldwin didn't know that gun was loaded, it's basic gun safety that you do not point even a unloaded gun at something you don't intent to shoot at.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rust armorer’s attorneys suggest that someone sabotaged the ammo:

quote:

We have people who had left the set, who had walked out because they were disgruntled. We have a time frame between 11 (a.m.) and 1 (p.m.), approximately, that day, in which the firearms at times were unattended, so there was opportunity to tamper with this scene.
Claiming that the ammo was unattended might not be the stellar defense the lawyer think it is.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

emo-ignorance posted:

They're probably trying to contain the level of hosed-ness and go for a settlement.

They should maybe try a bit harder.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

broke: "yoooo this dude loving sucks"
woke: "yoooo this dude really loving sucks"
https://twitter.com/Zeus_TheAlpha/status/1483108403266584578

This interview absolutely tries to cast him in a more positive light and he still fucks it by being a lovely person.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

DrVenkman posted:

Brendon has also been out there defending Whedon so I'm not sure how true that actually is.

I think the writer of the piece is having Whedon hang himself, but the weird aside into how Zack Snyder is a fascist left a bad taste, particularly as it had nothing to do with the piece itself.
The article also write about there being a conspiracy against him involving Ray Fisher.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

If he admitted it in the context of his comedy special does that count or could he pull some bullshit “no the character of Louis CK that I play on stage only admitted to that, I have admitted to nothing” thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14WE3A0PwVs

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sponges posted:

British gangsters seem so quaint to me. Do they even have guns?

According to Gangs of London they have enough guns to form an army.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

I think no one should cast Johnny Depp in movies because he stopped giving a poo poo about giving good performances like a decade ago

Yeah, he has proven that he's not able to draw an audience without the help of a big franchise and every single big franchise he's associated with is basically dead at this point.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Disco Pope posted:

Depp's career will be fine, or at the very least, he'll find work, since he seems to have become the patron Saint of people with Harley Quinn and Joker tattoos.
The people with Harley Quinn and Joker tattoos is not the ones making movies. And Depp has burned every bridge to movie industry by being barely able to recite his lines and failing to draw an audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/cowboyacaster/status/1386980286211166215