Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

DC Murderverse posted:

If someone came to those tweets organically and thought “oh these are awful James Gunn sucks” and didn’t feel bad when he got booted from Guardians 3, all without learning the origins of the movement, why should their feelings change if they learn that Cernovich is behind it? That shouldn’t change how they feel about what was said, even if they can also understand that he’s an even shittier person.

I didn't know Cernovich was who stirred up his tweets until I read this thread either, and knowing so doesn't make me suddenly back Gunn. Being okay with someone who jokes about raping children (even after his apology for that blog post) no longer directing children's movies doesn't mean I'm supporting a rapist or "making sure Mike gets his way", and y'all are being really really toxic in saying so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
e: -

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 22, 2018

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Being okay with Disney firing him for those doesn't mean we're one with Nazi rapists. Like, can y'all please tone it down with that?

He mentioned in Buzzfeed's interview last year that he used to be toxic on twitter but stopped when he joined Disney. That's fine and good, but with the content and amount of his statements over so long of a time I'm absolutely okay with Disney making their choice when the actual tweets were brought to their attention.