Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like Shia simply because he cameos in this video in a great Citizen Kane reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

It shows a lot of self-awareness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Squinty posted:

Somehow Shia LeBeouf turned into a legit post-post-modernist performance artist. He works as a member of the trio https://labeoufronkkoturner.com/.

It's like the comeback from the pilot episode of Steven Universe:

"You're a joke..."
"At least people LIKE jokes!"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

And? That doesn't suddenly turn the US prison system into a hyper-competent Judge Dredd isocube complex. Epstein making it through his time in prison without a single issue would be more unusual.

Don't imply that the Isocubes would be anywhere near as bad as a real american prison. Dredd alone would take care of any corrupt guards and certainly would not take extrajudicial measures lightly.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have no idea who Fandral is. And I was hoping that Red Skull was covered under my CGI face man monster exemption.

But clearly he's a CGI Heel Man Monster?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

professor metis posted:

There's a lot of jokes out there about Leonardo DiCaprio, who has basically never dated a woman older than the age of 25. I definitely think the overvaluing of youthful women is part of the culture of Hollywood that deserves to be examined.

Not saying anything about that particular relationship just posted, but it does exist in a particular context.

I didn't realise he'd ever been over 25. I thought he was a cartoon character like Bugs Bunny or Elijiah Wood...

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Nah you guys are right, these star crossed lovers just found their soulful connection to one another, and there is no possibility that a dude like 50 years older than this woman could have possibly groomed or otherwise manipulated her into believing something that isn’t really true. She’s a CONSENTING ADULT which the only thing that matters in these situations. Historically older men in Hollywood have never brandished their power and authority to get what they want or to present their young beautiful girlfriends as trophies, and they certainly never use them as status symbols to cement their ongoing desirability. It’s just a totally normal and not at all perfect example of the misogynistic culture of Hollywood in which men can and should last forever, perpetually hooking up with the youngest and most attractive woman until their bones literally rot and they can only bang their young starlets via a robotic exo-skeleton (A Sexo-Skeleton, if you will).

Then of course she'll leave him for the sexoskeleton.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ll agree but also add that I personally really don’t see the difference between a 17 year old dating a 35 year old and a 25 year old dating a 55 year old and honestly view both as equally problematic and indicative of unhealthy imbalances at play, but that entirely comes from my own life experiences with my own friends and family.

I think the real difference is that the brain doesn't finish developing until the mid-20s. The 17 year old is close to the age of majority, but their brain chemistry will be still rewriting itself for a while after that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I kind of want Meghan and Harry to take a few years, completely reinvent themselves in Canada and come back on vacation one year with Meghan managing an Ikea branch and Harry doing tech support for an insurance company. And they are just generally doing really well emotionally.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Yeah, Crazy Ex Girlfriend is notable for having one of it's romantic leads being Filipino. It's uncommon to have a male asian as a romantic lead, especially since he was also a Jock.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

For actresses that left the spotlight intentionally, there was Mara Wilson from A Simple Wish and Matilda, who by her own admission, left acting because it wasn't fun anymore. It helped that her parents were against her acting so helped keep her grounded, and she tried to advise other young actresses to do the same, like apparently she tried to get Lindsey Lohan to be more self-aware.

Then she found a bunch of creepy poo poo on the internet, so took to it herself and started writing articles and guesting in videos (effectively taking control of her personal narrative away from people creeping on Matilda) and things alongside her current career writing stage plays.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I mostly agree, but I get why people focus on the story where Tom Cruise instantly grows a huge zit out of anger, because honestly, the idea of him having any sort of skin problems seems weird.

It's like the lamest version of the Incredible Hulk. "Don't make me angry.... casting agents don't like me when I'm angry..."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Skwirl posted:

No idea, but he's number five right now so barring a truly horrific accident he won't ever be king if he didn't.

Ah, so his true plan comes to light - he's moving to the US so that he can relive the plot of "King Ralph"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I like Jimi's response to being accused of being an attention seeker (indirect quote, bringing the subtext into text for humour)- "You think I want attention for being beaten up by *Drake Bell*? That's the lamest kind of attention, its' like being beaten by a wet sock"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The annoying thing about the whole franchise is that Grindelwald was a better villain as the guy that he was pretending to be - they should have just stuck with that guy and said Grindelwald was using a fake name or something. When he revealed as a much more generic looking evil guy that was much less interesting, as the disguise had everyone fooled and could have been a more realistic that "Hey, maybe someone can be a manipulative narcissist and he won't look obviously evil so people will trust him"