Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If we're going to talk bands what the gently caress kind of horrible poo poo has Motley Crew done?

Two of them flat out admitted to raping a girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the Mel-RDJ-Foster trio is a little weirder than that, and honestly hearing about it made me like Mel Gibson a decent bit more. which is to say, I mostly feel bad for him and don't outright want to hurt him anymore.

Mel's responsible for both RDJ and Foster still having careers, because he went to bat hard for Foster when the Ronald Reagan assassination attempt happened, and was pretty much singlehandedly responsible for RDJ drying out. regardless of him being a shitbag now, he did legit really good things for both of them, and it isn't really shocking or over-the-line that they feel like they owe him.

Good on him for the Foster thing at least. Sheís a fantastic actress and her getting her career derailed by some lunatic would be grossly unfair.

On another note I wish Hinckelys aim was better.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Len posted:

Well so far we've exhausted that well since there's only the handful of tweets with nothing specific at all.

Anyone else get nailed recently?

The man who wrote and directed Masters of the Universe got hit.

Iíll never be able to watch that wonderful film again 🙁

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Timby posted:

He was like 15 years older than his second wife (who was a producer on The Next Generation), he was notorious for sleeping with almost all of the female guest stars, and when Piller took over the show, Stewart--who was considering leaving when his contract was up at the end of the third season--said he wanted the captain to do "more shooting and loving."

Dude was a legendary horndog on that set.

Iíve always had this mental image of Stewart as a classy guy and now thatís gone

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Take a role in a Woody Allen movie and then apologize for it on Twitter. Itís so simple

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

The apologies ring hollow. They know who he is.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

bad day posted:

He molested and married his stepdaughter like ages ago, why are people even talking about Woody Allen. I canít stand his movies, theyíre not funny, I have no idea why anyone likes them.

True. Itís not hard avoiding his movies cuz theyíre garbo

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

Lexi Alexander is cool.

Her movies are terrible

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Maybe he likes to get puked on

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Well, whatís he do?

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

That sucks but at least he didnít ram his fingers down your throat

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

The writer of the article actually emailed Banfield and uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjRYbR_-Dhw

lol

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

I just love that she read that poo poo on the air

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Ansari is ruined

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I feel that famous sex creep James Franco's PR story would have maybe been more convincing if he wasn't dumb enough to be seen having lunch in public when he's meant to be at home distraught.

But then, he is a pretty bad actor.

He played a convincing dumb stoner in Pineapple Express

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Why wouldnít they just fake the spit? What the gently caress is wrong with QT?

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Tars Tarkas posted:

You don't want to make the Internet Movie Spit Database angry with fake spit

there is just no way I could spit on someone like that.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What if they were wearing a MAGA hat

Yeah. Spit on those people.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

There was definitely some recklessness with a guitar on Kurt Russell's part recently...

What a gently caress up that was haha

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

I still enjoy his films

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Just donít watch any Polanski film made after 1977

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Judakel posted:

Chinatown is so good.

As is Repulsion and Rosemarys Baby

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

I followed Devin on twitter for awhile and heís just the most combative rear end in a top hat. Anytime someone even hinted and criticizing him heíd respond in the most scathing way imaginable.

This pathetic attempt at redemption isnít going to do much imo.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The guillotine has many uses.

Indeed it does but what does this have to do school uniforms?

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Robin Williams was cremated

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Music is Ďlow artí imo

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

I know this is a thread that tries to avoid speculation and sticks to things that are actually happening, but could we discuss people that it's surprising nothing has come out about? If not, that's cool. It's more than a little gossipy.

No. Last time this happened someone was suggesting Spielberg was a pedophile because of Hook or whatever. Itís unfair gossip.

Edit: unless youíre talking about Larry Clark. The most obvious pedo still allowed work

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

K. Waste posted:

In the original script of Leon there was literally a sex scene between Mathilda and Leon.

what the gently caress

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The silence also didnít do him any favors with only playing up the suspicion that he was one of the people she mentioned in her statement that was helping Hardwick actively blacklist her.

I sincerely doubt Wheaton has that kind of pull.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Does Polanski even get any money from someone watching Chinatown any more?

I sincerely doubt watching Chinatown on Netflix will benefit him in any way.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

That Silverman ck drop is clever, it'll prolly work

Youíre probably right. Just muddy the waters a little and people will think itís a wash.

God drat you Silverman

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Itís almost certainly a calculated move on CK and Silvermans part.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

She was asked about it on a radio show, it ain't a press release. And she explicitly says it doesn't absolve him of anything. Why's it gotta be some grand conspiracy?

What childlike naÔvetť

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Because I liked Silverman, but if sheís going to make a transparent attempt to redeem a sex pest like Louis CK than she can pound sand.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

I remember the story of the Weinsteins spreading stories that SPR was really inaccurate in order to get Shakespeare in love to win.

What a loving hose job that was. SPR deserves that.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

actually the thin red line did

Ugh. The main charecters near endless pontification about [whatever] was unbearable.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

I honestly had no idea who Bill Bure was until I heard him on Conanís podcast. What an rear end in a top hat. I think less of Conan OíBrien for having him on

I love Conan and his podcast but yeah. That poo poo sucked

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

Yikes.

I atleaat take heart in that Louis CK will never again reach the heights he did before he got outed. Heís forever tainted.

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

The alt-right would embrace him with open arms but heíd lose credibility and clout within the stand up community. Heíd be a pariah and would probably be relegated to small towns in Georgia or wherever.

Heís probably hosed no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 14, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

he's gonna go on Bill Maher in like, 6 months to have a discussion about PC culture then do the Joe Rogan "Just Asking Questions" Podcast and from there rebrand as the "funny" member of the "Intellectual Dark Web" then he'll write a book and like, Jordan Peterson will write the foreword.

there's absolutely an audience for this garbage and it doesn't require going full alt-right nazi garbo man. He's already lost plenty of clout among the stand-up community for getting caught masturbating in front of female comics who didn't want any part of that poo poo, and there are plenty of comedians who won't condemn someone if they're just calling out "PC Culture". there's a clip of him doing this bit (with another little tag complaining about teens going in front of congress and testifying which is also gross and sad and clearly pandering to a certain sub-set of human) and the thing to note is that there are plenty of people laughing, and not just polite "oh god i should laugh so people don't think i'm lame" laughter but raucous "yeah young people are all loving terrible and i hate them" laughter. He's always had a very "gently caress young people" edge to his comedy but now there's even more vitriol behind it because he sees the reaction to what he did (and him losing his job and loving up his career) as an extension of young people being too "blehhhh" or whatever stupid loving soundbite he used.

This is a very pessimistic and deafist of view.

Personally I think heís permanently tarnished his reputation and as a lot of his material was left wing heís going to have to a complete 180.

sponges fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 31, 2018