Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

This is the worst conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Midjack posted:

Don't the women have to be some level of "famous" to join the service too?

I think so.

The whole thing is elitist as poo poo and I hate it

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Yeah, she might wanna just hang it up on social media. Her shtick on Twitter is it to be quirky and silly but it’s gonna be hard to do that now. You told a teenager to kill herself Chrissy. You’re done.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I feel like if I were a young attractive woman I wouldn’t mind “doing the deed” with Leonardo DiCaprio.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

If you ever want an idea of what the Pussy Possee was actually like watch Dons Plum. One of the most obnoxious movies ever made and I think it was mostly improvised.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Tarintino doesn’t come across as a particularly nice person. He mentioned recently that he doesn’t help out his mom financially because she told him not to be a filmmaker when he was a kid.

Like sure, you don’t want to poo poo on a kids dream but that’s solid advice as most people don’t make it.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I’ve mentioned this before but stand up comedians are the absolute worst at taking criticism. I listen to their podcasts and the amount of time they spend complaining about cancel culture is just insane. They won’t shut up about it. It’s become a cliche.

I don’t know if they’re trying to appeal to chuds or if they’re too loving dumb to realize what they’re doing.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Phylodox posted:

I’d broaden that to the whole entertainment industry.

Maybe, but a comedians job is to be funny and there’s nothing less funny than someone who takes themselves too seriously.

Joe Rogan has unironically said stand ups are modern day philosophers

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Stand up is disposable, ages poorly and is quickly forgotten. Low art.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Watching old movies and taking notes of things that wouldn’t fly today is a hobby of mine.

My favorite is the old “slapping the hysterical woman”

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

CPL593H posted:

That thing about Jimmy Fallon most likely facilitating the grooming and sexual exploitation of minors by Horatio Sanz sure disappeared fast. Between poo poo like that and the fact that Fallon has such status in television without even a hint of talent I've always wondered if he has something on someone big.

Fallon does a killer Neil Young impression

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Seriously, it's insane that England is still a monarchy

It’s bizarre. A relic from medieval times that’s been almost interrupted for a thousand years. Is it a celebrity thing? Tradition? Last I checked public opinion in the UK was very pro-monarchy.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

British gangsters seem so quaint to me. Do they even have guns?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Campaigning on being “slightly less lovely than the alternative” is why the democrats loving suck. Franken deserved to go.

As for Gunn being the least terrible major Hollywood person, that just seems like something you decided based on no particular evidence. Is Gunn less terrible than, say, David Fincher? Well, I don’t remember anything ever coming out about Fincher and he didn’t go through a public “pedophilia and rape are funny phase” in his 40s so I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he’s less terrible than Gunn.

Fincher is a known for being grumpy and short with people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

He and I have that in common

Go to hell