Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Bill Cosby says Howard University "must support" Phylicia Rashad's "Freedom of Speech" in new statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Abel Ferrara pursuing Shia LeBouf for comeback role as Italian saint Padre Pio

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Right after the discussion about Paul Schrader's Facebook comes news that he's going on a Facebook hiatus after a post joking about allegations against Andrew Cuomo.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Bob Dylan accused of sexually assaulting 12-year-old girl in 1965.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Jamie Spears, Britney Spears's father ousted from conservatorship.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1448707310432440322

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

MeinPanzer posted:

It's not just that, though. It's a song he wrote about his black partner that playfully discusses a master raping his young slave. Like even for 1971 that's bad.

I can remember "Brown Sugar" being used in a soda ad in the nineties(?) which is a whole new level of :wtc: in retrospect. (But is typical of ads where they use a song whether the full lyrics actually work with what's being sold or not :v:)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Appeals Court says Harvey Weinstein may have faced "overkill" in New York trial

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Chris Noth accused of sexual assault by two women. Triggered by the recent 'Sex and the City' reboot, the women allege two incidents of misconduct they say took place more than a decade apart.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

In this first-person account, Blake Stuerman, 30, details his experiences over his four years with the filmmaker Bryan Singer... Stuerman met Singer in 2009 in New York City when he was 18 years old, and entered into a sexual relationship with him shortly after; Singer was 43. Their time together ended after Stuerman was fired as Singer’s assistant in June 2013 on the film “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” which opened the following year. Stuerman believes his relationship with Singer was abusive and traumatic. He says he was further traumatized by witnessing an incident in 2012 in which Singer allegedly assaulted someone.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

James Franco addresses sexual misconduct allegations for the first time

quote:

James Franco has addressed the sexual misconduct allegations against him for the first time, a few months after he settled a lawsuit for $2.2 million that alleged that he and his associates coerced acting students into performing sexually explicit scenes on camera.

The actor broke his silence on SiriusXM’s “The Jess Cagle” podcast, where he discussed the allegations and his history with addiction.

“In 2018, there were some complaints about me and an article about me. And at that moment I just thought, ‘I’m gonna be quiet. I’m gonna pause.’ [It] did not seem like the right time to say anything. There were people that were upset with me and I needed to listen,” Franco said.

In January 2018, five women accused Franco of inappropriate and sexually exploitative behavior while four of them were students at his acting school Studio 4, which was soon closed. Two of the students filed a lawsuit in 2019 alleging that classes existed mainly to create a way for Franco and his associates to take advantage of young women. In June 2021, Franco paid $2,235,000 as a settlement, with $894,000 going to the named plaintiffs and $1,341,000 going into a common fund for the rest of the members of the lawsuit.

Franco said that he’s been working on himself in the wake of the allegations, and he underwent treatment for substance abuse that helped his addiction issues.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Shane Carruth, director of Primer and Upstream Color, arrested on domestic violence charges.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Jerry Lewis’s costars speak out: “He grabbed me. He began to fondle me. I was dumbstruck”

quote:

The movie was being filmed in a mammoth Beverly Hills mansion, which was large enough to look like a hospital (no matter the chandeliers). (Karen) Sharpe reported to Lewis’s office and, with a wardrobe mistress standing nearby, began modeling her costumes while Lewis requested various nips and tucks. When Sharpe was down to her final costume, Lewis picked up a walkie-talkie and excused the guards outside his office.

Then Lewis “started moving in on me,” recalls Sharpe. “He grabbed me. He began to fondle me. He unzipped his pants. Quite frankly, I was dumbstruck.”

Sharpe protested. “I put my hand up and said, ‘Wait a minute. I don’t know if this is a requirement for your leading ladies, but this is something I don’t do,’ ” she says. “I could see that he was furious. I got the feeling that that never really happened to him.”

She tried to politely dismiss the assault without insulting the star. She even offered to quit, concerned it would be awkward to film scenes as romantic partners. But the contract had been signed, Lewis said. The costumes were made. And she was due back for filming in three days.

When Sharpe returned to Greystone Mansion on her start date, a crew member was waiting with a message: According to Sharpe, the entire production, save for the director and assistant director, had been told they could not speak to Sharpe. “If anyone speaks to you…we’ll be fined,” the crew member explained apologetically. “I wanted to let you know…. But I can’t even speak to you.”

The punishment went further: Before her first scene, Sharpe learned that Lewis would not rehearse with her. She could work with Lewis’s stand-in, but when the lead arrived, he refused to interact with or acknowledge Sharpe unless the camera was rolling. “That happened through the whole film,” she says. “He never worked with me. He never spoke to me. The first take of what we did together was what went on film. And that was what everyone was going to see.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Marilyn Manson sues Evan Rachel Wood over rape allegations in HBO documentary.

quote:

Marilyn Manson has sued ex-fiancee Evan Rachel Wood over her documentary claiming the musician has sexually assaulted several women, alleging she manufactured a conspiracy to portray him as a serial abuser to further her career.

The suit claims Wood and her partner Ashley Gore convinced his accusers to lie about allegations that they were sexually assaulted. Manson also alleges that the pair impersonated a federal agent by forging a letter claiming that his accusers were in danger, created fake email accounts pretending to be him and hacked his computer as part of their scheme. “The timing and overlapping substance of the public accusations against Warner was no coincidence, but rather the product of a wrongful conspiracy by Wood and Gore to organize, coordinate, and promulgate false allegations about Warner,” reads the complaint filed on Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. Wood’s attorney and agency did not immediately respond to a request for comment.