Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I always knew the Amanda Bynes but Dan Schneider’s tenure actually perfectly aligns with what I had always perceived as Nickelodeon’s “decade of sexy teens” and now that I have this info I’m gonna.. continue to not watch shows for pedophiles that hypersexualize children.

The JLSpears this is insane and also kind of lines of with Britney melting down so maybe becoming so famous that you accidentally got your sister raped by her producer is what actually drove her completely insane.

Jesus Hollywood is a wet dumpster fire

I don't doubt it was a contributing factor in prolonging her mental break, but spears had her mental break in jan/Feb of 07, according to Wikipedia, ie the time when she shaved her hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Frankly, David Bowie picked a real convenient time to die.

I don't think he was ever apologetic either, his Broadway play 'lazarus' he was helping direct before he died features a 14yo girl dancer as a lead playing the 'muse'. It's featured in the hbo doc, the last five years.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah, fair enough. I remember that really weird derail.

Larry Clark, if he is innocent, seems to be perpetually cosplaying as a guilty version of himself.

I could believe lucas is one, just based on the character back story for indiana Jones that had him having sex with an 11-13 yo marian.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

Surely she knows tho that people will assume it was a person who assaulted her? Does a pit bull attack really need including in the MeToo discussion, which is where she's placed it by being obtuse?

If the dog humped her leg without consent, it does.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Who's the woman that Chloe mentioned?

Someone else who is familiar with the people and situation mentioned it was someone named Michelle Morrow. No clue who that is, don't know if it's 100 percent accurate.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pretty sure it would be trivial to rip Spacey's skin from Call of Duty for Gary's Mod shenanigans.

People were on that 3 years ago.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=412495412

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Has he got any big movies coming out? I'm not sure what his last project would've been - did he direct the last X-Men?

Directed that queen biopic..well started, then walked off and disappeared, someone else finished it, but will still gets full directors credit because who knows why.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

Whatever happened with the thing between Bjork and Lars Von Trier?

Can you elaborate? I've only heard her say the experience of acting that part was emotionally traumatizing, did he do anything to her physically?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

what is you doing

https://twitter.com/jowilliams293/status/1143412957361127425

i mean did I enjoy Usual Suspects yeah

What did Caravaggio and Noel Coward do? Were they sex perverts as well?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Please post vetted news in the thread or at least a first-hand account of something, not this weird disinformational poo poo from comedy twitter.

Here are the links to the pages though..they are still up:
https://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/news/local/guy-leaves-police-force-after-years/Tga4awzeqGkMzRhwHHpkAJ/

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/article/20180601/NEWS/306019998

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

B-Rock452 posted:

Yeah I read some reviews from like 2004 and it had a long part about how he got up and his bad knees locked and he fell and couldn't get back up because he was too fat

I want to a few events he was at over a decade ago, he had this stench about him that you could smell rows away. It was awful, i feel bad for anyone he pestered.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Adam Savage has been accused of raping his own sister and everything is awful.

As I understand it, it was when she was 7 and he was 9.. Are we going to hold him to things he did when he was 9 and probably didn't even fully understand what was going on?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Sodomy Hussein posted:

There's a lot of weird poo poo in Firefly surrounding women, setting aside everything else that's weird. There are Magical Hookers (to go with an actual Magical Negro). There's a manic pixie dream girl. Generally a bunch of stuff that is today rightfully considered far more cringey in the mainstream, all the way up to neoconfederacy and the Evil One World Government being Chinese.

When you analyze Whedon's work in totality you see a lot of lazy formula and disturbing themes.

Everyone forgets when one of the main baddies uses rape as a threat in one of the episodes. He (character named Jubal Early) 'implied he would rape Kaylee Frye if she did not do as he told her, and used the same threat of raping Kaylee when he dealt with Simon Tam.'
That always stuck to me as wtf

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Gasp, you mean the least known member of DiCaprio's Pussy Posse is a sexual predator? I am shocked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

In a weirdly fitting thing I can't find a good writeup because it mostly broke through communities and Twitter, and since I was more of an occasional watcher too I'm not too sure. I just saw the fallout in the Youtuber thread here when it happened.

This was the best quick summary I could find without diving into a few Reddit threads. It's hard because it emerged from a 4Chan/8Chan thing.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/10/adam-kovic-ryan-haywood-rooster-teeth-scandal/

Adam Kovic from Funhaus and Ryan Haywood from Roosterteeth had a bunch of nudes and files get leaked, which apparently feed into or verified some general rumor that Haywood was creeping on underaged fans. There were a few accusations, I think, although the main one said he thought she was 18. Either way not good to creep on fans and he got dumped pretty quickly. This has been a recurring problem with YouTubers so people are pretty ready to tell stars doing this to go away.

Kovic's was a lot fuzzier from what I remember. I'm not sure how much they wanted to dig either. Apparently his nude leaks included some bad pictures, like one of him jacking off on a coworker's keyboard, taking nudes and having sex at the office and seemingly taking pictures or a video of his partner without her knowledge. Plus once the knives were out a lot of stuff seemed to leak that he was genuinely a lovely, toxic person just in general.

There were waaay more than just a few..there were dozens, with proof in the form of screengrabs. He also had a really gross fascination with 'helping' young teenagers lose their virginity with him.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Achievement_Hunter/comments/j761ok/if_youre_out_of_the_loop_click_here/