Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Timeless Appeal posted:

This thread about people being raped, sexually assaulted, and harassed has been cooped by people angry that a millionaire can't make a sub-par superhero movie because of lovely tweets he made.

Why I haven't posted in here about all that and should be about all that need be said to return things to their respective alleys.

edit lol you didn't need to have a pop about the quality of his marvel movies but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It was 9 years ago back when we were all just signing things willy-nilly. Natalie Portman did too.

Also just because Bourdain was her boyfriend doesn't mean he was helping her negotiate this? I mean they were both mature adults with businesses and careers and lawyers and whatnot.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Let's not go down this road.

Totally agreed.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It really does seem like oppo meant to muddle a bunch of stuff together and go "see! you can't trust these so called victims!"

jesus. not at all ideal

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just posting this with regards some of the last few posts.

Where I am, the uk, 30 somethings or hell 60 somethings can have sex with 17 year olds legally. Or 16 year olds. And I don't consider the UK to be a weird backward medieval place where sex with minors is a huge problem compared to the US.

By the way when I googled that (uk age of consent) to make sure I was still current, google gave me a picture of jimmy saville as the attached image! wtf!

Thing is, 30 or 60 somethings meeting kids, which is what 16 and 17 year olds are doesn't happen too much without there being other people, family, about to put the kibosh on that. Where it does, schools, or any situation where its a work environment where the balance of power is inappropriate then there are position of trust offences that cover that. I would say a 36 year old actress sleeping with a 17 year old kid she has worked with since the age of 12 or less even would be considered the same as a teacher in the uk. And go to prison.

Its happened to teachers of both genders here.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

No to the first one, they weren't forced to stop they just did it a bit differently. Also no to the second one, there are not pedophile rings everywhere, only in the highest reaches of government.

btw I do consider the uk to be a weird backward medieval hellhole but not for these particular reasons.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 25, 2018

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sure. And also that rose macgowen can be a dickhead hypocrite, and whatever others can be all natures of whatever horrible criminals and still have been victims deserving of justice and also notice.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I have no idea,probably, but I didn't mean to make the thread about the UK as such I was more suggesting the problem(for me) with asia argento wasn't the kids actual age (given the UK's age of consent) but more the abuse of trust of which she absolutely seems to be guilty.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think there should be a small window where public displays of affection (PDAs) are allowed and outside of that its basically a hate crime. I would say the third to sixth months of your 27th year so long as your partner was within 18 months of you in age. Otherwise no.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

Dane Cook's teenage yet adult girlfriend is legitimately less creepy than like the last six posts.

Very clearly a pervert here.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Where does it happen?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Do actors in these kind of roles get paid differently if their scene is used or shortened or cut or whatever?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

In some jobs I've had I can be fairly certain that my coworkers have no significant criminal history because of the checks I had to have done to work there, but in most jobs I don't think there is any particular guarantee or right to know the history of your co-workers? I have never explicitly asked or been told if coworkers have had criminal records, not sure thats any of my business really.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

If the girl working the next aisle in walmart finds out hes a sex offender, should walmart fire him? I'd say she likely at more risk that Olivia Munn from the guy?

Not that I care about him getting fired as such, if we're saying go and work in walmart we're saying the coworkers there deserve less protection (consideration?) than a hollywood person? Because they have poo poo jobs anyway?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

But now it's been cut. The creep won't be freaked out. I hope it will be still possible to work out that Olivia Munn is a scientist. White coat?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I... was confused by this. Like people said how and why did Munn become the person dealing with this... felt odd.

But being made to feel like she can't attend work, is being shunned and shouldn't come... even if it is only press stuff. That's part of the work, and maybe where these actors in blockbusters get to put themselves back in the shop window so... Thats very bad. She shouldn't be made to feel bad, certainly not suffer professionally and if she is, the movie company and black need to take a long hard look at themselves.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Fart City posted:

earned the right to be mad as gently caress.

Not having a go, but thats a bit off I think. You don't earn that right.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I dunno, I think its pretty funny that he lost 35million dollars.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah everything's probably fine, no need to worry.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/LouisCK/status/1085069146377850881

laboured

edit. oh apparently it isn't real. Which is good, cos most of the other tweets are ripped off from somewhere else.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 15, 2019

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I was being snarky. I just said “ok”. I’ve hard arguments with LL before so I was being a dick. But this isn’t the place for it.

Honestly I’ll just cop out. I have complicated feelings on this specific issue. But I know that’s not a good position to take. I don’t treat it in a general sense, but I feel certain ways about certain cases.

What a pathetic non answer. yuck.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sucrose posted:

Can’t we just accept entertainers as just...........entertainers? They are generally stupid about things not in their area of expertise. They have bad takes. It just further backs up my opinion that absolutely nobody should be looking to these people for moral guidance.

I don't look to my plumber, my dentist or my trash collector for moral guidance either and i still think and say they're twatbags when they do dumb stuff. Its not my fault when a celebrity has a lovely opinion everyone winds up knowing about it, twitter travels a little further than a back yard conversation or whatever.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

pentyne posted:

When people are describing workplace behavior they found problematic, what do you need to go "well I think it would be funny and dumb, I wouldn't report it"

They didnt say that at all. repeatedly, they didn't say that. fight actual battles.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I think there might also be an aspect to consider of hollywood acting types often being incredible extroverts, doing extreme and unconventional things and being celebrated for it and that shaping their decision making processes . Not excusing anything, just thinking out loud, maybe its bollocks.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

oh dear he's really put his foot in it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

why do they even still sell balaclavas?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol I've been probed for way less committed bits. and lol in this thread. Respect but lol good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

Billy Elliot doesn't come out of it smelling of roses either, but at least he didn't threaten to gently caress an eight year-old boy.

Nothing in that story makes Jamie Bell seem bad at all.