Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Who was it that said the first popular person to get accused starts putting doubt on everything? Because that's pretty on spot right now in the thread

I don't like Takei that much. I liked Louis CK a lot and enjoyed almost all of Spacey's work, but I merely respected Takei a bit and thought he was a living email FW:FW:FW: joke. But I had the same thoughts that article brought up, and that was even before the :tinfoil: Russian spam bot stuff. It's the most he-said he-said situation out there, especially since it's one allegation from over thirty-five years ago. I'm not saying either one is or isn't lying, I'd never discount an alleged victim's story right off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This one's got photo evidence:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

No, every higher-up at NBC had the button and it was in case of an active shooter or something similar; Lauer was just misusing his. So Dennis.

I like this better than the other two stories I read about the button: that it was for higher-ups to close the door for normal non-sexual-harassment conversations; or the implication that he had it installed and his office located in a secluded area specifically to trap women.