Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The thing I never understood about John Hinkley and Jodie Foster... Why wasn't she impressed? If someone did that for me I'd be super impressed.

Like RDJ and his father Jodie Foster will shut down the conversation there and then if this comes up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I played Tomb Raider 2013 to completion, and I can't recall anything except for that hilarious bit where Lara's nerd crewmember goes off on his own in enemy-territory to impress Lara, gets himself fatally injured, and when she finds him he hands her what was worth dying over: a wrench.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 15, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Simpson would have gotten a pass on Apu if it the plug had been pulled 20 years when the Good episodes outweighed the Bad, and the show would have grown fonder in the public's memory instead of growing older and outdated.

The Deadpool movies have Deadpool's wacky sidekick Dopinder and it helps that he's actually played by an Indian guy and he's no less unhinged than anyone else in the cast. He'll probably replace Weasel entirely in Deadpool 3.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 24, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I always assumed Dane Cook never aged given that he is time-capsule of the year 2006.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

And The Nice Guys was such a good movie...

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Wreck It Ralph 2 is going to be awkward.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I thought France was the country sex-offending creators go TO, not the other way round.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Nobody gave a poo poo about Jennefer Grey after the nosejob so Truth.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Emma Watson is the one who tried to act entirely though her eyebrows in Beauty and the Beast and failed. It's been two years and I still hate that movie for what it represents: taking a classic and giving it a banal makeover.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

R Kelly got awfully descriptive with the list of crimes he's accused of.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Amber Heard made bank as Ariel the Little mermaid last year, while I struggle to recall Johnny Depp's last hit. Pirates 5 evidently was soft enough that they're going to reboot the thing without him. Grindlewald probably would have sucked without his output anyway.

Tom Cruise may be vain but Depp is going to age terribly as his hedonism catches up with him.

Edit: forgot the "anyway"

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 19, 2019

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I totally bag the future headline on Johnny Depp's debt, "Johnny Broke ."

Jeremy Renner is nobody's favorite avenger, on account of his square-head, but the dude doesn't need to act to live in luxury since he flips houses on the side. Imagine how rich the athlete who majors in accounting is right now.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It's amazing that there was a Kevin Smith movie where Depp was the biggest name in the cast, only to be named as the worst part of the movie

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Kim Basinger's lame performance in LA Confidential is no longer the worst part of that great movie.

Apart from Spacey who else is visibly losing roles or getting the "Stoltz McFly" treatment?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Gladly.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Great, now I can't enjoy Innerspace like I could earlier.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

He's a producer for the latest A Star is Born in name only. For some legal reason he must be credited with any version made from the 1976 version onwards.

Similarly you can't make an MIB movie without the producer attached who is credited with ruining the latest film.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I always like the Bartimeus Trilogy better. It takes the question "What if there were wizards in modern society?" and answers it with "They'd be upper-class shitheads who walk over the working class."

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How a Right-Wing Movie Studio Enabled the ‘Harvey Weinstein’ of Indie Film

Cinestate producer Adam Donaghey (“A Ghost Story”) was arrested for raping a minor. But audio of him sexually harassing a crewmember has been making the rounds for years.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-right-wing-movie-studio-enabled-the-harvey-weinstein-of-indie-film

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Now Baby Driver is twice as uncomfortable to watch.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Crohns Disease must really make him a catch, whenever he's not ducking to the nearest restroom.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The fact you can be married to Dita von Teese and still cheat speaks volumes to the ineptitude of your character.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 19, 2020

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Bartimaeus series was better anyway.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I only tolerate Rowling's work continuing to be made so long as it gets ragged on by commentators like Jenny Nicholson.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

As a handsome but forgettable actor would he have ever hitten the big leagues if he was better at hiding his crime?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I'm guessing a Christopher Plummer-level digital-replacement is off the table.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Did that same episode of SVU have a animal smuggled inside a basketball?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Zogo posted:

Broadway Producer Scott Rudin’s Act of Contrition Should Get a Tony: He’s Saving His Mega “Music Man” Production
https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/04/...-man-production

I couldn't help but read that as "Mega Man Musical."

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1387842048364056585?s=20

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Someone commented on reddit that the only the male companions from the RTD era not to be accused of sexual misconduct are the Grandpa and the Robot Dog, and I'm not so sure about the latter.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The voice of the dog is allegedly a huge creep at conventions.

Holy poo poo I was joking, I didn't think it'd be real. That just leaves the Grampa.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The first time around they only technically cancelled the Duggar show, and then made an after-show six months later where the only differences were the name (Counting On) and the unpersoning of a certain family-member.

I'd be hard-pressed to think a second scandal would sink the brand of the family where half the members have regrettable names like "Jinger".

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Does Butch Hartman get a seat?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Redundant at this point, but Gal Gadot confirmed Joss Whedon threatened to make her career miserable if she acted in any way he didn't like.

https://film.avclub.com/gal-gadot-says-joss-whedon-threatened-her-career-while-1846860882

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is there a link to that post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Skwirl posted:

Which post? The Seth Rogan one? It's on this page just ctrl f "seth"

No, the Vatican Stoner comedy pitch made on SA.