Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

I hope someone heckles Louis CK by hitting him in the neck with a baseball bat

Let's minimize this type of language, please. Louis CK is a piece of poo poo, but I don't want to hand out probations for people joking about assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:siren::siren::siren:

Hey friends.

This circular Epstein chat has kinda moved beyond the major intent of this thread, which is around Hollywood and the film industry's issues with misconduct specifically.

Please move that conversation to this CSPAM thread or this D&D thread

Please refrain from continuing the Epstein chat in here.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 13, 2019

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Let's keep the poo poo posts and ageism out of this thread. Stay on topic. Thanks.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hello friends. I think this conversation has circled around enough times and doesn't seem to be making moves towards anything in particular. Let's drop it and talk about the thread's actual topic.

This is a polite way of telling you to stop discussing Dennis Quaid's dating life and whether or not his 26 year old significant other has any agency.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok then can we change the thread to something like “Sexual Assault Accusations in Hollywood” so that people don’t make these mistakes anymore? This felt extremely relevant to some of us and we made our positions about it clear and felt like the current title supported that, but if the thread should only be about actual assaults then let’s not pretend it’s a place for discussing other things.

It's not a mistake. It is relevant. But the last few pages are just circling around the same talking points, plus some slapfights, people assuming gender, people making a lot of assumptions on strangers who are in a relationship with age disparity, there's a weird through-line of people that think someone in their mid-twenties doesn't have agency, etc.

It's all pretty ugly and there's a lot of toxicity being thrown around. So instead of throwing out a bunch of sixers, which I can still do, I'm giving everyone a chance to drop it and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alright friends, let's move past heights and dating preferences. This is about Sexual Assault in the culture of Hollywood, not the types of people we like to gently caress, you goddamned weirdos.