Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Seem to remember that while awaiting trial he was on some kind of house arrest? And his wife stayed with him while the kids (who couldnt be in the same place) stayed with relatives. Really says alot of how women are conditioned to stay blindly loyal to their husbands. Or like somebody else said, property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Josh yeah, their most recent daughter born last month was christened "Madyson" which, uh, yeah.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

B-Rock452 posted:

This is from a human sexuality class I took years ago but I was told Spanish fly was a substance from a beetle that caused blistering if rubbed on the skin so it was ingested with the belief that it would cause irritation in the genitals so blood would rush there and turn the person on.

The bit itself has Cosby talking about giving some to (this is purely from memory so I might have the name wrong) a woman called crazy Mary and then he makes exaggerated intoxication noises to describe how she acted.

Yeah irl it was not the "intoxicating" sort of chemical. Was widely used for other pharmaceutical uses for its irritating and blister-causing properties. against varies aches, inflammations. there as a belief that blisters helped bring inflammation to the surface, and the increased bloodflow to skin helped with inflammation and muscle aches. And ofc the sexual applications.

Sadly in my country it is one of the most threatened insect species, known only in a few locales despite directed conservation efforts. But was common a century ago. Its decline has litte to do with harvesting, biggest factor is the change of the agricultural landscape. It thrives in landscapes with a more diverse mosaic of dry meadows, sand, bush hedges etc that has since become rarer in the modern agricultural landscape. Has affected solitary wild bees of those environments too which affects the beetle as their larva are bee-parasites.

But Eastern and southern europe have more viable populations still.