Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fair but I just felt you left out a big gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m sure he’s right but he’s also a dick.

I have a weird love hate relationship with actors. They kinda creep me out sometimes while watching them work. I appreciate the dedication to the craft but holy hell are some of these people just so off.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Excellent news.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Loukakke

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I for one am shocked that the person who wrote Tromeo and Juliette has a warped sense of humor.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Making bad jokes isn’t illegal and I don’t get the point in digging up lovely jokes as a “SEE!!! SEE!!!” thing. It happened to Trevor Noah too and it’s like, alright? Are they still making those jokes? Is that where their work is at in 2018?

Also this has been brought up before and also, why again. Is it to kill his career? What’s the end game?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Many times yes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Disney hired him after watching Super. I don’t think they’re shocked he made some gross, dated jokes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Today sucks.

But at least I can jump ship from Marvel sooner than I expected. Cuz I don’t give a poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Martman posted:

When did James Gunn previously get a lot of backlash for the tweets? And when did he apologize for them?

Jimbot posted:

He didn't apologize for those tweets until they were brought up. The thing he apologized for years ago was for a blog where he made other crass, garbage jokes.

Sup dude

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/james-gunn-guardians-of-the-galaxy?utm_term=.ntndNWxmY#.sogxykLdQ

quote:

“I protect myself by writing scenes where people shoot people in the face,” Gunn said, chuckling. “And if I have to think around shooting someone in the face, it’s harder, but I think it’s more rewarding for me.” He cleared his throat. “I felt like Guardians forced me into a much deeper way of thinking about, you know, my relationship to people, I suppose. I was a very nasty guy on Twitter. It was a lot loving edgy, in-your-face, dirty stuff. I suddenly was working for Marvel and Disney, and that didn’t seem like something I could do anymore. I thought that that would be a hindrance on my life. But the truth was it was a big, huge opening for me. I realized, a lot of that stuff is a way that I push away people. When I was forced into being this” — he moved his hand over his chest — “I felt more fully myself.”

And what’s “this”?

“Sensitive, I guess?” he said. “Positive. I mean, I really do love people. And by not having jokes to make about whatever was that offensive topic of the week, that forced me into just being who I really was, which was a pretty positive person. It felt like a relief.”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He hasn’t had backlash for the tweets because they were buried by other stuff or deleted and not to mention that he wasn’t all that famous back then. Only is weirdos knew his work and who he was. He was, to the public a nobody until GOTG.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I signed it.

This post can come back to haunt me if Gunn murdered someone years ago but whatever. Even if he doesn't get it back, I just don't want there to be this horrible stigma that ends his film career. His films mean a lot to me, and one of them even sorta helped me work through some issues I was dealing with. So yey for that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i was actually going to sign that too...

Anyway, Dan Harmon looks to be the next target. He made a gross video that I can't find because it apparently was taken down in 2012, and he has a sex with a baby doll? I don't know if he had a point or just wanted to be edgy. But it, like the Gunn tweets, was just a nasty gross joke. That being said, some right wingers found it and are now using that as proof that's a pedophile, they made a video of it and only seemed to use the grossest clips, and there doesn't seem to be any other way to watch it, so that video is all you have.

Since he deleted it. It was scrubbed. Gone.

So here we go folks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

None of these people are normal. They're all weird outcast artists who talk to other weird outcast artists who come up with dark dumb poo poo to make each other laugh. Sometimes you get like...house of cosby's, and sometimes you get Daryl.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pigbuster posted:

At least we can rest easy in the certainty that there's no dark history to the apple-cheeked choirboy that is Justin Roiland.

He doesn't go after Trump so he's in the clear!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He apologized and owned up to it, and his accuser accepted it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timeless Appeal posted:

What's your actual point here?

That he apologized and she accepted it. And that whatever happened between them years ago was dealt with in a public forum and doesn't have anything to do with what occurred here.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just hot coffee.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

In the script that scene sets up Olivia Munn’s character as someone who is super intelligent and takes zero poo poo from anyone. The jogger is hitting on her, and she talks science and what she does, studying evolutionary change for animals and such. He replies “you mean like when a man meets a beautiful woman?”

Her face turns sour and she says “no like survival of the fittest” and then she burns the guy by pointing out Darwin’s theory includes agility, intelligence, ect, but “all you need these days is to be a straight white guy”

Then she talks about dropping a big CEO in the desert and see how long he lasts, and what color he’ll end up when an animal shits him out.

The guy gets nervous and fucks off.

That’s the whole scene. It’s sorta important setting up Munn’s character but not that important it couldn’t be cut.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think it’s meant to be a statement. Just a way to freak out a creep.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh my god, I forgot about that. Use Boll is a loving mad man

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She claimed she was assaulted by the child?

:thunk:

That’s a new one

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also re; the predator script, I think it was a first draft, and also remember that Fred Dekker also wrote it with Black.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'll add this here too, it's more relevant.

https://twitter.com/oliviamunn/status/1037587605422915584
https://twitter.com/oliviamunn/status/1037783177572413440
https://twitter.com/oliviamunn/status/1037806433520246784
https://twitter.com/oliviamunn/status/1037813506819518464
https://twitter.com/oliviamunn/status/1037832642274574341
https://twitter.com/oliviamunn/status/1037887605113729024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna say she owns and she was my favorite part of The Newsroom, a show I watched only once and found it okay.

Munn’s good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think what she did was good, but it does feel like the whole film was tossed under the bus . This will no doubt affect the film’s box office and it probably wasn’t going to do all that great. Reviews are coming out and it’s getting a lukewarm response, similar to Predators. And you have people are talking about not seeing it on principal, and hoping Shane doesn’t work again.

It’s a weird situation. I’m glad it was cut. But I can understand the cast feeling iffy about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...0908-story.html

Other reports show she doesn’t accept his online apology, and says she’s never gotten anything personal from Shane or the cast.

I think straight up everyone knew that this movie wasn’t going to be a mega hit, it wasn’t tracking too well early on, the teaser trailer was really bad, reshoots, script changes...and now this. The film is straight up tainted now and since this keeps getting bigger and bigger, it’s going to be its legacy.

I can imagine everyone is pretty bummed, if not pissed about this. It’s Shane’s fault, but now the whole ship is going down with everyone on it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I give a poo poo about it. :(

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just think most people don’t know about it. I never knew that until this thread. It makes sense but I never put two and two together.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m feeling like Fox wants the controversy to blow over so they’re going about like everything’s fine.

No way in hell is the movie getting a nom and they know it. Just pretend it is and everyone will forget about it.

Maybe.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Krankenstyle posted:

Maybe not since he started doing theaters but his material was always dirty so he definitely got dirty heckles, there's no question. Strangely there aren't any heckling clips to find on youtube that aren't rebranded versions from his own show or him telling stories on various talkshows?

Anyway, this old clip is him talking about how it made him feel to be heckled one time, and his reactions and feelings are very interesting I think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0JzmwZJ5eM&t=26s

I think the most interesting thing he said was "Chck chck na na, ba, chck nera."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He just doesn’t like how PC things are.

His podcast with H3H3 was pretty great due to how much contempt he had for H3. It’s cringe as hell and wonderful.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

For the record I’m not a Bill Burr fan, but I did like him in Breaking Bad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I watched a clip of Palpatine saying DO IT and I got a bunch of “why Last Jedi is the worst SJW taking over! Kill Rian Johnson!!!” Videos.

Want these dweebs to get hit.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s from Friday the 13th, I would laugh it got taken down

Nah it’s some stock music that I forgot the name of. It’s been used in cartoons and stuff for years. It popped up in one of the hellraiser movies once, which makes sense because those sequels are trash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell no my heroes are great

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dunno, but Sam Raimi is a saint.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Both great choices.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No he’s a bad mother fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sam and Bruce are high school friends so it’s not like he just started loving with some rando actor.