Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Crackbone posted:

WotC is still a messed up company, but that invoke predjudice poo poo happened 25 years ago. Their current art is super progressive in terms of representation. They cut ties with artists who’ve been overtly CHUD-like. So maybe let that complaint go?
They haven't removed his cards or even just provided alternate art for stuff where his art is the only one available on their digital platform. Also it's still literally all the same people who thought working with a guy who is an open neo-nazi was fine at the time running the show.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Like trying to drop it before for being off topic before but the specific example that keeps bothering me is Enduring Renewal a card that is mechanically unique and available for stuff on MTGO and still have no other arts than the one by the nazi. That's the only way you can get it to this day from WotC on their only digital format for playing older sets. His version of Sylvan Library is still in the game and pops up with regularity in legacy and vintage events. Like yeah good that they got rid of the KKK card and I'm sure their contracts screw over artists enough that he isn't seeing money from it, but his other poo poo is still in the game on the only platform where they can just change it with a patch.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

In the context of his other designs (which used White and Black in the exact ways you'd expect a Nazi to use them), a Black card depicting rock-throwing savages is... kind of charged.
Different guy. Only one of the cards removed by WotC was by the nazi, the KKK card. So far as i know Ken Meyer the guy who made stone throwing devils is not a nazi, just a guy who drew art for a poorly named card.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Well the Republicans opposed any accountability of rapists to begin with, and US media is generally aligned with at least one of the two ruling parties. So when the dems decided sexual assault wasn't actually bad to protect their boy large media groups weren't willing to cover anything.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Instances of the movement's hypocrisy or self-contradiction doesn't mean the movement was "killed". Nobody questions the movement is flawed, but it quite obviously has changed some lives and cancelled some predators, and it continues to do so.

And yes, powerful people find it easier to get away with misdeeds, no poo poo. Nobody disagrees that's a bad loving thing. Get out of here with this pedantic, strawman crap.
There isn't even hypocrisy or contradiction. It's just that a group in power briefly found it useful and then did their best to squash it. All the hypocritical people weren't victims but victimizers.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He has some strong racist opinions about mix raced people.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The only instance I can think of with full on mistaken identity was the one guy impersonating Mike Portnoy to have sex under false pretenses and steal from fans. Even then the mistake was due to the guy intentionally impersonating someone not just a mistake on the victim's end.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The horrific smear job inflicted on Tara Reade distracted from the deafening silence from every other quarter. It was a very mask-off moment and clear the marching orders had come down.

And right after they had a 'body language expert' say that Bernie Sanders was absolutely a sexual predator with no evidence.
Heck it's a masks off topic for the majority of D&D posters.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The only real problem with feet guys the ones who do the pretending it's not sexual and try to insert it into inappropriate situations. Though I assume most feet people understand social boundaries and just don't bring it up in inappropriate situations.

kaworu posted:

This is what I was trying to get at before. Does great art make these transgressions more excusable, somehow? Seems like it does. I mean, whether I agree with that or not, I feel some inherent cultural bias telling me that it's somehow OK or not as bad when truly brilliant/gifted people do this sort of thing as opposed to when some schlub does it.
I think the dividing line here is that the guy who is purposed forgiveness hasn't raped any children.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Shageletic posted:

Do you believe in quotes? Secondary information? Or does the only thing that matters in your headspace what you experience yourself? Like do I have to read the Elders of Zion to believe that it is in fact not a good thing.
or just basic pattern recognition. Chapelle was pretty dang sexist even when he was actually funny. So given that all his post revival stuff has been a slow slide in quality, it doesn't take a genius to predict he'll end up just being bigotry once all the funny evaporates.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Flying Zamboni posted:

Who's re-reg are you?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

DrVenkman posted:

Just a bit of insight into 'Baldwin is a producer! He's responsible too!'. That's possibly the case, but given that he's one of like eight I'm not sure how involved he would be in the day to day of things.

https://twitter.com/Timobros/status/1452271653329715208?t=g4PWqoZX3FSzTHst6wetsQ&s=19
He still kept working when other people walked off set due to safety concerns. That was fully within his power and might have actually caused the production to care.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Also don't normal prop guns have different chamber sizes from real guns to prevent this very thing from happening? Like he wasn't firing a prop gun he was firing a normal gun that was just pinky promise filled with blanks.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Just Chamber posted:

I feel like keeping the discussion rational and level headed when it comes to topics/ a topic as serious as this is important. Plus it largely went off topic anyway. But yea not a fan of people tarring a whole country ( one I live in) with a disgusting brush when the sad reality is perhaps their country doesn't seem as bad because their country isn't actually investigating this stuff and haven't had anybody uncovering whatever repugnant poo poo went on with their people in power. The sad thing is it just feels like people smugly looking across at England, Hollywood etc and going "heh at least my country isn't as bad/ doesn't have a bunch of abusers" when actually it goes on everywhere and that's loving depressing.

Also I barely like the country I live in so I don't really see it as defending Britain, more just trying to keep things a bit more in check with reality.
Dog_Meat's country is England, they mention it in the posts above. That's even the reason for the weird particulars. Doesn't make them right but it ain't someone trying to pretend their own country is better.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Thing for all the argument of mutual abuse existing or not, that should not matter. This was not a trial to establish Depp was abused it was a trial specifically to punish Heard for talking at all about Depp's abuse. So weekly font I have no idea what you're arguing about. Saying she was abusive as well (which I don't believe, but just for sake of argument) should not matter. Someone doing something wrong should not make it a crime for them to then talk about something being done wrong to them. But it has because of the dumpfuck jury, and all you're doing is arguing for enabling abusers to more easily use the legal system to silence victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I thought they were being asked if it was slander/libel which is quite obviously should not have been. Were they being asked for something else?