Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Honestly isn't a good thing for everyone that people are willing to reconsider things in light of new evidence? It blows a hole in the whole witchhunt narrative where people are only interested in condemning people forever for kicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Isn't there proof that the giant spider obsession was real because the failed Sandman movie also had people leaving with complaints abou having to have Dream fight a giant spider?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Steve Yun posted:

Holy loving poo poo was he attached to that

The Wikipedia blurb on this is worth reading.

quote:

Peters was a producer for a planned adaptation of the Sandman comics for Warner Bros., which met with controversy. One draft script commissioned by Peters was reviewed on the Internet at Ain't It Cool News,[12] and was met with scorn. Sandman creator Neil Gaiman called the last screenplay that Warner Bros. would send him "...not only the worst Sandman script I've ever seen, but quite easily the worst script I've ever read."[13] By 2001, the project had become stranded in development hell.

In a 2005 interview, Gaiman commented: "But Sandman movies, they just got increasingly appalling. It was really strange. They started out hiring some really good people and you got Elliott and Rossio and Roger Avary came in and did a draft. They were all solid scripts. And then Jon Peters fired all of them and got in some people who take orders, and who wanted fistfights and all this stuff. It had no sensibility and it was just...they were horrible."[14]

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

What about authors? Or someone like Toby Fox who is a millionaire based off making a goofy indy game that took off?

I mean artists are probably in that same category of people who don't really do anything "worthwhile", if you're defining as value to society as scientists (???).

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean apart from there being no hard distinction between a sport and a performance art to speak of

B-b-but jocks! Gymbros! I need to define my entire body of taste around being a nerd and only consuming safe nerd-branded things!

mycot fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 22, 2020

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm pretty sure non-rapey athletes keep getting brought up in this thread out of a weird goony sportsball complex.

edit: To continue conversation in a slightly less toxic way is there anyone mentioned in CineD who wouldn't be considered objectively overpaid?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

teacup posted:

Can we please just focus on the facts?

This has not happened with every accusation. It feeds directly into the “witch hunt” mindset when we just make poo poo up.

I do agree that fantasizing about the number of rapes right off the bat doesn't help accusations of the salacious attitude of these sort of things.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Vagabundo posted:

Basically the point I was trying to make, which somehow some chose to interpret as me rubbing one out to rape fantasies. Like, how?

Pardon loving me for being pretty sure that there'll be more, like often seems the case.

That sounds a lot more reasonable, though I'm not happy about it!!

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

I think people are mostly just bringing it up because it makes it frankly even worse. Dude straight-up looked like a small child.

Yeah I'm not saying it's right but even the crowd that is normally horrible about female-on-male sexual abuse was relatively quiet this time because one look at those photos and you can tell "Oh this woman is a pedophile".

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Milana Vayntrub is best known at the ATT girl from the cheeks but is also a comedian and actress in other things.

A cadre of men basically have become so obsessed with her that they have sexually harassed her online to the point where ATT has disabled comments on any social media post featuring her. This weekend she posted a selfie in a cute dress as she was going out and the comments were so sexual and toxic so went on IG live to tell people they need to stop and how unacceptable it was, but broke down crying as a bunch of men kept talking about her body live. Really hosed up. SheRatesDogs screenshotted some of the comments. It's just disgusting men think this is funny.

https://twitter.com/SheRatesDogs/status/1297711832665214977?s=19

She's a sexual assault survivor btw

https://twitter.com/raynefq/status/1298296242523447296

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
A bunch of lefty twitter types being baited into getting behind a Qanon-level thing to harrass a black woman is kind of amazing.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kingfish posted:

sickos eager to make posts like this on behalf of the sexy children movie.

I mean this is why this discussion is doomed no one can bring up something like "maybe there's people who are talking in bad faith like Ted fuckin' Cruz" without being called a pedophile or pro-pedophilia.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Big Mouth just has a ridiculously big advertising push. It's inescapable on social media every time a new season comes out, and every time people respond with "get this poo poo off my feed" (not because of the kid stuff, but because it's hideous).

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I dunno man, this thread has been heading in a weird direction lately so I've just been kind of skimming it, but if you've seen an episode of South Park or Family Guy or Rick and Morty then you pretty much know what Big Mouth is all about because there isn't anything in it that isn't in any of those other shows.

It got brought up because Professorjuggalo originally posted a tweet that conflated Big Mouth and Cuties.

pentyne posted:

Running back to cspam and whine about being such a martyr and accuse everyone of slurring your good name because someone said "suck my rear end"

Totally good faith, 100% better discourse.

lmao-ing at the idea of someone having to go to CSPAM to get a better crowd reaction.

VV That was after you edited it. The original post was just the tweet that made the kinda strange "Adults shouldn't make stories about children aimed at adults" take. I think someone mixed up your posts with Bust Rodd's and that's why people are so negative toward you, but I legitimately can't tell if you forgot what you posted where or if this is some galaxy-brain thread manipulation.

mycot fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 13, 2020

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/LemonCupcakee/status/1410466314448039936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

thrawn527 posted:

So Michael Che decided to repost a rape joke about Simone Biles. And the internet is rightfully pissed.

https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1420864518150836229

That's one way to leave SNL, I guess.

It must be rough for hacks when the only choice of material is "is black" and "was sexually abused"