Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dershowitz supposedly being a civil libertarian and then destroying a guy's academic career because the guy publicly embarrassed him always flew under the radar so I'm the glad the podcast ALAB recently revived the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I wonder how many people are unaware of what Roman Polanski actually did because it's much worse than "had sex with a 13 year old" which is already something that makes you a monster of the highest order. I don't blame the judge for planning to throw out the plea bargain - Polanski deserved the fifty years the judge wanted to give him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Almost Blue posted:

The whole argument from Allen people about "there was no toy train!/it was a different kind of toy train!" is so insane. Like, they think that suddenly means it's impossible for him to have sexually assaulted a child or something.

One of the defenses of Jackson after Leaving Neverland aired was one of the assaults couldn't have happened when/as the victim described since the train and station hadn't been built on the ranch yet (the assault occurred on the upper story of the train station). As if that means everything else didn't happen.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Godfather II he doesn't use his voice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

These same men would 100% freak out if someone they were not attracted to started talking about their rear end.

I had a coworker saying it was weird how women get so upset when they're at the club and a guy dances with them because he wouldn't mind if a woman did the same to him. Since he'd sleep with any women no matter how attractive/unattractive I couldn't go that route so the only way I could get through to him was saying "now imagine it's a guy twice your size [he's a small dude] grinding up behind you". These guys would all be having meltdowns if other guys were saying "cute rear end" or "I want your dick" in their instagram comments/DMs 24/7.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Isn't he the nerd who married way out of his league but wanted to have an open relationship once he became famous?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Timeless Appeal posted:

People are allowed to be in open relationships and poly no matter how they look.

That said, that's not really the issue with Middleditch. He basically told her after they already were married that he wanted an open relationship.

That's why I said "once he became famous" since there's no way he would've tried pulling it otherwise.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

JonTron happy he might no longer be the grossest person involved with Game Grumps.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Still shouldn't gently caress your fans.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I didn't realize this guy was 42 I assumed he was late 20s or something. How is any video game guy older than me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Alright the guy being 42 definitely makes it way different.

Very strange I've been a whole mess of tweets about it and that was left out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

thrawn527 posted:

Oh, that might be it. I’ve watched the hell out of both shows.

No you remembered right. There was an SVU where a female principal was raping a boy in her school and it turned out she had a tumor and removing it got rid of the urges. There's a bit of a "twist" where they think it didn't take because she goes after the boy again but it's tell him she's pregnant.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah Ann Rule is the go-to.

Boywhiz88 posted:

And Michelle Macnamara absolutely would have been some level of famous as the amateur person who helped to solve Golden State Killer mystery.

She didn't come close to solving it so this is weird on top of everything else.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

When I first saw Invoke Prejudice - not knowing about the artist - I assumed it was mocking racists.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I know it goes without saying but just walking around with your dick chatting with people is so loving bizarre.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Didn't the woman who matched with Ben Affleck realize it was actually him when he found her on Instagram and DMed her "why'd you unmatch me?" Ben could get laid without trying and still goes that route lmao I've never hopped in the DMs c'mon man.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Joe Whedon sucked before it turned out he personally did.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rhyno posted:

I am not claiming Gate sis innocent but is there an actual source on the pedo island stuff yet?

What reason is there for any of these guys to be associated with Epstein?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Epstein was never a legitimate businessman.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DrVenkman posted:

Wikipedia at least seems to indicate that the 'trading' he did was pretty early on until like 83 or something. After that it's largely 'consulting' and such, intentionally vague.

A big part of the problem is he claimed he only allowed people of a certain net worth into that fund and back then there were only a handful of people that rich. And like Mr. Apollo said nobody had ever heard of him and for him to get as rich as he did that would've been impossible.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Precambrian posted:

SomethingAwful's always been the guy at the bar pontificating about how the world really works, just with CIA Ops instead of the Cowboys having a lovely season and podcasts instead of talk radio. Obviously Epstein's a CIA asset, how else do rich people share favors with people they like, unless, of course, it's the Jews Mossad running the whole thing. You can say whatever the gently caress you want so long as it's full of unearned confidence and the other guys at the bar back you up.

Remember when this thread was convinced Ronan Farrow was about to end Biden's campaign because a NYT's writer wrote a pissy piece about how Farrow's sloppy? Literally the only reason they'd do that is to protect their liberal darling! And then... turns out, nope, there was no grand conspiracy, but by then the bar had moved on to the latest celebrity gossip to pontificate on.

Shoulda stayed in the drafts.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't feel bad that rich people didn't get richer but that's a bullshit decision. Also weird that poo poo hadn't already been paid out considering how long ago the movie came out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That sucks to hear because her Oscar acceptance speech is an all-timer. Never have heroes and all that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MadDogMike posted:

For a second I read that as Chris Hanson and thought To Catch a Predator had suddenly become REALLY ironic in retrospect.

Found out recently the lady that worked for Perverted Justice for the show is Twitter's VP of safety.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Weird coincidence that both Drakes are pedos and that Drake is their middle name.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ComplexPop/status/1407754080727015425?s=20

quote:

The charges are related to an alleged interaction between him and a 15-year-old child at a Cleveland nightclub in Dec. 2017. The case was filed against the actor in 2018 in Canada, and was later brought to the Cleveland Division of Police. Following an investigation, it was discovered by authorities that Bell had an established relationship with the child for “several years” prior to the alleged interaction, which was supposedly at times sexual in nature.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

This is one of those situations that is so transparently hosed up and evil that I feel like there must be some huge piece of the puzzle that I am not getting because it can’t possibly be this blatantly insane, forced by a judge to not have babies because your father has enslaved you to do shows in Vegas five nights a week or you lose the ability to see your kids? What? How?

After following Steve Donzinger's case nothing about how our court system works can shock me anymore.

What's happening to Spears reminds me of the people that gently caress over old people through legal guardianship. I wanna say the second season of Dirty Money on Netflix had an episode on it but they'll steal elderly people's homes and sell them and poo poo. Real hosed up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's not a technicality it's prosecutorial misconduct.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Also when he was arrested back in the day the story was told as if he was jerking off in a normal movie theatre.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

Clarke's knighting was canceled because of reports of him being an abuser of children.

quote:

I grew up in Sri Lanka. My dad was doing some work for the Canadian government. There were a lot of expat kids in my area and we had free reign of the neighbourhood. Our parents mostly let us do what we wanted, but we were told to stay away—never go near—a large property that bordered my house. When we asked why the reasons were always vague.

There were some rumors that someone very famous or maybe powerful lived there. We all got the sense that he was...a danger in some way. One day I was home sick from school. My grandfather was visiting from Canada and he was assigned to watch me. I remember that I was in pajamas. We were in the backyard and my grandfather was painting peacocks. Out of our hedges this man appeared and approached us. I instantly knew it was the man from the property. The man from the property wanted something from my dad, who of course wasn't home. My grandfather was star struck by the man. Grandpa could barely speak. The two began chatting. The man flattered my grandfather's painting. He said he also liked to paint but only people. The man looked towards me and said let's paint the boy.

I was placed on a stool in front of the two men. I was eleven years old. Very quickly the neighbour said the clothes were spoiling the beauty of me. He asked me to remove my clothes. I looked at my grandpa and did as I was told. Soon after I was on the stool, naked, and crying. I don't know how long this went on but at some point my father arrived home. He quickly reviewed the scene, saw the man from the property, and...went...nuts. He just lost it on them: raising his voice. Getting in people's faces. I honestly thought he might kill them both.

Within a couple of hours my grandfather was gone and they never - ever - spoke again. Although in some circles it was common knowledge, the man from the property was a famous British science fiction novelist. Apparently he had been banished to (then) Ceylon from postwar Britain rather than face prison for being a pederast. I think about that day sometimes. My father didn't have a temper and rarely ever even raised his voice but the man he became in that moment while essentially unrecognizable. While we've had our ups and downs from that moment forward I never questioned his love for me again. Ever. I knew he'd kill for me. I learned how important it is to protect your family and those more vulnerable than you.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bjxp5m/we-asked-people-what-childhood-moment-shaped-them-the-most

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Michael Che once had a lengthy meltdown on instagram because the hosts of niche leftist podcast mocked him and Weekend Update.