Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Holy gently caress, that thread. Asia Argento is absolutely her father's daughter. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LividLiquid posted:

gently caress Yahtzee for his views on poo poo, but you have absolutely no idea how much work it is to write things and create video content. poo poo is in no way a cush job. It is bananas how much work that poo poo is. I only produce a few long-form videos a year and it is incredibly time-consuming.

Pay attention to every time the image changes during a Zero Punctuation and understand that that is a new, original image every five seconds or so for 5 minutes. Weekly. Accompanied by an essay. The thing you had to do in school that was a lot of work.

it's cushy because he gets paid a metric rear end-ton of money to do it, not because it's easy work. a lot of people do more or less the same thing for completely free, or for an inconsistent Youtube or Patreon income instead of a consistent salary.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
replace TJ Miller with Ernest "The Cat" Miller and have Eric Bischoff interrupt all of his scenes to talk at length about how Miller knows karate and has a kickboxing tournament record while everyone just kind of stares at him confused

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Makes me wonder if there's some MAD doctrine being deployed with blackmail material.

i feel like this is honestly remarkably likely

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

has Akon mattered in years? this almost seems more like "say hello to Akon again, and then immediately goodbye again"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Leon is a really, really loving good movie that's good pretty much specifically because everyone was tired of Besson's sleazeball poo poo. There's so many points in the movie where it could have turned creepy, and probably originally did, and just... doesn't.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:stonk:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

well this article is batshit insane

Bill O'Reilly posts dog pictures on Instagram- clearly a plot to worm his way back into our hearts!

Louis CK DARES GO OUTSIDE- WHAT A MONSTER!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hawkgirl posted:

I think it’s seriously more batshit to think these aren’t carefully planned and executed publicity stunts

O'Reilly I think this is plausible for, though still tenuous

CK loving went outside and this is being taken as evidence he's making a comeback

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also, y'know, the article literally ends by telling victims they shouldn't bother coming forward because in 4-6 months the person they're accusing might go outside

i mean i realize i'm picking the lowest possible hanging fruit by dunking on a loving cracked article but

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i love how often arguments on SA consist of one person repeating themselves over and over, while the other person kramers around the room talking about literally everything else except the thing being repeated

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

Is "kramering around the room" a thing?

it's when someone kramers in the door and just keeps kramering, sliding off around the room, bouncing against walls. he kramers against your toilet, busting it up big time. you get the feeling he's trying to say something to you but he's kramering at such a high velocity you just can't quite make it out. as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim "Fidel Castro is the biggest rapist, that's what's so CRAZY about this" on the way down

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, in a sense, he's right. Just probably not how he thinks.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

chitoryu12 posted:

It's not actually saying "We no longer allow filmmakers to demand sex in return for parts." It's just saying that SAG-AFTRA will be limiting the ability to conduct auditions in homes or hotel rooms, a likely area for this to occur.

yeah this is actually a legitimately good move that will probably genuinely stop at least some sexual assaults. it's probably not going to be taken as such, though, because nobody actually reads articles if the headline tells them it's something bad.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's very reminiscent of laws being passed in 2018 that say that police having sex with people in custody is actually sexual assault. Sure that's a good move but it seems horrifying that seemingly didn't come up until now.

Again, I feel like you should go look at what they're actually doing. This isn't just them saying "don't gently caress your auditioners," it's them banning auditions in homes and hotels, even if no sexual assault occurs, to make it less likely that anyone will try casting couch bullshit.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so John Darnielle is probably a piece of poo poo

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hat Thoughts posted:

could u summarize that

i... literally did, in the post you quoted

if you want a more specific summary he has a history of being really really weird towards young fans of Mountain Goats and emotionally manipulating them, to the extent that it could possibly be considered grooming

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tagichatn posted:

She's not a good actor.

She's okay, though? Like, I haven't ever seen any standout performances from her but she's never sunk a movie that I've seen, either.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

peer posted:

Saying something offensive and then "accidentally" making an even worse statement while apologising seems exactly like the kind of thing norm would consider a funny joke

i would also buy that it shows up in his comedy as a joke often because he just legit has a habit of digging himself deeper like that and he's at least marginally self-aware about it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I've always kind of wondered about the Singer stuff. It's really genuinely odd how not one thing has stuck to him, despite people coming at him with accusations for like 75% of his career.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

jesus christ that article makes Soon-Yi come off as one of the actual worst people alive and every bit as awful as Allen

e: like... she's really, really not a good liar, everything she says about Mia Farrow is either super obviously bullshit or something totally innocuous carefully worded to make her sound like a monster (OH NOOOO MIA FARROW MADE HER TAKE A BATH ON HER OWN).

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, but when that results in you sticking up for a scumbag who drugged and raped an underage girl, you may want to rethink your priorities. I know I’m preaching to the choir, but still.

it's a bit more complex than that. France doesn't extradite to the US, period, because they're not okay with the US having the death penalty. Polanski's charges are in the US, so their response to the idea of extraditing him has been "gently caress no, abolish the death penalty you assholes."

like, they're not actively trying to defend pedophiles, they're trying to fight the death penalty, and it turns out the one card in their hand is a pedophile. if we got rid of it on a federal level, Polanski would likely be standing trial in the US within days.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Krankenstyle posted:

If I was a tinfoil hat type I'd say he intentionally blanked on her heckle to seem more vulnerable.

I think it's more likely that "GET YOUR DICK OUT" is not usually in the repertoire of heckles he's used to hearing

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is Bill Burr the F is for Family guy or is that Jim Jeffries? I get them mixed up a lot, but whichever dude does that show is alright by me, because that show makes it clear that whichever dude it is, is more of a "generally on our side but rough around the edges" type than a full-on enemy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just feel like when you get to that kind of dude, it's a situation where we should probably be using whatever ways to reach out we can, rather than going "gently caress THIS GUY, HE'S CANCELLED FOREVER." Like, F is for Family makes it pretty obvious that Burr isn't that entrenched in his views and even seems to pretty much realize he's kind of a poo poo, which is where I was coming from; he's the kind of guy who seems like he'd respond to Twitter getting on his rear end with "man, I'm sorry, I hosed up" instead of doubling down.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grouchio posted:

So what did Neil Tyson get for his misconduct allegations?

The new season of Cosmos might not be happening, is the main thing.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

The furor over CK’s set is confusing imo. It’s exactly the same sort of comedy that he’s told over and over again in the past 10 years. It’s less refined and polished, which is why you’re hearing it in a scratchy audio recording rather than in a 4K Netflix video.

People are talking as if CK’s just lost it and is being an old rambling dude now. Nothing has changed! This is exactly the same sort of comedy you used to love! You’d have respected this man for joking about parkland survivors or gender-neutral-pronoun-using teens just years ago.

His transgressions surely color his work but it’s pathetic to pretend as if his style has taken a sudden nosedive and that’s the real reason we hate him now. He’s doing much the same thing as before.

Honestly, this actually is a sea change for him, it's just a subtle one. He used to make jokes about hosed up subject matter, but with at least a veneer of empathy for the affected; this routine, however, actively revels in its utter lack of such empathy.

He's turned from the kind of person who'd mock rapists into the kind of person who'd mock rape victims. That probably says something about the former having been a facade to begin with, but it still sucks.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

Wait WHAT?

Making the ED movies was Not Fun for Bruce Campbell, though more because of the effects than because of Raimi being any kind of jackass, iirc.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Jesus so he's basically a loving ostrich

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

... so it's not like people were randomly chasing him down and demanding that he give his opinion, he said he was going to do it but never did.

"i'm not ready to do this yet and i'm not sure when i will be" is not the same thing as "i'm gonna do this, guys!!!!!"

and the tone of the tweet sounds like people had been hounding him, honestly

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i think the fact that it's Wil fuckin' Wheaton we're talking about here makes this sort of a silly argument, like, dude is very charitably a C-list celebrity

like i agree with regards to people who actually have a meaningful platform that people will listen to. like, there's no reason actual celebrities shouldn't be somewhat obligated to be vocal about these issues; people actually listen to them. Wil Wheaton, meanwhile, is a former TNG actor who did guest spots on Big Bang Theory on the basis of "being a former TNG actor," and he was also funny on twitter for a little while; that is the complete entirety of his fame, to the best of my knowledge, and i don't think anyone other than very sad hardcore Trekkies is actually going to be meaningfully influenced by him saying "gently caress Hardwick."

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fart City posted:

I think a major piece of the Michael Jackson story is how it, like, maybe arrived too early? In a weird way the allegations against him have become pop culture, a series of SNL and South Park jokes as opposed to real alleged criminal acts. Like if you break down what the allegations are, they're absolutely horrifying; that he groomed and molested children. But it all came out in a timeframe where the media was salivating for the next OJ Simpson case to cover, and as a result the whole thing kind of got molded into this cultural moment. And like the fact that two people were murdered in the Simpson case, the actual victims of the Jackson case were put in the penalty box in favor of taking shots at the more visible celebrity. Like whether Jackson was guilty or not, the entire situation surrounding the allegations against him was branded as like, a joke. It defanged a lot of the possible truth that ran underneath.

I mean, on the other hand, the joke always had an undercurrent of absolute violent hatred towards Jackson. His music basically stopped being played on the radio for a decade plus, and only started again after his death; going out of your way to listen to his music or watch Captain EO or Thriller was basically taken as a sign that you, too, were a chi-mo.

It was less of a case of people laughing about the situation, and more of a case of people hoping that mockery would drive him to suicide.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, MJ's also kind of an outlier because his case was just such a completely weird clusterfuck. Most of these are somewhat more obvious.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hollismason posted:

Uh I think that just because MJ had a terrible childhood and was probably molested by his father doesn't mean he gets to molest kids.

He obviously did something

yeah, he obviously did something, but we have basically no clue what he actually did and there's a whole lot of daylight between the best and worst possible scenarios. you seem to be taking this as a lot more clear-cut than it actually is.

e: like, with all of the angles on MJ's case in mind, i'm okay with just throwing my hands up on it and calling it a riddle for the ages. we don't know, and we probably never will.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 11, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
edit: probably not a great idea, even if we did just get a Nazi wandering in

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 20, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cease to Hope posted:

What does "one social media mistake" have to do with any of the people discussed in this thread?

I mean, Terry Crews just said a dumb thing about gay couples with kids, and this is causing people to decide that it was actually good that some dude grabbed his nuts.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Re: Blanket, there could be a number of reasons why he responded that way.

It's possible he was molested himself and the doc made him relive his trauma. It's also possible that he wasn't molested and just found out his dad was probably a monster. :shrug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm maybe getting a little Dale Gribble here, but does anyone else think Aaliyah's death needs to be looked into a little harder? Given that R. Kelly is apparently an actual loving supervillain, I would entirely buy that he was responsible for the bogus pilot and the plane being overloaded, plus there's several plausible motives

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

STAC Goat posted:

I'm aware of the guy's reputation for being a creep and the feet and stuff.

That seems like a long way away from "its open knowledge that he raped Amanda Bynes and impregnated Jamie Lynn Spears." I mean, obviously they're on the same path but what's informing those pretty specific and huge accusations? Has either woman accused him or something?

https://twitter.com/totoxxyyxxremix/status/867904150788558849?lang=en

this twitter thread covers most of it. basically, there's no hard proof, but it fills in the blanks more neatly than anything else that's come out, and CDAN (which has been right about some really bonkers poo poo before) has directly called it out.

e: actually, nevermind, the only thing up in the air with Spears seems to be whether it was specifically Schneider and that's... not a hard guess to make. it's out in the open that her "acknowledged" baby-daddy wasn't the actual one and that the real father was "someone who worked on the show," and that the Spears family was... pretty loving spooked by the situation to the extent of paying the fake baby-daddy to pretend he was the real father.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

Houston Public Library admits registered child sex offender read to kids in Drag Queen Storytime
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/h...time/ar-BBUPTpj

welp I guess that program's gonna die