Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

precision posted:

I was going to say "Wes Anderson nooooo" then remembered the incredibly out of place sexualized scene between two pre-teens in Moonrise Kingdom.

Still a great movie and compared to everything else it's really tame but it struck me as super out of place, even if the themes of the scene were on message.

Wim Wenders though? :(

Ahh poo poo Moonrise kingdom is one of my most favourite movies ever :[ god I hope those kids aren't damaged....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

fucksake i really liked TJ miller. :[

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

viral spiral posted:

What precedent has my man Ridley Scott set?!?!

EDIT: Can you imagine how loving pissed off Ryan Reynolds and David Leitch must be right now? Ryan probably loves his Deadpool character more than his own family at this point, and he's also a producer, so he presumably has the power to demand the removal of TJ Miller. If I were him, I would just do it. Don't taint what is probably going to be a great film by keeping a loving rapist in it.

Between TJ Miller and that biker lady getting killed Deadpool 2 is off to a baaad start :[

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

About editing out TJ Miller in Dp2 just get really bad lookalikes with really bad wigs and everytime it's his characters turn to speak he gets punched or interrupted.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

If 2016 was the great "celebrity and musician purge" then 2017 is the great "awwh for fu- not him i liked him"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

lelandjs posted:

I’ve seen it as:

2016: “All your favorite celebrities are dead!”
2017: “All your favorite celebrities are dead to you!”

2018 : all the celebrities are un-dead! and they're fighting the gropey ones!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

david bowies corpse just beating the poo poo out of himself

ooh but he makes it sound so good!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

and that cannibal movie that killed real animals (never seen it,why would i?)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Your driving flying that poo poo into the ground.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Fart City posted:

If you run a paper mill and go out of your way to hide frayed electrical wiring and defective fire alarms from safety inspectors, while also forcing your employees to work sixteen hour days in order to meet a quarterly quota, and the mill catches on fire and kills four people, you're gonna go to loving jail.

but but but - what if the guy who ran the paper mill also made a really good quiche once? 35 years ago? what then huh?!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Rhyno posted:

Stan Lee is a gross old man in a surprise to absolutely no one.

https://twitter.com/NancyGrace/status/950779079598530565?s=17

nyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh! not Stan Lee,anyone but Stan the man!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't even want to think about what would happen in front of someone who believes Cobain was a saint, and I say that as someone who loves Nirvana.

Their heads would expl- ohhh.....

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Fart City posted:

I guess a history of assaulting fifteen (plus?) different men and boys across a span of decades was a “whoopsie,” and Spacey should be given the opportunity to put the trauma he had suffered in the allegations coming to light behind him, and move on with his life. It’s whats fair.

Robin Wright just handially killed whatever modicum of interest I might have had in “her” season of House Of Cards.

Don't you know he's *dramatic pause* GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY????????????

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I've always kind of wondered about the Singer stuff. It's really genuinely odd how not one thing has stuck to him, despite people coming at him with accusations for like 75% of his career.

Cause he fuckin' ran away,just like spacey,just like weinstein,just like polanski......

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Fart City posted:

did R Kelly just load a t-shirt cannon with molestation videos and fire it into the sky

poo poo you just made me snort like a pig.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Mugging - bad

Rape - also bad

Don’t do the bad things.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Maybe the reason gilliam has had so many directing woes isn’t because of corporate meddling but because he loving sucks as a human?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Did they have trouble catching him?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Khizan posted:

I think he was making a joke about the guy being hard to catch because he is a ninja.

This.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Samovar posted:

No ninja no ninja no.

Kiddy

Diddlin’

Ninja

Pedo

He’ll get killed in prison

Kill the paedo!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Vegetable posted:

Write-up on the new Woody Allen docu. There's a part involving sunscreen that's pretty graphic and gross as hell.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/allen-v-farrow-is-a-horrifying-indictment-of-woody-allen

edit: it gets a lot worse

Can’t read the article cause it wants a subscription.

Mind giving us the lowdown?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

God what a loving scumbag,thanks for the copy paste.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Predator's actually an interesting case given its premise isn't so much 'guy at the gym who's buffer than you' (especially since the Predator is vaguely feminine coded in a movie with literal Arnie and a bunch of other hulks) but a mix of 'alien who treats humans like humans treat wild game' and 'sci-fi intruder to the plot of a standard genre action movie'. The movies start to suck when they move away from that, because the interesting part isn't the Predator, it's what they do and how people react. (and why Predator crossovers work remarkably

Imagine explaining predator to someone in the weeks that it came out

“Well arnie and his buds are shooting up soldiers in the jungle (very oiled up all of them by the way,flexing their big muscles for each other) and then this invisible alien with a vagina for a face and dreadlocks loving kills everyone before arnie beats it and it commits nuclear suicide”.

“Did the projectionist get the movies mixed up? Were you high?”.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it rules. You're watching a pretty standard Arnold action in the jungle movie, then a crazy alien movie suddenly busts in almost out of nowhere and starts loving everything up. At least there were hints it was coming though. It's even crazier in something like From Dusk till Dawn, where you're watching a weird movie about two criminal brothers kidnapping a family trying to escape across the border, then out of loving nowhere there's vampires everywhere. I know they were in the trailers, but I got to surprise one person with that back in the day, who hadn't heard of the movie at all, hadn't seen any trailers for it, so I showed her the movie on VHS. When the turn comes and people in the bar go all vampire crazy, she yells out, "What the gently caress is this movie?!" It was amazing.

I wish there were more movies that could pull that off, but you've gotta sell your movie somehow.

Yeah i’m trying to think of a movie that changes style halfway through and i’m coming up blank,maybe the matrix for people who went in blind?

Crank?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

It was me who started the off topic-ness i’ll leave it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

AceOfFlames posted:

Aaaaand it looks like Dan Avidan of Game Grumps has been accused of grooming.

There are no good men. They are all rapists. This is what our species has always been. Decent men are aberrations. God loving drat it.

Ahhhhh for gently caress sake!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Judakel posted:

My band's name is Monkey Cheese gently caress

My band is monkey jism hypnotism exorcism,we do weddings.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I watched silicon valley from start to finish but my memories of it are hazy,i remember middleditch’s character dating a woman but he abused her because she didn’t use punctuation properly (or was it a coding thing?)

Either way it was weird then,it speaks volumes now.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Why would you hang around with him after that?

Edit : not trying to be inflammatory or arseholish,serious question.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 15, 2021

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Actually,makes no difference,guy’s a scumbag of the highest order so just imagine my previous question never existed.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m not sure who you’re talking about here, the answer is either incredibly simple or incredibly complicated:

If you’re asking about his friends, colleagues and hangers-on who stuck around, the simple answer is money, fame and excitement taking value over the lives of people you may or may not know

If you’re talking about the women, the answer is really complicated but they (the women in question) try to go into it in the article. Men like Manson are very good at developing a pattern that they can use to get women eased into an abusive relationship. You start with gifts and attention and praise, slowly remove other concerns from her life through isolation, and then once there’s a dependency, you start the shocking stuff, which you alternate with downplaying her concerns and fears to keep her thinking that maybe things are fine or that she’s the crazy one. Manson has been doing this for decades, so he’s completely surrounded himself with enablers and an environment designed to facilitate this. Plus, he’s very charismatic and has been able to play both sides of the Professional Provacateur card, he can say the worst most grotesque poo poo because he’s playing a character so why are you taking it so seriously? It’s all just a joke, which for over 20 years was enough to get the industry to look the other way. Between his pattern, his surroundings and his knowledge of who might be susceptible, once he gets his hooks in it’s easy to fall into an alternate reality.

Thank you for the explanation,much appreciated.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

No those are both equally valid posts,thank you both for taking the time to explain,much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Joss whedon is a bully type,he picked on people he considered “less than”stuntpeople,extras,people who weren’t male main actors,people who wouldn’t “rock the boat” and upend a show or movie if they did kick up a fuss.