Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I happened to be reading the trivia for What about Bob? and found this anecdote about Bill Murray:

"Producer Laura Ziskin recalled having a disagreement with Bill Murray which led to her getting tossed into a lake by him. She confirmed in 2003, "Bill also threatened to throw me across the parking lot and then broke my sunglasses and threw them across the parking lot. I was furious and outraged at the time, but having produced a dozen movies, I can safely say it is not common behavior."

I'm scared to hear what else he may have done, other than assaulting a producer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I know that playing a creeper doesn't mean you are a creeper, but this just makes James Franco seem even ickier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4McHSYigW0

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Electric Bugaloo posted:

The most recent episode of the https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/04/03/couple-alleged-murder-suicide-near-vicenza-idd-retired-gi-wife.html covered M.A.S.H, the movie.

If you haven’t watched the film, you really should. You can spend the whole time appalled at how deeply progressive it was considered to be.

Where they recruit a black surgeon they nickname "SpearChucker,", and commit multiple counts of sexual assault and harassment?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Electric Bugaloo posted:

At women who outrank them, no less. Also where one of the main characters has an existential crisis of gay panic and tries to kill himself because he fails to get a boner one time. And the scene is a reference to DaVinci’s Last Supper.

It’s like a transitional fossil from the post-sexual revolution era where just having your lovely impulses out in the open was considered ‘liberated’ compared to the conservatism that preceded it but women still didn’t have any agency or desires of their own and needed to be told or shown that they “actually wanted it.”

Edit: also, wtf is up with your quote of me? I wrote the name of a podcast and it seems to have been turned into a URL about a murder-suicide. :psyduck:

Idk how that happened. I was reading that article in a different tab, maybe some kind've weird Chrome glitch?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Schwarzwald posted:

It's insidious. It goes a long way to making the issue unsolvable, since the most effective approaches (all of which will involve "looking at the root causes") can now be conflated with misogyny.

How clueless do you have to be to go from "women won't gently caress me" to "it's obviously their fault?"

The root cause is too many morons spending too much time online and not realizing that life doesn't work like fiction.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

PT6A posted:

Well ISIS did recruit by promising sex slaves to sad sack morons in the west who couldn't get laid any other way, so: yes. Yes they are.

I'm convinced a lot of westerners joined the Kurdish militias for similar reasons, hoping they could score with YPJ members.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

I think it probably "worked" a lot when celebrities were doing it more, back when people weren't so paranoid about their phones being hacked. As in, maybe some women were willing to overlook a dick pic in order to get with Brett Favre or whoever but I can't see the average dude getting a good result with it.

I did once, but only because the girl dared me to.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

In contrast to which country, exactly?

It's ok if the commies committed crimes against humanity, the capitalists did too.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Sarah Jessica Parker is a better actress than Meryl Streep though.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Rhyno posted:

I somehow missed the Hirsch thing as I have very much enjoyed his work over the last decade or so.

But gently caress that guy now.

He should probably just kill himself, he's got nothing to contribute to society.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

https://talkaboutthesexcult.tumblr.com/

So it turns out an artist whose music I've listened to for years has actually been using BDSM as an excuse to abuse women and take advantage of impressionable girls, and his wife just left him because he was chronically cheating on her with young fans on tour and even had the gall to ask her if he could keep up these relationships while still married.

I've just deleted everything of his off my Spotify master playlist, which was no easy task since it was buried under 1500 songs.

Dude, you're probably going to have to quit listening to music period.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
So, would we rate Prince better or worse than Ted Nugent. Prince became Mahte's "guardian" when she was 16, eventually having a sexual relationship with her when she turned 19. Basically adopted her after seeing a video of her belly dancing. They were married, but that's still a bit messed up.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

ruddiger posted:

Hmm, so according to Henry Cavill, you can't rape an ex-girlfriend? I wonder what his ex's have to say about that.

That's not even close to what he said.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Katie Hill has admitted that it was an inappropriate relationship and she resigned ahead of an investigation by the House Ethics Committee.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I don't get why anyone would want to watch a Woody Allen movie. They're all just him working out his neuroses on screen.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Hopefully they recommend not randomly cutting to the guy's face during the scene.

Always awkward.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Zogo posted:

Runner Who Slapped Reporter's Backside on Live TV Arrested for Sexual Battery
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/runner-slapped-reporters-backside-live-231511019.html

The reporter has retained Gloria Allred as her attorney. Allred is known for, among other things, helping to protect Harvey Weinstein from his victims.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/19/podcasts/the-daily/harvey-weinstein-gloria-allred.html

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Hodgepodge posted:

Too bad, because assuming you already know what's going to be said is the first step towards not being able to figure out the answer to the last question here:

This is like when Josh Hartnett's character in 40 Days and 40 Nights had to apologize for being raped by his ex girlfriend.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

After reading up on what Clint did to Sandra Locke, I can safely say "gently caress Clint Eastwood."

Good actor, but lovely person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Every day I find some fresh horror that shows how out in the open some of this really is.

2reachmu posted:

Normally these types of videos are ironically hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqPiSin-3rg
But, if you think more critically, who is this video really made for?