Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Do you guys really expect a son to badmouth their father like that and hate them?

What loving world did you guys grow up in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

As my wife and my family and friends will tell you, I have plenty of bad things to say about my father, and he never did anything so terrible as getting three people killed.

Yeah I know I get it. White people do this to their folks. That's why you people are so hosed up and elect people to purposefully gently caress over your kids/parents.

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I can't find the post but I believe someone in this thread earlier said that "Call Me By Your Name" and "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" were evidence that Hollywood wasn't taking sexual assault seriously.

I just wanted to say that using those films as proof of that is absolutely laughable.

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

21 Muns posted:

...because...?

Because both stories feature relationships between adults and people under the age of 18. :confused:

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

got any sevens posted:

Well its been a few years (and i never saw it)
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1174732/?ref=m_nv_sr_2

If you think that's the first book/film about youth being brought into society via a romantic/sexual relationship you really need to read more.

It's one of the most common tropes in fiction and appears in loving every single form of ancient Mythology not to mention the Decameron, Canterbury Tales, or 1001 Nights but also is common in Victorian and classic American Literature but pretty much every form of world literature from ancient Tale of Genji to the modern 100 Years of Solitude .

God help us is if they ever decide to adapt either of those to film.

The stuff is common in film too.