Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Coffee And Pie posted:

The bit that made me sad was Depp, in character as Jack Sparrow, trying to jokingly explain away why his finger was hosed up to a little kid.

There's a note by him that sounds even MORE sad and depressing and reads like a suicide note over at the Era thread about this. There more and more I read that thread and stuff gets posted, the more I remember the Jussie Smollett thing about people looking back on all the inconsistencies and wondering how people fell for such an obvious grift. Like there's a post about faking texts by ripping them from the metadata, the police reports contradicting her accusation, some stuff about camera footage showing her letting James Franco into their private suite when Depp wasn't around, her domestic abuse prior and the gaffe of her accusing the officer of homophobia only for her to turn out to be openly lesbian and an activist, making GBS threads on their bed as a some kind of prank, etc..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Julius CSAR posted:

What thread is this?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ju...ff-post.167967/

Here's info on Heard's arrest being allegedly homophobic and a really good piece about the whole situation.

https://www.inquisitr.com/3185259/amber-heard-arrest-the-homophobic-cop-is-a-gay-woman-tasya-van-ree-was-lying-to-protect-amber/

https://medium.com/@TabethaWallace/if-you-really-loved-me-johnny-depp-amber-heard-782d0f29ea4

Apparently some people who vouched for Heard were still receiving financial compensation which is just all kinds of hosed up if true.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 5, 2020

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

-Blackadder- posted:

I couldn't find it, page?

Also, I got like 5 pages in and that thread makes that forum sound like a horrible reddit echo chamber.

E: That last bit of Roberts' testimony about how Depp went from warm and social to depressed and sleeping all day was rough to read.

Yeah Era is...a place. It's distilled Neogaf which makes sense since it spawned from the break of with current Neogaf being uber right to alt-right and Resetera being the opposite. It's not the worst place especially if you're lefty, but even then there's a walking on eggshells feel that's really uncomfortable at times.

Edit: Here's the page.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ju....167967/page-17

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 5, 2020

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

AceOfFlames posted:

And worst of all: JK Rowling was right about Depp.

Yeah that loving irritated me since she's loving terrible.

...loving WOW!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

WaywardWoodwose posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...k&ICID=ref_fark

in this version the DA claims to have mountains of evidence, thousands of videos, but when he decides not to run for re-election his successor couldn't produce any of it.

Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer said his team found no evidence of any assaults by the couple, despite the county's former prosecutor insisting a year and a half ago that he seized "thousands of videos" and there could be "more than a thousand" victims. There is not a single piece of evidence or video or photo that shows an unconscious or incapacitated woman being sexually assaulted," Spitzer said Tuesday. "Not one."

He accused former District Attorney Tony Rackauckas of using the case to promote his re-election efforts in 2018, in what Spitzer called a "blatant abuse of power."

Even BIGGER loving WOW! Like, was the stuff faked or bullshit then and this guy was simply using it as material for reelection? Or did he just not give a gently caress anymore when he left the race?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

thrawn527 posted:

She didn't use to be terrible, or least hid it well. But google her name and "transphobic" or "TERF". (And, while I want to stress that this matters so much less, those Fantastic Beasts movies, where she's writing the scripts for the first time, are pretty god awful.)

You forgot to add racist as hell and possibly colonialist given some of the HP lore about Native Americans and her portrayal of Palestine in her other series(Palestinian villain who may have been trans was portrayed as MASSIVELY anti-semitic simply by default). It's the same issue as Orson Scott Card where YA author who wrote books that spoke greatly and deeply to their audiences about issues they may be going through turns out to be a horrible person.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I feel sorry for the people who were summoned for jury duty just to look at pictures of Harvey Weinstein.

Outside of medical conditions, I don't understand how anyone can get that loving fat. Like, my dad has a big gut, but otherwise is a fairly solid man, but that just looks(to quote Doug Stanhope) "like a garbage bag full of jello".

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress? What was this in?

Her police procedural series that apparently takes place in the HP world, but the muggle part. The colonialist thing is due to the fact that all the all the Asian and Indian characters all speak perfectly accented english and go to an English based boarding school and some stuff about Native Americans needing to have wands explained by wizards in the colonial era in spite of being able to use magic without wands or something or other.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 5, 2020

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

have you checked out that tape at all

it's some pretty horrifying poo poo and makes Heard look like a genuine monster far surpassing "rear end in a top hat" designation

e: like, your take was pretty much everyone's take before we got to be a fly on the wall for their couples' therapy session, and that's kind of what's making everyone reassess the situation.

This combined with a sort of character focus in that we know he's had substance abuse issues and physical scuffles, but most if not all of that was way in the past with the scuffles being the usual dumbass or justified behavior of fighting security guards or paparazzi respectively and never domestic violence and it really does speak a lot that all of his exes and his daughter went to bat for him.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

-Blackadder- posted:

That 2nd Audio is somehow more disturbing than the first.

Also this really interesting: Couples Therapist breaks down the Depp/Heard Audio.

It is kind of ironic. It's incredibly rare to get evidence anywhere near this concrete about these situations. The large majority of the time it's just someone's word about something someone else did years prior and the narrative is mass support for the victim. Yet in this case there seems to be an unusual amount of hedging and silence from the usual champions against domestic/sexual violence.

"But think of the optics and how MRA/Incels/MGTOW will use this!"

The irony they're all missing is that by not addressing the fact that they hosed up, they're giving all those obnoxious fucks even MORE AND BETTER ammunition for their recruiting poo poo. But yeah that's part of it. The other part is a combination of grift and the admition of loving up being seen as weakness after going in as much and as aggressively as they did.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I guess MJ refrained from abusing his famous child friends. Macaulay Culkin also has never had a bad thing to say about him.

There would actually be severe blowback there.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

SimonCat posted:

After reading up on what Clint did to Sandra Locke, I can safely say "gently caress Clint Eastwood."

Good actor, but lovely person.

What's the story there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Rhyno posted:

Trump will probably pardon him.

More than likely.