Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

If you refuse to give someone a job unless they gently caress you, it's coercion you creepy weirdo.

In before he replies asking "what if the job was to be in a film in which they gently caress me? Checkmate."

Here in the UK, the powerful-smelling, bath-destroying chain store Lush came under fire recently for running an advertising campaign protesting about the police infiltrating eco/green groups and raping their members. They cancelled the campaign after a couple of days because of the backlash from the media (which is almost entirely controlled by far right non-doms), who described it as 'anti-police'.

A couple of years ago the government announced that they wouldn't publish any information about how many people in immigrant detention centres had been raped by employees of G4S, because it might harm their commercial interests. I'm sure it's also just a coincidence that literally everybody in the government owns shares, or is related to someone that owns shares, in G4S.

Basically the UK has decided that it's fine for police (and rent-a-cops) to rape anyone they like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Don't worry Hollywood, you're not alone: the UK just ruled that sticking a camera up a woman's skirt without her consent is not a crime

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Snowman_McK posted:

He was good in that video game

"BITCH TOOK MY SKULL" is simultaneously the best writing, voice acting and plot in any video game ever

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Moby being a (tiny) huge creep is not surprising. Animal Rights is still a great album though.

But I guess in retrospect an album of Moby doing weird metal songs about how horny he was could've been a bad sign.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I saw a post on Reddit yesterday where someone was defending Bojack Horseman coming within moments of drunkenly having sex with a child, on the basis that the child was sober and had previously tried to kiss him despite Bojack's objections so therefore it was really her fault.

In conclusion, nuke the internet.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

We no joke have probably had 15-20 pages of discussion in the Bojack thread here with like 1 dude who insisted multiple times it wasn’t that bad and “whom among us” and just seemed incapable of recognizing things like age gap, class gap, power dynamics, etc. and just maintained a steady “if she’s down, then she’s down”

Something Awful is as much of a cess pit as the rest of the internet, the sickos are just better at hiding in their own discords then they used to be. If you play games with goons at all you’ll regularly encounter people who still talk like it’s Halo team speak in 2002.

I must've missed that in the Bojack thread. At least it sounds like it was one nonce getting dogpiled rather than the other way round.

I don't doubt there are a lot of weirdo gamer goons, but I used to play a lot of Destiny and Diablo 3 with goons and only ever had positive experiences with cool guys. Which was nice, because most of the time that I've interacted with randoms in games it's a string of racial slurs punctuated with poo poo about how they 'raped' someone in a game. I pretty much exclusively just play with real life friends nowadays.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

CPL593H posted:

That's my point. He wasn't just being a pedo, he was doing it THE GAY WAY.

When the news about Rolf Harris broke, my boss at the time asked "was it girls or boys?" I replied girls, to which he said "oh that's not quite as bad then". Several of my colleagues and I collectively lost our poo poo.

It's insane how common this mindset is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Like James Cameron films have absolutely poo poo loads of shots of feet, more than Tarantino even, but they're not fetishised.