Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

What's the connection between Jussie and the dudes? Is there evidence they are acquaintances/met before the incident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Lol dude is going to drag this out in court. Maybe Jussie is a double agent :ninja: :tinfoil:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Lol it was about money.

Jussie Smollett: Empire star 'staged hoax attack over salary' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47311145

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Those are such boring reasons. Bring on the tinfoil.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

My hot take is that everyone has been radicalized by trump. Both for and against.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

All he has to do is say Trump brainwashed him.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Alan Smithee posted:

centrists are conservatives :ssh:

Iím not wrong tho

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Isnít Chicago supposed to be a progressive city? :shrug:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Slutitution posted:

At least we got to see Jussie Smollett get literally skull-hosed by a xenomorph before he destroyed his career.

Lol didnít even realize he was a red shirt on that movie.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Where was Kevin Hart? I didn't watch.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Nm

Emma Thompson != Emma Watson

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

They should make an app that uses GPS to tell the user what the legal consent age is at the current location for celebrities like Drake who travels a lot.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

But is it more progressive to have a higher age or lower age :thunk:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Bust Rodd posted:

Half your age + 7 is the best rule for dating as an adult in terms of weirdness.

Gets weird when you're really old.

Half your age + 8 rounded down or 21 whichever is lower.

14/15 <- Gets inverted here too
16/16
18/17
20/18
21/18
22/19
24/20
26/21

After 26 you can sex up anyone 21 or older.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Lol Europe.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Go directly to jail for sexing someone 1-day younger than you :smugdog:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Way to oversimplify Gandolf. Studios need to sign off on hundreds of millions of dollars and years of production time before anyone can even decide on (refusing to) buying a ticket. Best let the lawyers and actuaries decide their fate :eng101:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Social media is going to own so many people in the facebook generation.

Like if you sent a video of getting a BJ to the baseball team in high school, good luck with trying to do anything with your life other than middle management in a company nobody cares about.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Does he now get to cry wolf in prison?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

quote:

"Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. The entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion."

Just lol

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

This is going to break a lot of brains today on social media but if only you can break a brain so much that it becomes fixed.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I like how the legal team is spinning this as total innocence even tho they don't deny that the MAGA brothers did it. Chud logic.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

DrVenkman posted:

Well hang on, didn't Smollets team essentially agree that it was the two brothers who did it but their denial was that he paid them to? We know who did it, it's just a case of why.

The 2 brothers were undercover cops.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

ImpAtom posted:

I mean I think the one thing you can say 100% without argument is that the CPD hosed up super bad somewhere along the line, bad enough that national embarrassment is better than whatever the hell they screwed up.

There's no way they can bury it tho in today's zeitgeist so they're going to eat it both ways and so will Jussie.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

DeimosRising posted:

I didnít watch the video but she didnít say she sexually assaulted them right? She did what ye olde timey prostitutes called slipping them a Mickey. Thatís just a mugging

The litmus test is if its still a mugging if a man did it.

e: if a man client is a 'John', what's a woman client called? Also a 'John'?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Catfishenfuego posted:

If a guy drugged me, didn't sexually assault me but stole my wallet that would be a mugging yes.

Even if it was in a hotel room and the last thing you remember is wanting to sex the dude? And maybe you wake up naked?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ok so if Cardi drugged/robbed someone after sexing them is it still a mugging?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Krankenstyle posted:

Being "proven innocent" is not a thing.

It is on the internet. Do you think that's air you're breathing?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Let me get this right.

The 2 brothers are not real MAGA men. Jussie did not pay or instruct them to assault him either. So...real MAGA men inside the CPD coerced them to do it in order to frame Jussie and discredit anti MAGAs?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Rhyno posted:

There's now people claiming the brothers wore white masks.

Wait the Waynes brothers did it?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Rhyno posted:

Oh I'm aware of that, I just saw some idiots on Facebook claiming they were wearing white-people masks.

It's not impossible. Especially if they went to a makeup store. :biglips:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Lol I thought Smollett's lawyer was black this whole time.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Too bad Cosby couldn't play the Jussie Smollett card but R Kelly gets to. Luck of the draw I guess.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Did I miss something? Is Leo getting metooíd?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

What exactly happened with Tim Allen if anything? I guess itís fine since Pixar is doing another Toy Story.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

thrawn527 posted:

Something new? I know he dealt cocaine forever ago. But I havenít heard anything about him being a sex pest. Though it would be the least surprising news ever.

I just remember him being in the news a while ago. I just assume anything in the last few years is 90% chance of sexpest but that must be it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

So does Heard need to give back the $7mil she got through the divorce? Surely she has some stash from Auqaman but def not nearly $7mil.