Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I think it’s seriously more batshit to think these aren’t carefully planned and executed publicity stunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

O'Reilly I think this is plausible for, though still tenuous

CK loving went outside and this is being taken as evidence he's making a comeback

Seems kinda disingenuous to focus on that and not the part where his publicist is managing to get some redemption narrative pieces published

Edit: but also, seriously lol at the idea that a publicist doesn’t approve anything C.K. does in public, including taking walks with friends

Hawkperson fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 21, 2018

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Yiiiiiikes.

As we all know, if you're able to live any sort of life after trauma, it means that nothing really happened

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

kaworu posted:

Obviously I feel very differently about people who just like to work with kids, or teach things like art/music/literature/liberal arts from the point of view of furthering education. Tough to do that in public schools these days since they seem to be focused on teaching children to follow the rules and then teaching them how much trouble they get in depending on which rules they break, and so on. The majority of teachers I knew couldn't have cared less about actually teaching unless their class was being observed by a superior or it was for a standardized test which would reflect on the teacher in question. It's not even that all are pedos, most are just sadists or the type that likes any job where they get to tell people beneath them what to do and get called "sir" all day long. Teaching, sadly, is no longer the sacred trust it once was.

Of course, pay no attention to this if you're rich enough to privately school/socialize your child one way or another, or just live in an area heavily gentrified enough that the state is obligated to actually fund the schools properly for fear of bad publicity.

Again, exceptions to every rule, and to be fair the good teachers I've met aren't just good, they're practically SAINTS. But they're few and far between.

Hey bud, come talk to us in the teacher thread instead of in some random thread where calling you out on your lovely opinions would derail the actual point of the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563040 We're all on Spring Break anyway and need something to do.