Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Some Guy TT posted:

This bit confuses me too. I can't figure out why she didn't just leave. There's no indication he was using any kind of coercion, physical or emotional, to keep her there. Did she really think the date was going to be salvageable, or that she'd have any interest in a second one after the way he was behaving? I find the whole thing unfathomable really, because I'd never treat a woman like that, and if I did, I would fully expect her to tell me to go gently caress myself and march out the door.

According to the Babe.net article they had been texting/flirting for at least a week prior to the date. Perhaps he came across as a completely different person in text form.

I have a friend who went on a date with a guy after she had been flirting via text, and she said the actual date was not anything like how he had come across before hand and she felt really nauseous being there. According to her he had no idea and thought the date was going well.

Then she felt worse during the date. She told me that she had started to blame herself for feeling uneasy after all the texting. Her own words were that she thought she had been 'leading him on'.

It is honestly awful that she felt she had no choice to leave the date and she victim blamed herself for fear that she was going to look bad for making a different decision. I wonder if Grace was feeling a similar sort of guilt about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

PriorMarcus posted:

I was referring to his friend who left a date because it wasn't going well, not Grace who definitely was a victim.

Maybe Graham Norton would've understood.

Ah that is what I was getting at. My friend did not leave the date. She remained the whole way through and had to prevent him repeatedly trying to kiss her.

Luckily she did not go any further but the stories had a similar beginning I felt.