Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

DrVenkman posted:

so you really have to wonder why Fox would want to work with him again.

X-men Apocalypse

Budget: 178 million USD

Box office: 543.9 million USD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

porfiria posted:

drat, I thought Pam Anderson was hyper-woke...

She willingly dated and was married to Kid Rock.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I remember reading in that article that someone finally convinced Depp to sell some of his many houses and he put one up for sale and his daughter called him crying because he was going to sell the estate where she was born, so he pulled the listing. Smart man.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Bust Rodd posted:

Wasn’t the Hardwick stuff just the one accusation from his ex-girlfriend and then some staff left when the AMC and Nerdist investigations concluded that there was nothing to punish?

The legal firm AMC hired to investigate him has previously represented the Hearst corporation. Hardwick is married to Lydia Hearst. Draw your own conclusions.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
The scene with the bugs still makes me queasy.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
But Jeff Bezos donated 0.003% of his $123 billion net worth to a charity his company runs, he should be praised!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The guy was buying the kind of six-figures-a-case wines that other rich people use as an investment asset and just shotgunning them instead of saving them, there was a bleakly hilarious line in that rolling stone article of his accountant being equal parts mystified, horrified, and angered by him doing it

The Rolling Stone article ends with his accountant convincing him to finally sell one of the multiple estates he owns and only visits twice a year. Then a few days later Depp received a phone call from his daughter who found out he was trying to sell the house she was born in and begged him not to, so he pulled the listing. He doesn't seem like a guy who makes very good decisions.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Man with four Oscars and a 60 year career is not "Hollywood people"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
From personal experience I worked with and was friendly with a guy for a number of years and then it came out he was a convicted pedophile and was abusing a kid again. No one suspected and in retrospect there were things he said and did that made it more obvious something was up but it's real easy to not see signs when you're not looking for them.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Bill Cosby has been granted an appeal by the Pennsylvania Supreme court and his scumbag lawyer is still out there with the same song and dance about his rapist client being the victim of a conspiracy because he's a wealthy black man. My wife has been raging all afternoon.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

HopperUK posted:

Does she always or just in the time of COVID?

e: the number of men in the comments of that all 'but I only gave compliments! Women like that!' and ignoring everyone telling them to gently caress off.

Ah the Cuomo defense.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Never underestimate the ability of mediocre white men to bounce back with enough time.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Based on the other quotes I assume the story goes that he left the party early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

LionArcher posted:

https://twitter.com/sunflxwervolsix/status/1518706417548640256?s=20&t=cu4gswX1MGe_61VlwCzW5g

from what I can tell (I've watched Hassan's coverage of the trail) she is clearly a terrible person you would never want to date. But, Depp could easily have also been lovely to her. If both parties are abusive, what's the discussion around that lead? Don't hurt either career, but date at your own risk?

I thought this tweet was saying the lawyer objecting to a question Depp asked, not the question the lawyer himself asked. Also lol at the witnesses "but you asked the question" response to the objection