Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Rhyno posted:

I had to institute hygiene bans during FNM because certain players would show up and use their stink as a tactical advantage.

I was at a science fiction convention, where the organisers gently suggested people follow the 5-2-1 rule: get at least 5 hours of sleep a night, eat at least twice a day, wash at least once a day.

Massive backlash. People accused them of being ableist, trying to control people, trying to reduce con expenses, "if I want to stay up the whole con, that's what imma gonna do", "I'm too poor to eat twice a day" ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
Didn't WOTC start as a fairly hobbyist, ignore-the-rules sort of company? I have a dim memory that their early leadership were poly and/or employed a lot of friends and partners.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

the funny thing is i've literally not listened to his music once. There's a chance it was on when I walked around a CVS or waited for a table at the Cheesecake Factory but I wouldn't know it if I did. I just think of Summer of 69 and the Robin Hood '91 song when his name comes up

Ryan Adams was huge in the alt.country scene early in the 2000s. He was omnipresent, partly because he was so prolific, tending to put out two albums a year. But outside of alt.country, most of his fame is through Mandy Moore and Taylor Swift.