Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Week 10 has been a fun one! Iowa shelled Ohio State so completely I lost interest in watching the final quarter. After a weather delay so long you could have fit another game in it, Michigan State beat Penn State on a last-second field goal. Unless that game was BEDLAM, which had almost 1400 yards of offense. Clemson squeaked out a win over NC State, Army ran the ball to victory, Arkansas needed to comeback against Costal Carolina, and the night shift is still going on.

In bigger picture news, the Big 10 is looking at the Wisconsin Badgers as their only playoff hopeful and Georgia clinched the SEC East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/unlvfootball/status/926989392954081280

A cool and good win

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THE LORDS OF OVERTIME BABY

quote:

Northwestern is affectionately referred to by its fans as the "Cardiac 'Cats." This year's team is doing its best to live up to that nickname.

Northwestern beat Nebraska 31-24 in overtime, marking the third straight game the Wildcats have won in overtime. It is the first time in FBS history that a team has won three straight overtime games.

gently caress your Regulation Time. The Mighty Wildcat is going bowling.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Man of all weeks to miss watching the Iowa game. Heard the score was 55-24 and assumed OSU won. LAFFO what the gently caress was that Iowa team today.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
It was really nice to thump Indiana, even after spotting them 10 points. There were some head-scratching play calls until the touchdown toss to our fullback off play action, then the flood gates really opened. But before that, there was a 3rd down when Indiana rushed 6, and we had no checkdown / hot route to let Alex make an easy throw. Just awful. I think Chryst and Joe Rudolph are sticking too close to their first scripted plays, although scripting Hornibrook's dumb pick right away helped. You could tell he really got comfortable after he tossed that one away. Defense was stout, limiting yards per play and getting a few takeaways, many of which fell into the hands of Barry Alvarez's grandson. Thanks nepotism! Most of the injuries on Monday's report cleared up, but Orr and Cephus will be on it this week. Loosing Cephus for any length of time is a massive blow, as he's become the most reliable pass catcher in the offense.

Now we play a team that thumped a drat juggernaut in a rivalry where the road team's won since 2008. Yay.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

R.D. Mangles posted:

THE LORDS OF OVERTIME BABY

gently caress your Regulation Time. The Mighty Wildcat is going bowling.

You guys have transitively beat OSU and PSU. I think that means you win the Big Ten.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Florida transitioned to the Randy Shannon experience and it was everything I expected it to be.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chump Farts posted:

You guys have transitively beat OSU and PSU. I think that means you win the Big Ten.

PUT THE 'CATS IN THE PLAYOFF PAWL

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Well at least OSU won't have to get shellacked by Clemson again this year.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

OSU and Penn State owe Northwestern a debt of gratitude because without them Michigan State would probably be the team from the East.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State lost, which sucks. But a couple of minutes in to the game it looked like the wheels had totally come off for the season. Instead the team rallied and even though they came up short they didn't let anything get out of hand and almost came back for the win. So on to next week.

Also this happened.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolISU/status/926942867964268545

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

OSU and Penn State owe Northwestern a debt of gratitude because without them Michigan State would probably be the team from the East.

we ARE that team if we beat OSU, but Northwestern will keep us out of the playoffs, and for that, the world is thankful

ban the big ten from the playoffs, imo

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Florida trolled itself during the Missouri disaster.

https://twitter.com/FloridaGators/status/926877085183954944

(I think it came just after halftime, before it had fallen into utter chaos.)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Getting Ennui Husky this week kinda takes the pain away.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Florida trolled itself during the Missouri disaster.

https://twitter.com/FloridaGators/status/926877085183954944

(I think it came just after halftime, before it had fallen into utter chaos.)

Is this from the athletic department? drat, accurate, but there must be some really bad blood between the athletic department and MacElwain's staff.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Wrong thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern was 10 points away from single-handedly ruining the entire big ten's playoff chances

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Today was probably the worst I've seen Georgia Tech play against an unranked team since, uh, the last time we lost to UVA, two years ago.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern was 10 points away from single-handedly ruining the entire big ten's playoff chances

if the committee continues to hate wisconsin, it may happen anyway

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pakled posted:

Today was probably the worst I've seen Georgia Tech play against an unranked team since, uh, the last time we lost to UVA, two years ago.

curse of charlottesville

can't overcome 3,000 screaming fans

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Points allowed to Iowa in conference play:

Penn State: 19
Michigan State: 10
Northwestern: 10
Minnesota: 17
Ohio State: 55????????????

Nothing about that game made any sense at all. I’ve thought this offense was better than it was playing and pretty close to being at least decent for a lot of this season (mostly by playing just a little bit better up front and not dropping so many passes) but I never could have imagined just straight kicking the poo poo out of Ohio State, a team Iowa has beaten 15 times since 1922. Easily one of the most amazing wins in program history.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FizFashizzle posted:

curse of charlottesville

can't overcome 3,000 screaming fans

Probably half that number today cause it was raining.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

God dammit GT. I want you to win one goddamn game.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh also

THE LONGSNAPPER CAUGHT A PASS FROM THE PUNTER I SHOULD NEVER WATCH FOOTBALL AGAIN

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

MourningView posted:

Points allowed to Iowa in conference play:

Penn State: 19
Michigan State: 10
Northwestern: 10
Minnesota: 17
Ohio State: 55????????????

Nothing about that game made any sense at all. I’ve thought this offense was better than it was playing and pretty close to being at least decent for a lot of this season (mostly by playing just a little bit better up front and not dropping so many passes) but I never could have imagined just straight kicking the poo poo out of Ohio State, a team Iowa has beaten 15 times since 1922. Easily one of the most amazing wins in program history.

glad y'all are going bowling by destroying ohio state so thoroughly

it was beautiful

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
NFL Teammates:

https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/926991663054118913

https://twitter.com/__taylordecker/status/927004842505142272

https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/927005061640802304

https://twitter.com/__taylordecker/status/927005465736826880

https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/927006235030900736

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I just watched the Bedlam highlights. Boomer Sooner and all, but my main takeaway is that Gus Johnson was born to call that game.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Tim Beck should be fired and anyone donating to the athletic program should withhold it until he is thrown out on his rear end in the loving desert

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zoran posted:

I just watched the Bedlam highlights. Boomer Sooner and all, but my main takeaway is that Gus Johnson was born to call that game.

A game in which 114 points are scored is definitely Gus Johnson's jam.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sparty has a real chance to go 10-2 or 9-3, and is somehow in contention to make the conference championship game and possibly the Rose Bowl. Given everything that happened last year and in the offseason I still don't quite believe it. The passing game is finally coming together and the defense looks much more like a typical Dantonio defense.

Despite Iowa pushing their poo poo in today, @OSU next week is gonna be a tough one.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp
hey guys good evening hope you're having a cool night gently caress Ohio State

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
The Tard Brigade rides strong

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Beating the 'Pokes is so satisfying

Beating Texas is great. Texas is a great program, and even when they're down, it's still Texas. When Texas fans are lovely and salty, it's alright--they've earned it. It's fun. Both programs have their moments, and when it's not yours, it sucks, but it's okay. There's always next year.

Oklahoma State hasn't earned poo poo, and I love when their hopes and dreams are utterly destroyed. T. Boone and his half-billion dollars still haven't been able to buy anything more than a single Big 12 title.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Zoran posted:

Game owned and was good

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

LLCoolJD posted:

Is this from the athletic department? drat, accurate, but there must be some really bad blood between the athletic department and MacElwain's staff.

It was an official Florida account.

And it's just been deleted.

Can't find a backup of the image right now, but it's a gif of Leslie Nielsen's Frank Drebin saying "Nothing to see here" in the middle of an explosion.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Will Muschamp is doing a really good job this season.

East champs with two games to spare. drat, UGA.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Miami won a big game on national tv.

Holy poo poo!!!!!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheBizzness posted:

Miami won a big game on national tv.

Holy poo poo!!!!!

I think because they won it doesn’t count as a big game anymore