Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Imagine being a Penn State fan lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Imagine being a Penn State fan lmao

It's not so bad. In fact it's a lot better than being a fan of a great majority of the other teams in the country.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is a rather insane assumption.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sparty Yes.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is a rather insane assumption.

Yeah, considering the majority of schools don't have the "legacies" of Paterno and Sandusky looming over their recent history.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zerilan posted:

Yeah, considering the majority of schools don't have the "legacies" of Paterno and Sandusky looming over their recent history.

Well that and for most of the people this would apply to Penn State has at best been okay.

They are a middling school through and through.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU ran for 554 yards tonight.

I felt really bad for SJSU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

a neat cape posted:

SDSU ran for 554 yards tonight.

I felt really bad for SJSU

Good lord only 7 passing attempts :stare: there's not a single part of that box score that doesn't scream rear end-kicking

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well that and for most of the people this would apply to Penn State has at best been okay.

They are a middling school through and through.

Yeah, their last national title was almost a year before I was born.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roasted Donut posted:

It's not so bad. In fact it's a lot better than being a fan of a great majority of the other teams in the country.

:wtc:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Baylor didn’t lose.

A bad day.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
The ESPN narrative is that Iowa ruined their own conference's playoff chances is dumb as gently caress. Yesterday owned and I will always root for OSU going down in flames.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

A) I think South Carolina is actually a pretty good football team

B) lmbo Penn State and Ohio State

Chump Farts posted:

The ESPN narrative is that Iowa ruined their own conference's playoff chances is dumb as gently caress. Yesterday owned and I will always root for OSU going down in flames.

C) To hell with conference solidarity

D) Them Dawgs is hell.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Butch Jones and Co. beat Southern Miss. Long live Butch Jones. And Barry Odom, too.

:stare:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Like, this shouldn't be new to anything on the internet, but please don't read the comments :smith:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Alabama won ugly but I don’t remember most of it as we were doing moonshine shots

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I wish Trace McSorley was a senior. We need a different quarterback. Or maybe we need a different OC.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Komet posted:

I wish Trace McSorley was a senior. We need a different quarterback. Or maybe we need a different OC.

You're lucky you even have a program.

Also, Trace is the reason you won the Big Ten last year and held on to lose at the last second at the Rose Bowl.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

iospace posted:

You're lucky you even have a program.

Also, Trace is the reason you won the Big Ten last year and held on to lose at the last second at the Rose Bowl.

That was last year, and this is this year. He's taken a huge step back, so it's hard to see him bouncing back next year

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Emron posted:

Alabama won ugly but I don’t remember most of it as we were doing moonshine shots

Alabama was never not in control of the game.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

That sounds about right

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah. It was a very "Alabama" type of win.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

A.o.D. posted:

I think LSU had a real chance there, but I still can't fathom what the hell they were doing on the final drive of the first half. With 2:52 (thereabout) before halftime, and they've got the ball to start the second half, and they basically conceded that possession to get to the half? Take a shot or two. Run a gimmick play. Something.

Weird game. You're right, Bama was never not in control, but the LSU coaching staff seemed to refuse to put the players in a position to seize momentum when they had those chances.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chump Farts posted:

They probably did and it rules, I hope they put the final nail in the coffin next week

Komet posted:

It’s the offensive line

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah I said this last night but LSU always seemed like, one or two plays from blowing it open but also seemed to be ha going on for dear life at the same time

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chump Farts posted:

Conference solidarity is for dipshits

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

KKKLIP ART posted:

D) Them Dawgs is hell.

Don't they?

But really, can they take Alabama in Atlanta?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Chump Farts posted:

Don't they?

But really, can they take Alabama in Atlanta?

Atlanta, as neutral of a site for UGA as Lambeau is for Wisconsin.

So they'll have the crowd on their side anyway, but who knows.

Also the Chik-Fil-A will be open.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

iospace posted:

Between Alabama’s ticket allotment and the relatively easy drive from Tuscaloosa I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Doronin posted:

Weird game. You're right, Bama was never not in control, but the LSU coaching staff seemed to refuse to put the players in a position to seize momentum when they had those chances.

What else is new?

I wonder what will happen to the rankings...especially re: Oklahoma's defense. They do not deserve to move into the top 5 with that garbage showing, but probably will anyway.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Shane Buechele 21/44

yep nothing at all wrong here folks move along

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I was at the 2012 game and from what I remember it was pretty split. Maybe a slight edge to UGA.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

Atlanta has SEC fans from everywhere and Bama always fills it, I doubt it’ll be that big a difference

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I think UGAs run defense can make Hurts have to throw the ball to win the game, but the same could be said for Alabama against Fromm. I haven’t watched enough of Alabama to k ow where UGA could poke holes in their defense. Could be a tight game could be a blowout.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

It’s the offensive line

Yeah. They're not improving or even staying the same. McSorley has to throw almost immediately and Barkley is getting swarmed like the defense picked the same play in Tecmo Super Bowl.
Defense isn't helping much at all right now either. As cliche as it sounds, that was the stupidest penalty at the end yesterday. Yes, the offense has stalled out in the fourth quarter twice in a row, but geez Ohio State and Michigan State could do whatever they want in the fourth on offense.

I just hope they can limp to a 10-2 finish at this point. I'm quite disappointed with how things turned out after the first half of the season.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

GobiasIndustries posted:

I hope Miami fucks Notre Dame up.

Inshallah. gently caress Notre Dame forever.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I was pleased to see Michigan State hand another defeat to Penn State, the school that facilitated the rape of children.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Was at Kinnick last night, still can't believe what happened.

They were much faster clearing us off the field than they were last year with Michigan. Personal highlight you wouldn't get at home was the announcer's voice being scratchy at the end from yelling and him laughing as he announced the turnover on downs from the ridiculous fake punt run.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Amen.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Was at Kinnick last night, still can't believe what happened.

They were much faster clearing us off the field than they were last year with Michigan. Personal highlight you wouldn't get at home was the announcer's voice being scratchy at the end from yelling and him laughing as he announced the turnover on downs from the ridiculous fake punt run.

That sounds like a blast, especially with the announcer. I'm that in itself was a bit demoralizing to OSU. I have to get out there next year.

Also,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I hope my hated rival wins so I can root for them in the playoffs!

• Locked thread