Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
http://www.level3isnowcenturylink.com/en/

dehumanize yourself and face to bell system part 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
Hey what's up with this fuckin Century Lunk (typo, keeping it) because its stock price is costing me bigtime here. Do they suck or what.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Suck a Dick No Homo posted:

Hey what's up with this fuckin Century Lunk (typo, keeping it) because its stock price is costing me bigtime here. Do they suck or what.

they suck here and theyre really pushing the ads to get people to switch

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

what is level 3 what is century link and why would anyone care?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i do wonder why this matters to me as some nobody posting on a dead internet forum, yes

is one company any worse than the other wrt internet backbones

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DigitalScofflaw/status/927612084816433153

https://twitter.com/k0an/status/927609109825724416

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lol everything went as planned

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
i cant wait to deal with the hordes of bangladeshi customers who are angry about this and claim that their pirated voip software stopped working because fo this, and we have to adjust the routes and go back to level3

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

du -hast posted:

i cant wait to deal with the hordes of bangladeshi customers who are angry about this and claim that their pirated voip software stopped working because fo this, and we have to adjust the routes and go back to level3

do the needful

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I wonder what new and interesting ways they will come up with to break the gently caress out of the internet

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wow. just wow

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bgpwned

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I wonder what new and interesting ways they will come up with to break the gently caress out of the internet

apparently comcast has been testing throttling youtube and some other sites in anticipation of dead-net neutrality

like people have reported them going at like 10kbps and then getting on a vpn and going zippityfast (this was over the weekenda nd before the whole L3 thing)

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Xaris posted:

apparently comcast has been testing throttling youtube and some other sites in anticipation of dead-net neutrality

like people have reported them going at like 10kbps and then getting on a vpn and going zippityfast (this was over the weekenda nd before the whole L3 thing)

That can just as easily come from congested routes and standard fuckups. If Comcast is going to do some kind of packet shaping I would expect them to throttle it down to maybe 1mbit so HD streams don't work right but SD does and then implement some kind of HD video add-on to their internet service. Completely killing the link doesn't make sense from a business standpoint

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

That can just as easily come from congested routes and standard fuckups. If Comcast is going to do some kind of packet shaping I would expect them to throttle it down to maybe 1mbit so HD streams don't work right but SD does and then implement some kind of HD video add-on to their internet service. Completely killing the link doesn't make sense from a business standpoint

when the only alternative to comcast is 10 GB of hughes net for 50 bucks, killing youtube entirely and then adding it back as a 20/mo upgrade makes big league sense.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
don't let your kids grow up to care about internet service providers.

the fiber man is coming to my house on saturday morning and anything greater than a complete fuckup will leave me delighted with the service.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Xaris posted:

this happens today.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

an auspicious start to century link's new responsibilities. so what exactly happened yesterday?

Kashekya
Dec 11, 2003

Pillbug
As someone deeply involved with both L3 and CTL on the enterprise level lmbo at this entire thing. I was also around for the L3 buyout of Global Crossing and the subsequent merger of those 2 networks, it was a complete shitshow. I am expecting nothing less from the CTL and L3 network merger.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

19th century link

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

i used to work right across the railroad tracks from level 3.
i enjoyed looking at the giant forest of huge satellite dishes when i walked down the tracks into the kudzu jungle to get high at lunch and then back down them to get two hotdogs and a redbull at the QT.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

just wanted to mention the anus logo is the best representation of merging telecoms

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

dkj posted:

they were the two remaining internet backbone companies in the united states

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Xaris posted:

extremely stupid people who don't know anything posted a lot of conspiracy theories about it on the internet but it was absolutely a typical internet fuckup.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Bloody posted:

extremely stupid people who don't know anything posted a lot of conspiracy theories about it on the internet but it was absolutely a typical internet fuckup.

you will know when it is a real conspiracy and not merely a fuckup, because Comcast will tell you. over and over. by every available medium.

endless phone calls, flyers, tv spots, and canvassing to get you to choose from their many exciting new content plans

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
level 3 sucks

everytime there is packet loss or a ping spike with our any of our 20+ video conferencing units across north america it's a level 3 router loving up in the mtr traceroute

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
fun fact: centurylink is based out of louisiana and is super conservative, so much so that they make their employees save vacation time to take good friday off every year

it's not a company holiday, you have to use your own vacation time

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/735126898557222916

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Wtf

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

What do you find confusing?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
hey guys i just had some downtime (ha ha!) to do some work on my standup routine. hope you like it because either way we'll all be dead one day and nothing matters.

i heard century link sucks dog dicks so hard the dog has to go to the vet

i heard ted centurylink once tried to rape and murder a series of teenage girls, but he failed at peering

i was over at the home depot the other day and there was a ratty pickup truck with tinted windows circling the lot looking for any mexicans that knew BGP

i heard century link tried to diversify their business into euthanizing dogs at the vet but they had to stop because the guy they hired got a boner so big he couldn't reach the death machine's on switch anymore

centurylink has terrible downlink performance in new england because none of their linesmen are allowed within 500 feet of a farm

how do you know when your centurylink installer is in town? megan's law

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

angry_keebler posted:

when the only alternative to comcast is 10 GB of hughes net for 50 bucks, killing youtube entirely and then adding it back as a 20/mo upgrade makes big league sense.

there's a company that will sell you a router that they re-flashed with their software which reads your Netflix queue and caches what's in it between 3 and 6 AM when the connection is unmetered.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Cox cut the monthly data cap from 2TB to 1TB a month but was kind enough to allow you to pay another $50 per month for unlimited data.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I am literally across the street from my neighborhood's Verizon CO but I can't get FiOS because reasons.

If I strung an ethernet cable across the road it would be in spec.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

I am literally across the street from my neighborhood's Verizon CO but I can't get FiOS because reasons.

If I strung an ethernet cable across the road it would be in spec.

the needful... must be done

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
for science!! :science:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
more like last century link by the speeds im getting1! yikes!! *clown toots* *pants fall down*

Bazinga!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Smythe posted:

the needful... must be done

literally talked about helping a buddy lay cable because hes rural and they stopped just down the road a neighbor away

• Locked thread