Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

dkj posted:

what is level 3 what is century link and why would anyone care?

they were the two remaining internet backbone companies in the united states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Bloody posted:

extremely stupid people who don't know anything posted a lot of conspiracy theories about it on the internet but it was absolutely a typical internet fuckup.

you will know when it is a real conspiracy and not merely a fuckup, because Comcast will tell you. over and over. by every available medium.

endless phone calls, flyers, tv spots, and canvassing to get you to choose from their many exciting new content plans

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jimmy Carter posted:

I am literally across the street from my neighborhood's Verizon CO but I can't get FiOS because reasons.

If I strung an ethernet cable across the road it would be in spec.

the reason is that verizon has decided telecom is a terrible business, and wireless is more profitable. fios rollouts have stopped dead, and vzt is working very hard on crushing their unions. it's unlikely you will ever get fios, because that would require them to pay a union employee to visit your home and perform work.

verizon won't let go of that business, though. they want to hold onto the legacy telecom business for all the easements and poo poo to make wireless backhaul easier. the entire vzt division is there to make sure they can put up cellphone antennas more easily lol

• Locked thread