Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
don't let your kids grow up to care about internet service providers.

the fiber man is coming to my house on saturday morning and anything greater than a complete fuckup will leave me delighted with the service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

the fiber man came yesterday and we low key flirted while he was working in the basement

it took all day but now i have all the internet

which is super excessive because it isn't like I torrent linux isos anymore.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

The_Franz posted:

the fiber man is coming tomorrow morning

1000/1000 is probably a bit excessive tbqh, but at&t meters anything slower. gonna be nice finally having real upload speeds.

i'm sure it's just a coincidence that the cable company announced that they are going to be rolling out gigabit in the area via docsis 3.1 just after at&t lit up the fiber, but given their current pricing it will probably cost a lot more than the gigabit fiber through ma bell and will be some lopsided 1000/35 nonsense like other areas which already have it.

I've highest tier of copper through the last two upgrades, but this was the first time they sent me a promo on the fiber that made it worth it to me to sit around for a saturday and actually get installed.

• Locked thread