Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I wonder what new and interesting ways they will come up with to break the gently caress out of the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

apparently comcast has been testing throttling youtube and some other sites in anticipation of dead-net neutrality

like people have reported them going at like 10kbps and then getting on a vpn and going zippityfast (this was over the weekenda nd before the whole L3 thing)

That can just as easily come from congested routes and standard fuckups. If Comcast is going to do some kind of packet shaping I would expect them to throttle it down to maybe 1mbit so HD streams don't work right but SD does and then implement some kind of HD video add-on to their internet service. Completely killing the link doesn't make sense from a business standpoint

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Are they loving up again? I'm getting TTL expired on a bunch of IPv6 traffic to google

• Locked thread