Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

It's a pretty ordinary day in Halcyon City. Last night's rain has given way to clear skies, and for the moment, things are peaceful. That, of course, is about to change.

In-Gram Labs is one of Halcyon City's newer companies. Located in a small office building near the fringes of the city, it has no super-scientists or grand discoveries to its name. All in all, In-Gram Labs has kept a low profile and kept itself off the radar. At least, that's what they thought.

A sudden explosion blows out the windows, sending smoke and shards of glass flying into the street. The two security guards at the door lie unconscious and bleeding, but they'll probably live. They aren't the target. Inside the building, the source of the explosion walks calmly down the hallway. It's a young woman, a little-known supervillain who calls herself C4. A flick of her wrist, and another explosion takes out a reinforced door. It's not hard to see where she gets her name.

Past the remains of the door, a group of scientists huddle in front of another door, this one made of reinforced steel. Despite their fear, they refuse to move, but C4 remains unimpressed. "Aw, trying to stop me? Got news for ya, chumps: a human body's pretty soft. So, I hope you enjoyed your lives..." These people are about to die! Unless... a hero suddenly arrives on the scene!

Amazing Amazon, you seem like a good choice. Write me a dramatic intro; you should probably roll to defend someone while you're at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Grandma is always reminding me about the importance of keeping up good public relations with the people of Halcyon City and to remind them that the Amazing Amazon, that I'm, here. So when the explosion goes off during our night on patrol, I'd fallen a bit behind staying to talk with the owner of a small corner-store and buying a Cackles(R) candy bar with some pocket money to eat as I go. The whole store shakes, candy, chips and bottles of soda rattling on the shelves, and a magazine stand sways and starts to fall. Reaching out, I catch it and push it back up, "got to run, Duty Calls!" Tossing a few bills on the counter (way more than it cost) I grab the bar and stuff it into a pocket as I run out the door. Standing in the street, I look around, scanning over the rooftops and - there! Smoking rising.

I might not have managed the super-speed of my predecessors yet, but that doesn't mean I don't have mobility options. Placing my shield Aegis on the ground, I position myself on it and kick off, activating it's Reflection at the same time, rocketing myself up into the air in a ruby and gold streak. I recall it with a wave of my hand so it flies back to me at the height of the jump and turn gracefully in midair, angling towards the smoking entrance of In-Gram Labs. Bunching my legs up beneath me, I put Aegis beneath my feet and repel myself again so I land with a crunch of concrete just at the door of the lab. Unconscious guards, and the explosion that took the door out was angled in, so this isn't a lab accident, someone is attacking the place. Catching my shield on my upraised arm as it spins back down to me, I step carefully past them and hurry down the hallway.

"Why not try a Hero's body then? We're a lot tougher!" It's not a great line, but I had to improvise! With her so close to the scientists at the end of the hall, I can't get between them before she'll have a chance to attack again, probably with another explosion based on the wreckage I passed coming in. Hoping to draw her attention off of them and onto me, I sling my shield like a discus at her. Come on, I'm wide open, take a shot! And not at them!

quote:

@Amazing Amazon (godfish): 2d6+2 defend the scientists! = (3+1)+2 = 6

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Well, that's a failed roll. At least you get to mark potential.

Amazing Amazon's words reach the woman a bit too late: she turns to see who's talking, but by that time she's already started her throw. The object leaves her hand and bounces a short distance before detonating. It's a bit off-target, so the scientists aren't caught in the blast's center, but they are at the periphery, and suffer from both explosive burns and falling rubble from the ceiling. The woman herself doesn't seem to care, or even notice. "Hah! So, someone's come to stop me! Great! Now I can-" she stops short when she sees her opponent. "Oh, just some wannabe kid." She seems to deflate a bit. "Look, kid, just run home. I don't have time to play right now."

Well, that stings. Someone's got to put her in her place - maybe Crackdown or Shining Star? They seem like the types who'd be most bothered by that sentiment. (Both of you can make your own dramatic entrances. I'll even let one of you roll to directly engage a threat by hitting her in her big mouth.)

Jawdins
Sep 9, 2001

Oh! We can't open our eyes, it's too dazzling. Let's take the gorgeous Rainbow back.


Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 Mundane: -1 | Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I'd been sitting on the bleachers at Howe High's baseball field, talking on the phone. Mom was getting on my case again. "No, I can't make it to dinner... we're keeping a lookout... no, not dangerous, I keep telling you... no, that didn't hurt a bit, I've fallen from higher up than that anyway... how's that worse? I told you it doesn't hurt..." Other kids had gathered around me. I was supposed to be showing them how far I can hit a ball, but now they were just staring and starting to snicker. This had gotten embarrassing; it was time to go. I shot the meanest glare I could muster at the most obnoxious one. That shut him up fast. Then the explosion hit. "gotta-go-bye," what a relief to have an excuse to hang up.

Heading for the smoke in the distance, I crouched and ran across the park. Once I got up to speed, I leaped straight toward the smoke, sailing over the park fence, landed on the sidewalk, and leaped to the next block, then the next. When I landed next to the building, I saw the silhouette of Amazing Amazon's costume though the smoking, smoldering breach in the wall, and landed in front of her with a final leap. By the time I arrived, my aura had flared to life, shimmering a pale, orangish-pink reminiscent of a sunset.

I smashed into the ground just as the villainess finished her wisecrack. "But the party's just getting started!", I grinned and dashed toward her, ready to strike a mighty blow.

quote:

@Crackdown (Jawdins): 2d6+2 strike that evil lady! = (2+6)+2 = 10

Full hit! I will impress the baddie and create an opportunity for my allies

quote:

@Crackdown (Jawdins): 2d6 take a powerful blow = (4+2) = 6

Aces! +1 potential

She was readying another one of those... bombs? But I caught up with her too fast, and easily knocked her off balance with a blow to her belly. The object fell to the floor and rolled away. No time to check if it's armed. Not wanting to be near it, I grabbed her by the waist and swept her away from it. That's when I noticed Shining Star out on the street. Oh, she'll like this, I thought, and then I hurled the explodey woman back out of the building, toward our ally.

"Star! Batter up!"

Jawdins fucked around with this message at Nov 9, 2017 around 23:25

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: + 3 | Superior: + 0 Mundane: +2 | Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

So, as it turns out, patrolling the city gets a lot harder when you don't have any powers. I can't fly like Imago, I can't run as fast as Annie or Crackdown, I can't boost myself like the Amazing Amazon can, and I don't have any fancy gadgets to help me get around like Panopticon does (I tried using a grappling hook, and uh, let's just say it didn't go all that well for me). All I've got to help me get around... is the bike I've had since middle school. It's not even a cool motorcycle, like the one Alex has, it's just a regular, plain, old bicycle. It's not much, but it'll do for now, I guess.

Whoa! Was that an explosion!? That can't be good! Alright, Claire, you can worry about how un-cool you look later! It's time to be a hero!

I turn around on my bike, and start peddling as fast as I possibly can to the direction of the smoke. When I get close, I park my bike in an alleyway near the lab, grab my staff, and make the rest of the way on foot (I'd do the whole "dramatically jumping off of my bike and do a hero pose" thing, but I'd prooobably end up wrecking my bike if I do that, and I can't really afford a new one). I hear Crackdown call out to me, and when I turn to the direction of his voice, I see him toss the villain he was fighting right at me. I grin, and say, "Got it!" before I go into a batter's stance, holding my staff like a bat, and get myself ready to hit her with my special ☆STAR HOMERUN☆ attack!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Catalyst

I'm running full pelt. Cursing to myself. I don't normally do that. The cursing, I mean. But I got caught a little off guard. I was umm... A little distracted. I was looking at that picture we took. Me and Claire. Her arm over my shoulder. We're both grinning like loons. I had to take so many drugs to not look like I was at deaths door.

I'd been lying in bed. Staring at it. Fantasizing she'd turned to me and kissed me. Then my phone started buzzing. I wasn't even showered! I didn't have a choice. I grabbed by clothes. Threw them on. Jammed a quicksilver down my throat and got running. It's a stupid daydream to have. Imagining her over me. Leaning down to kiss- *CRASH* Ack! Hedge! I spit a leaf out of my mouth. Try to grab at a twig in my hair. But I almost trip. Dammit. I'll deal with it when I get there!

I burst onto the scene. Sparks rising from my boots as I skid to a halt. I see the bomb. I see Claire, standing there. Staff in hand. I've never told her how good she looks in slow motion. But that might all be for naught if she's caught by the blast! I throw myself in front of her. Hand already on an ironskin hypo and a Deployable cover bomb in the other. Ready to inject myself with one. And throw the other to hopefully contain the explosion.

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Catalyst arrives on the scene in time to see Shining Star line up the perfect swing. The villainess has enough presence of mind to curl herself into a ball to minimize the impact, but the power of Crackdown's throw and Shining Star's strike is still results in a pretty painful blow. She bounces away, hits the ground, and rolls a couple of times before coming to a stop.

We'll call this all one attack, but that's good teamwork, so add 1 Team to the pool.

The villain groans. "Damned brats." She pulls herself to her feet. She's a bit shaky, and breathing hard, but still seems battle ready. "You oughtta know: you play with fire..." She plays with something on her wrist, and a series of explosions fires up around the building's sides and back. The sound is deafening, and the damage to the walls means the whole place could come down at any moment.

C4 checks Angry and responds with a condition move.

"Now then, four on one hardly seems fair. Right now you're only seeing one of me, but now?" Her form suddenly blurs, then splits in two. A moment later, each of those splits in two as well, creating four identical villains. "Now," finishes one of them, "you'll C4!" One of the copies makes a dash for the In-Gram building, while the others assume fighting stances.

I guess we may as well bring out our last two heroes. If one of you wants to attempt a move, feel free.

Maleketh fucked around with this message at Nov 7, 2017 around 22:11

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 2


Far above the fighting hovers a familiar figure, the glowing wings being one of the few signs one could use to spot her. Using senses enhanced to superhuman levels, Imago can still see and hear what's going on in the city below. Thus, the sound of explosions immediately caught her attention. Worried, she scanned the surroundings. Her team was already engaging the villain. That was good. But still, something like this meant that she couldn't sit idly by, her full powers were likely needed.

Closing her eyes, she focuses inwardly. Drawing the inner power out, very carefully. As she did so, she began to glow in a rainbow hue, as she always did when charging up However, while her eyes were closed, that didn't mean her other senses were shut off...

And as such, when the series of the explosions hit, it immediately broke her concentration. Because it wasn't the only thing that she heard. Very clearly, she also heard the building itself straining, groaning, very close to being unable to support it's own weight. She didn't have time for this, Imago realized. Imago realized, and panicked for a moment. And that was enough of a distraction for her powers to completely overflow. Instead of a small light in the sky, it was more of a flare.

In this moment, Imago felt like she could move a mountain with her bare hand. She probably, in fact, could. And it would have been great if that was the goal. But it wasn't, and it drove up her panic even further. Still, she had to do something, and as such tried to get to the scene as fast as she could.

The problem? The limit of how fast she could go right now was extremely high. As such, instead of just entering supersonic speed like she had intended, Imago flung herself forward at a speed that was much closer to that of the speed of light.

Her senses accellerated to absurd levels for that moment, Imago had enough time in her mind to worry about what would happen when she hit the pavement. Would she just... go splat? No, she wouldn't. That wasn't how her powers worked, after all. The world is the weaker one, in almost every case - it would be the one to give way. In cases like this... she almost wished it wasn't.

But finally, she hits ground level, announcing her presence with a massive crash as the impact forms a crater far, far greater than any explosion of the villain her teammates were currently fighting would likely be able to cause. The shockwave was yet another thing - would she be the one to collapse the building instead of the villain? It would be very, very possible. But right now, Imago thankfully had other things to worry about.

Thankful that Halcyon's streets are reinforced enough that she didn't simply crash through into the sewers, she finally looked up and faced one of the clones, her words seemingly enhanced by the very air vibrating, seemingly charged by the sheer power being exhibited, completely at odds with the almost beautiful rainbow hues her powers were emitting.

"Please stop!" she begged the three C4's with an extended hand, the worry clear on her face. "What you are doing is extremely reckless! If you don't stop, I'll have to fight you, and I may very well just snap you like a twig on accident!"


quote:

@Imago (Yami Fenrir): 2d6 Imago charges up! And probably explodes = (1+2) = 3

quote:

@Imago (Yami Fenrir): 2d6-2 Imago tries to get C4 to stand down rather ineffectually = (3+1)-2 = 2

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2017 around 16:26

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Danger: +0 | Freak: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Conditions: None | Potential: 0 / 5 | Location: In-Gram Labs

Panopticon felt his stomach try to jump up through his throat as he made the long jump over the edge of the building, seeing nothing but a long fall under him punctuated by the tops of cars a good twenty stories below. As the wind rushed past him, he vanished in a flicker of blue light, a handful of tiny motes of energy continuing to travel in the direction he’d been going. Several blocks away, three holographic rings flickered to existence, a pinprick of blue light falling through the center of them as it expanded, finally bursting with white light to reveal the teen gadgeteer again as he landed hard on the roof, rolling and smoothly rising to his feet again. Coat flapping behind him, he jumped over a HVAC unit and disappeared again, reappearing at a dead run two streets over and ducking his head as he slipped under a billboard.

Transmat tech had its uses, but without a beacon to lock onto Panopticon could only transmit his wave form so far before it began to destabilize. Normally, he’d be one of the first on the scene of a tech crime … but, really, he never thought that anyone would be crazy enough to pull something like this in broad daylight. The criminal element was getting bolder … with the city’s big guns off the table, they were starting to test their new limits, thinking they were invincible. Well, they weren’t unopposed, not yet.

There were a trio of short teleports as Panopticon ascended, flicking though the grating of a fire escape before hopping to a window cleaner’s platform and finally reappearing in the air above a bank office. Looking up, he saw the shining light of Imago’s wings as she gathered up the power for something big.

“Looks like I’m late to the party…” he mused to himself, the optics in his helmet zooming in to examine the prismatic display of cosmic forces. Piping in his jacket began to glow brilliant blue leaving a trail of light behind him as her charged up for a longer jump. There was a flash, the trail continuing over the edge of the building, up towards the structure neighboring In-Gram. He wanted to get a good overview of the battle when he arrived.

“ . . . “ as his vision clear, his feet slowed from a dash to a vaguely confused pacing, bits of concrete and glass were still showering down from the sky from where Imago had made violent landfall, car alarms around the block sounding off in protest of the thunderous boom that must have accompanied her landing. Water sprayed in a frothing arch where her impact crater had cracked a water line and … was the In-Gram building leaning?

“I looked away for a second.” he said numbly, smacking a gloved hand into his faceplate as a frowny face displayed against its black surface. Shaking his head and tugging the hood over his helmet forward, he got a quick head count … three of C4’s duplicates vs Imago, Crackdown, and Amazing Amazon … yeah, it looked like they had things taken care of out here. Through the smoke and shattered glass, however, Panopticon caught a glimpse of a forth of C4’s clones dashing for the building’s interior. Likely to secure whatever it was she’d come here for.

“Well, we can’t have that.” he vanished again, reappearing inside the building and hopping over the injured body of one of the security agents as he slid through the door after C4. His vision turned a hazy white shade as he activated the magnetic resonance scanner building into his optics, the skeleton of the building’s interior opening up before him as he tried to track C4’s movements and decipher her goal.

The Discord posted:

@Panopticon (JusticeGrieves): 2d6+1 Panopticon tries to send a thief to catch a thief = (6+6)+1 = 13

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2017 around 16:58

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Imago: This looks like a roll to provoke someone (specifically, to try and get C4 to stand down, or at least acknowledge that you're the threat you claim to be).

Panopticon: Between the teleport and the fancy tech scanner, this definitely calls for a roll to unleash your powers.

I'll hold off on flavor until I know whether you succeed. But, on the plus side, you've entered battle against a dangerous foe as a team, so you gain 1 Team!


Outside: One of the C4's barks out a laugh and gives Imago a dismissive gesture. "You? Snap me like a twig? Hah! No, see, if you want to break someone, it's done... like this!" One of the copies darts forward, but not toward Imago. Instead, she veers to the side suddenly and launches a jab at Shining Star's head. Even as she moves to parry the strike, however, a second copy darts directly toward her, launching a kick at the side of her knee.

Shining Star should roll to take a powerful blow unless Imago or Catalyst wants to try to defend her.

Panopticon: Panopticon's teleporter lets him slip past the fight and head after the last copy. He finds the inside of the building to be dark (the power's out, of course) and exceedingly dusty (so it's lucky he's wearing a helmet). He flips on his scanner, and at first doesn't see anything. Then he notices it: a small glimmer straight ahead and down. Seems the place might have a basement.

Maleketh fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2017 around 17:10

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.


Catalyst

I watch shrapnel fly through the air. I'm always a little annoyed by her entrances. They're so.... wasteful! Look at you! With your knees that don't need potions to work. I know. It's super petty. I'm still annoyed about her not trying to cure me. I'm day dreaming in the spaces between seconds. Anne, the hero. Star hanging off my neck as we fly through the air. As we-

Oh wait. poo poo. When did C4 split and- OH NO YOU DON'T!

I leap to Star's defence. Kicking the leg attack away, I realise as I do, I've not taken a strength and reinforcement potion. I grit my teeth as the pain shoots up my leg, I can already feel the pain from the run burning in them. Oh god I'm such an idiot! Star is going to think I'm such a loser! I look back at her. Oh god! She's looking right at me! I-
*smack*

I'm so distracted I almost forget the second attack. It paps against my arm. Ow! That's going to leave a bruise. Stupid genetic disorders. I shift the momentum to the side, letting it slide off my arm. I grab her wrist and kick out catching her a weak blow on her knee, dragging at her to throw her off balance. I don't capitalise on her inevitable stumble. Instead I pull back. Grab Star and drag her to safety.

Amazing what you can achieve with super speed in seconds.

"Star? Are you oka..." Oh god. What am I holding? I snap my hand elsewhere. Somewhere less immodest! I hope she wasn't mad I had my hand on her hip! Although frankly I'm worrying too much to really put it anywhere now. I'm not normally this self conscious, must be a bad batch of Quicksilver. Shoot! I grab another hypo, and jam it in my aching thigh. Breathing out a long breath as the pain is numbed and I feel my body harden. Then I pop a pill in my mouth. Giant's Tooth. Super strength. I should have done both from the start. But I'm an idiot. Okay, deep breath.

"Are you okay?" I ask, trying to ignore the blush creeping up my cheeks. I hate I'm so pale, any time I get flushed it's like a beacon.

- - -

@Catalyst (ArashiOfOrdo3): 2d6+2 Catalyst defends Star +1 from influence = (2+6)+2 = 10

- Adding team to the pool

- - -

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: + 3 | Superior: + 0 Mundane: +2 | Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Well, a lot of things sure happened all at once.

First, there were more explosions (Way way way more explosions), then C4 splits herself into four (Ugh, did she seriously just say that? That was so lame.), annnnnd then Imago comes crashing down like a glowing, rainbow meteor. Geez, guys, we're supposed to be causing less destruction than the villains!

I pick myself back up after getting knocked down by the force of Imago's entrance, and focus my attention on the villains in front of me. "By the time this is over, the only thing you'll be Cing is stars!" Ugh, I really need to work on my hero quips after this. That was almost as lame as her stupid pun.

One of the copies goes right for me, and I quickly move to block her attack with my staff. Unfortunately, I was too slow to react on the second attack, but before she can get a hit on me, Annie jumps in and defends from C4's attacks.

"Hey, wait-!" Before I could even begin to protest, Annie grabs me, and drags me further away from the fight. "I'm fine, Annie! But are you okay?" I say, looking concerned at her now, not even noticing where her hand is on me, "You took a pretty heavy hit there. I know you've got those potions of yours to help you out, but you sure you'll be alright?"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 2

Imago swung her head around in shock. And, despite the fact that the person she considered her best friend was under attack, she ... hesitated. She was going to end up hurting her if she moved in to help. She let out a sigh of relief when Catalyst stepped in.

Still, it angered her greatly. She was angry at herself. Why can't she just stop being like this. It's just too much of a good thing, she often mused.

But... she was a lot angrier at C4. No matter how much she pleaded with her, no matter what she did, C4 would just not stop hurting people. Completely uncaringly, for one, but now completely intently. It just pissed her off so much. Imago restrained herself so much in her attempts not to hurt people, and C4 does not give a drat.

Anger, as usual, lowers inhibititions - and for Imago, it also made her attempts to restrain her power, even in this berserk state as they already were, that much harder. Why bother, after all? This person is obviously bad, after all. And so, the aura got even stronger than before.

"Okay, that it! I've had enough with--" Imago shouts, swinging her arm forward to assume a fighting stance - but the force from even that simple motion was so strong, that it created a burst of wind. A burst of wind so strong, that the C4 clone was simply blown down the street. And not just that - even a bunch of parked cars were picked up by the storm-like wind, tossed around like nothing.

"you..." Imago finished, shocked into a mere whisper as she hovered motionlessly, simply staring slackjawed at the result of what wasn't even meant to be an attack.



quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:21 PM
@Imago (Yami Fenrir): 2d6+1 Imago directly engages one of the clones = (4+1)+1 = 6
Marking potential! Going to get Teamed according to discord, though. Once that happens, I will pick resisting blows

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Nov 9, 2017 around 18:12

Jawdins
Sep 9, 2001

Oh! We can't open our eyes, it's too dazzling. Let's take the gorgeous Rainbow back.


Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 Mundane: -1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I felt the adrenaline surge. This was going well. Trembling from the rush, I stopped short of pouncing on Blasty. I sauntered, or at least I tried to look cool despite the excitement, toward the hole overlooking the street to see what she’d do next.

“That's how we do it, yeah!” I held up a high five as I crossed by Amazing Amazon. Jeeze, what a looker, I tried not to think about it, but I was so pumped… I think my hand shook even more in that moment I waited for five back.

Looking out at the street, I couldn't help but stand for a minute and watch the scene unfold. I know Imago looks the opposite of scary but hey, that's just more incentive for her to go all out. But she didn't. What a let down. As one clone tumbled down the street, I turned my head to Amazon, “Going down!” and jumped toward the vehicle which had been blown down next to C4.

I pulled the door off, the little sedan's chassis crackling and crunching between my fingers, then shoved the prone woman inside. Then, hopefully before she could react, I raised the car over my head and balled it up like yesterday's newspaper, and rolled it relatively gently toward Imago. “Hope it's cozy in there, lady.” I yelled into the cabin, flashing a thumbs up at my teammates down the street.

"Alright ladies! Who's next?!" I said at the remaining clones, with a little bring it on wave of my fingers.

Spending 1 team to convert Imago’s roll to a hit

@Crackdown (Jawdins): 2d6+2 Crackdown provokes the rest of the clones = (2+6)+2 = 10

Jawdins fucked around with this message at Nov 9, 2017 around 23:25

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Danger: +0 | Freak: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Conditions: None | Potential: 0 / 5 | Location: Inside In-Gram Labs, going down

In the darkness of the In-Gram building, Panopticon dialed down the lights on his suit, the glowing seams worked into his overcoat and the inverted triangle on his mask dimming as he faded into the black. As much as he enjoyed the spotlight, it wasn’t as though he’d forgotten his roots as a thief, after all. C4 was dangerous, she’d proved that several times over already, his best chance was to hit her unprepared ... but not until he knew what she was after.

Soft silicon bootsoles were whisper quiet on the carpet as he kept a fairly quick pace. He kept his body low, ready to move if a light source suddenly swung his way, but there was no sign of the bombastic robber in the hall. Still, the metal structure beams of the building showed through the walls to his sensors, allowing him to get a quick read of the layout. There were only so many places she could have gotten so quickly … and the chute leading down to a sub-level seemed by far the most compelling of those.

Pausing at the top of the entrance, he tilted his head to the side, checking to make sure that C4 wasn’t right by the entrance. Then, he hopped forward, tucking his arms in close as he descended down, coat flapping behind him.

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Panopticon descends into the building's basement to find that there's some dim lighting on - apparently the basement has emergency power, unlike the gound floor. It doesn't take him long to spot C4: she's straight ahead of him, in a room on the other side of a glass wall. Her back is to him, and in any case she seems more focused on something in front of her. With the villain in the way, Panopticon can't tell what it is, but given what's gone down here, it's probably nothing good.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Danger: +0 | Freak: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Conditions: None | Potential: 0 / 5 | Location: Inside In-Gram Labs, Basement Level

Seeing the light below him, Panopticon pressed his hands to the wall, starting up the electro magnets in the palms of his gloves to act as brakes for his momentum. When he reached the bottom, he landed gently in a crouch, turning his head from side to side to get a quick sweep of the area. Sure enough, there was the target straight ahead … she was moving quickly and with purpose. Seemed like she knew exactly what she was after, and where to find it … an inside informant, maybe?

Questions for later.

He rolled to one side to get out of the open, moving for shadows closer to the wall as he watched her work. Just what was it she was so desperate to get her hands on?

Dice Roller posted:

@Panopticon (JusticeGrieves): 2d6+1 Just what are you up to? (Pierce the Mask) = (1+2)+1 = 4

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at Nov 9, 2017 around 20:02

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

My face goes completely red. I stare at her like a rabbit in headlights. She's asking after me. Making sure I'm okay. My brain shuts down. Emergency protocols initiate.

"I-I... um... er..." ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT!!! "W-Well..." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 1000101101100110001111010100111 ERROR ERROR ERROR!

"...I'm fine...god you're pretty..."

My brain gives me five seconds of blissful ignorance before I realise what I just said out loud.

"-PRETTY GOOD AT THOSE ONE LINERS! IT WAS A REALLY GOOD ONE LINER! I DIDN'T JUST SAY YOU ARE PRETTY! I MEAN YOU ARE PRETTY! REALLY PRETTY! I MEAN AHHHHHHHHHHH!" I babble trying to recover. And failing spectacularly. To the point I pull out a sedative, and give myself a quick calming booster. I take a few seconds for it to take effect before I try and say anything else.

"I mean- I'm fine, bruised. But I'm okay." I stammer. Just wanting this whole situation to be over before I make myself look like more of an idiot. I'm going to lock myself in my lab when we get back home, and I'm not coming out for a week. It's the only way.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at Nov 9, 2017 around 20:49

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

As Panopticon moves around C4, he sees her examining... something. It looks egg-shaped and metallic, and it's about the size of a human head, but he has no idea what it is or what it might do. Unfortunately, while he's pondering these questions, he kicks a clipboard that was lying on the floor, apparently abandoned when the attack began. The noise immediately catches C4's attention. "Ah, hell, just leave me alone!" she shouts. Without further words or ceremony, she grabs the object, turns, and darts back toward the stairwell, leaping through the glass wall and she does.

The sudden movement and dramatic action manage to pull Panopticon's immediate attention, and it's only when he starts to react that he notices that she also tossed a grenade at his feet.

Panopticon definitely needs to roll to take a powerful blow.

Up at street level, Crackdown's witty one-liners go to waste as all three C4s wink out of existence.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

"Yeah!" I return Crackdown's high-five with a grin and hurry back to the street, after making sure none of the scientists were too badly injured by that explosion, to watch C4 splint into four, uuugh, that pun. And ha, looks like a bunch of kids made her pull out one of her super moves or something! Watching the four off in different directions, I have to make an executive decision as the leader (assumed). The team seems to be handling the clones fine on their own so, "Keep it up you lot, I'm going after her!" Darting after the fourth C4, I follow her into the building and to the stairway and.... immediately get lost. Da..rn! I should have moved faster, there's basically nothing I can do to follow her in a pitch black building without some kind of super-sense, and no Amazon's have that... After some pointless wandering, I'm about to head back to the fight outside when I hear an explosion from inside the building again... and down. "Ha!" She'll have to head back up sooner or later, and then we'll see who the kid is! Standing in the shadows on the landing, I wait.

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Amazing Amazon doesn't have long to wait. The villain comes sprinting up the stairs carrying... something... and going much too quickly to stop. Instead, she readies another grenade and she closes in on the last person in her way.

Amazon, roll to engage a threat, unless you're planning something more unorthodox.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I can't tell what that is she's carrying in this lighting, but whatever it is must be what she came here for. And I'm not going to let her have it. Shifting into a fighting stance, shield up and out, spear held lower down pointing towards her, I stab forward, feinting. It might be dark down here, but there is enough light to make this work, and it being so dark will just make this even worse for her. Angling the surface of Aegis right towards her, I activate it, reflecting all of the light in the stairs into a concentrated beam directly into her eyes. Ducking low, I kick off of the stairs and launch myself forward, reaching up to yank the object she's holding from out of her arms as I pass. Tumbling down the stairs, I turn my fall into a roll, landing on my feet at the next landing down and look up at her, smirking. "Got time for me now?" I still have no idea what this thing I've got is, but she doesn't have it anymore, and that's what counts.

quote:

@Amazing Amazon (godfish): 2d6-1 directly engage C4 = (2+6)-1 = 7
Taking something from her, the thingy!

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

As Amazing Amazon leaps, C4 throws her grenade. The good news: it doesn't explode in her face. The bad news: it explodes more or less right behind her. With the villainess blinded, she manages to grab the object right before the force of the blast sends the both of them careening down the stairs. Whatever C4 might have done to you, she clearly got it worse: she lies prone at the bottom of the stairs, and groans once before going limp. She's definitely still breathing and alive, but equally definitely not going to put up more of a fight.

Roll to take a powerful blow, but regardless of the result, C4 is down for the count. I'll get to the aftermath once you've rolled.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty

The pain hits me right after I finish my taunt, and I stagger, falling down to one knee and grab my side. "oohhhh ffffff-gently caress," no one's around, I can swear. Ah god this hurts. After a moment of just half sitting half standing there and swaying, I check out my wounds. Nothing obvious, I'm not bleeding and I don't have a giant hole in my side or anything, just blunt force trauma. I'm going to ache for days, but, probing my side with my fingers suggests there aren't any broken ribs either. Good. Good. Still, what am I doing? Looking down at myself and C4 unconscious from her own grenade, and then up at the building which is rumbling, probably going to collapse soon enough, it's obvious I was right, I'm not cut out for this. None of the other Amazon's would have fought so a low stakes villain and ended up such a mess, with the villain hurt this badly, they would have wrapped it up neatly the moment they saw her and her worst injury would have been her pride. I should never have let her get this badly hurt in the process, she's just someone with grenades! Using Ascalon as a walking stick to help, I sling C4 over my shoulder and head up the stairs towards the road, wincing with each step.

quote:

@Amazing Amazon (godfish): 2d6 powerful blow = (3+4) = 7
Marking Insecure and Guilty

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: + 3 | Superior: + 0 Mundane: +2 | Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I blink at Annie. I wonder what she's so worked up about? Must be from the stress of the job.

"Aw, thanks!" I say, smiling at her "I think you're pretty great, too! Now, come on!" I pat her on the shoulder, "Let's head back! The others might still need us!" I start running back to the lab They... probably don't need me. Imago, Crackdown, and Amazing Amazon are probably strong enough to take on the C4s by themselves, but there's still gotta be something I can do to help! I might not be as strong as any of them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be a burden to the team!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 2

Imago, remaining unmoving, turns her head to Shining Star. "I think Amazon just got hit by a grenade, Star! Can... someone please go check up on her? I... I can't." she yells out.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Nov 10, 2017 around 13:56

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Danger: +0 | Freak: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Conditions: None | Potential: 1 / 5 | Location: Inside In-Gram Labs, Ground Level

Take a Powerful Blow posted:

@Panopticon (JusticeGrieves): 2d6 Badda-bing badda... = (4+1) = 5

“Oh my, such language.” Panopticon gasped theatrically, hands raised frettingly to his faceplate as the inverted triangle on his face lit up to reveal his presence in the dark room. “What would your fans think?” he teased, half-skipping towards her, hands clasped behind his back as he leaned in close to take a look at the unconscious C4’s face.

“They’re so cute when they’ve been beaten into submission.” Straightening up again, he made a flourish with his hand, some kind of high tech manacles dangling from one finger, “Could I interest you in some practical energy restraints for our fallen foe? Maybe take her off your hands while you carry the expensive, mysterious, shiny egg-like device that I am absolutely not interested in?”

Justice Grieves fucked around with this message at Nov 10, 2017 around 20:59

Jawdins
Sep 9, 2001

Oh! We can't open our eyes, it's too dazzling. Let's take the gorgeous Rainbow back.


Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 Mundane: -1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I sighed loudly when the clones disappeared, making sure everyone could hear, and crossed my arms. "Pssshh, scared much?" How disappointing, I was almost warmed up. I lazily kicked at a piece of car debris, which without pulling back, the force of it sent it sailing through the outer wall of the In-Gram building. "Heh." I started toward the commotion down the street, and the rest of the team, but then explosions started rocking the inside of the building.

"Oh poo poo," I muttered, they hadn't gotten the one inside? I ran up to the In-Gram building, battering through an emergency exit door, and followed the trail of destruction to look for the remaining clone. "Pan! Amazon! Where you at?!"

Jawdins fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2017 around 15:34

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty

What?! Flinching badly, I almost jump out of my skin as I turn around to see Panopticon in the hallway. Ah sh-oot, no one was supposed to hear that! "Y-you didn't hear anything, right?" Pull yourself together Ema. Focus on something else. Business. "Yes, please, take her." Despite the pain in my side, it's easy enough to slide C4 off my shoulder and hold her up by one hand for him to cuff her. Not having to carry her will make it a lot easier to act like I'm not injured too, which is important, I have to project an image of strength. "What do you think this thing is, anyway?" Shifting my weight a bit so I'm not so obviously using my spear for support, I start up the stairs again, looking down at the mysterious rescued object.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.


Danger: +0 | Freak: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Conditions: None | Potential: 1 / 5 | Location: Inside In-Gram Labs, Ground Level

“Oh Amazon,” Panopticon said sadly with a shake of his head, “I witness everything. How do you think I got my name?” he clapped the manacles on over the unconscious C4’s wrists, blue lights coming to life around the circumference until a pair of tiny forcefield bubbles encompassed her hands. That should keep her from accessing any of her tools when she woke up at least … and another pair around her ankles would make watching her try to run off good for a laugh. He accepted the unconscious criminal with little more than a grunt as her weight settled on his shoulders, though he didn’t slow down much from the weight.

“Your secret is safe with me though.” The top and right-hand sides of the triangle that made up his “face” blinked off in a kind of wink as he fell in step with her. He let her take the lead, in part because it was polite, but more because it meant that any camera crew on site would focus on the Amazing Amazon over him. Hopefully people would find that reassuring, still, he shook his head as she asked her question.

“Honestly? Not sure.” He said, reaching the top of the stairs, “If Imago hadn’t knocked out the power, maybe I could’ve taken a quick look on the servers to get an idea. The way things are now, I’d have to take it apart … I don’t think In-Gram would appreciate that.”

He turned at the top of the stairs, seeing Crackdown’s ridiculous hair silhouetted against the sunlight from outside, raising a hand.

“Ah, hey there big guy! We’re alright.” He looked up “What’s the word on keeping this place upright?”

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I breath a sigh of relief as the fight obviously comes to an end. Then the breath catches in my throat as Claire says I'm "Pretty great". I lose the ability to formulate words while she smiles at me. I was blushing so much that they might have well set my head on fire. "W-Well.. y-ou um, ah..!"

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:07 PM
@Catalyst (ArashiOfOrdo3): 2d6+1 Catalyst comfort and supports Shining Star = (4+6)+1 = 11

+1 Team

- - -

"Claire! W-Wait! B-Before we get back to the others..." I gulp. What was I doing? Why was I doing this?! Quick! Make something up! Don't confess anything to her! "I-I'm sorry I pulled you out of the fight. It's n-not that I think you need to be protected or a-anything. It's just... I... uh. I saw them coming at you, and panicked. I-I do that a l-lot.... around you. Okay, the potions side effects don't help. I have no idea where I'm g-going with this.... Look! You're really really cool, and great, and I- and I...!" My mouth locked stiff, I couldn't get those words out. Thank god! I mean, she'd probably totally shoot me down! I'd just die if that happened! (I'm going to just die anyway, but Shhhh!)

"-I'm sorry for being such a doof." I finish lamely.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: + 3 | Superior: + 0 Mundane: +2 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I stop and turn to look at Annie after she calls out to me. "What's up, Annie?" Oh, she's apologizing? Well, it's not like I was mad over her dragging me away like that. I know she can be a little... well, overprotective.

..Oh. Oh, gosh. I couldn't help but blush a little when she starts complimenting me. "Awww, thank you, Annie," I say, smiling brightly at her now, "That's so sweet of you to say!" I wrap my arms around her, and bring her in for a big hug! "I think you're really cool, too! Gosh, I'm so lucky to have a great friend like you! You're the best, Annie!"

quote:

@Shining Star (Hugzilla): 2d6+3 Supporting Catalyst back! = (5+3)+3 = 11

Adding +1 team! Also choosing to mark potential from Annie's comfort roll~

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 2


Imago got a heavy feeling in her gut as she watched the two hug. Really? Now? There is a building, that could collapse any minute, and they're hugging it out? Her own power was going berserk, and she felt like she was going to suffer a complete meltdown soon, and it's like nobody even notices.

Not that she could blame them. Who, afterall, would want someone like her on the team? The only thing she was good for was destroying things after all. As evidenced by the very surroundings, in which she caused more damage than the person they were fighting.

But still, why are you buffoons hugging now?!

"Guys!!!" she yells out at the two, louder than before. "The building is going to collapse soon! Could you please hug it out AFTERWARDS?! There are people in there, and it's too dangerous for me to try and move!"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Nov 14, 2017 around 22:07

Jawdins
Sep 9, 2001

Oh! We can't open our eyes, it's too dazzling. Let's take the gorgeous Rainbow back.


Freak: +2 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 Mundane: -1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

As if on cue, the building strained loudly as Panopticon called back to me. I walked carefully towards the stairs, wouldn't want to lose my balance. "It's not looking good!"

Debris was crumbling to the floor on the gaping side of the building. "How long you need to get everyone outta here?!" A few support beams caught my eye, having cracked to pieces. I started sorting through the rubble, looking for big enough pieces to fill the gaps.

quote:

@Crackdown (Jawdins): 2d6+1 Crackdown assesses the situation = (4+2)+1 = 7

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Freak: +0 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1 Mundane: +1 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Guilty

"Thanks." I manage a small smile at Panopticon for his promise, I hate knowing that anyone heard me swear, but, I can trust him not to spread it around. The only one I can't trust of the two of us is me. Luckily, Crackdown shows up, so now there's two people I can rely on. Well... yeah, two. I'm not always so confident in him, but he's got his mind on the job and is keeping track of all the right things! "I didn't see anyone down here, did you Pano? I think the only people left are any who stayed up at the entrance C4 blasted open originally!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I squeak, cheeks burning as she closes her arms around me. My heart's hammering. I'm shivering. I'm fit to burst. There's a moment of panic. Then... joy. A warmth flowing through me unlike any of the potions I've drank before. It's nice. Being touched. I... when I was sick, no one could come near me. My It would get worse whenever I came into contact with someone. But now, now I can enjoy it.

At least... while my life lasts.

That sombre note echoed in my head as I hugged her back. I wanted to kiss her so bad. So terribly bad. But the simplicity of that hug. It was enough.

Then Imago yelled at us, and I had a sudden guilty feeling. People were maybe dying and here I was selfishly freaking out over Star.

"R-Right! Sorry! Coming!" I yell back at her. Hating the sudden cold sensation as we broke the hug. I start running back to the building, looking for civi's to pull back to safety. A healing draft in my hand, something to tied them over until a medical professional can look them over.

- - -
Taking the +1 potential from the comfort roll.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: + 3 | Superior: + 0 Mundane: +2 | Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

"Oh! Um, right!" I blush a little from embarrassment. Right! I still got hero stuff to do, and people to save! I run back to the building with Annie, and help people evacuate out of the crumbling building.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: +3 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +0 | Mundane: -1 | Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Insecure, Angry, Guilty | Burn: 0

Imago felt so bad at having to yell at the two. To ruin their moment. Really, if she was a proper hero, she could have just gone in there and evacuated the people herself. But no, she had to screw up, and stay outside because of it. No. This line of thinking has to stop. She was just making things even worse for herself. There’s got to be something she can do. Hold up the building? That could—

No. Would just break it getting inside. But maybe something else? What if… Yes. Since the structural integrity and the pillars are damaged, what she needed to do is make something to hold it up. She closed her eyes, and focused only on that task. Her other senses telling her that the building was cleared out. That was good.

With a thunderous protest, a strange, blue substance breaks through the basement floor. Spreading upwards towards, it branches off at the ceiling like the crown of a tree – but the main “trunk” of it breaks through the ceiling, and it repeats this motion every floor until it hits the roof of the building.

Imago couldn’t help but smile! She finally did something constructive. And well, too. This substance should be roughly five times as strong as graphene, the strongest mundane material on earth. Unless there’s further meddling, this building will remain standing.

But then, the realization came. Yeah, this thing will remain standing. But how are they going to *remove* the support once they’re fixing it? This material is so strong it might just survive a supernova. She’d overdone it…

Without thinking, she facepalmed. A few seconds later, she realized the shockwave this would— There was no shockwave, she realized. Instead, a sudden sensation not unlike breathlessness overcame her entire body, and her powers, for just a moment, shut off. Falling down to the ground, her knees are too jittery to stand, so instead she just rolls on her back and sighs a breath of relief.

“It’s… finally stopped… hahaha…” she exclaims, exhausted, as she lies on the street.


Spending 2 Burn to use Overcharge and automatically achieve a 12+ for an Unleash to stop the building from collapsing.

Maleketh
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

With Crackdown and then Imago keeping the building from falling, Catalyst and Shining Star manage to get the civilians out of the building with relatively little difficulty. There's still rubble here and there, but nothing particularly dangerous. Imago's powers seem to have stabilized it pretty well.

Not surprisingly, it isn't long before the incident gets a response from someone other than you - and it isn't the press. Instead, a trio of armored trucks arrive, each bearing the all-too-familiar insignia of AEGIS. Soldiers file out of the trucks and begin securing the area, including a blockade against the press (who arrive mere minutes later). One of them - clearly the leader, based on his bearing and the fact that everyone defers to him - approaches you after barking orders. His age is difficult to determine since, like all AEGIS helmets, it covers his eyes, but you'd estimate he's middle aged. "So, you the heroes who took care of this?" he asks in a rather gravelly voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.



Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0 |
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

I wipe the sweat from my forehead. Running back and forth wasn't all that hard. But that wasn't why I was sweating. I'd not through to pop a toxicity counter. As such I could feel myself skirting the edges of my body starting to shut down. I couldn't hold if off any longer. I didn't want to go into toxic shock, not in front of the team. They probably wouldn't know which potion or vial to use. I rooted around in my bag, pulled out the right one and stuck it into my leg. Groaning slightly as the potion forced it's way into my system. The magic formulae seeking out the poisonous substances in my body. There was only one way it was coming out. But that was the least of my concerns right now. I'd just have to find a quiet corner of the rubble to throw up behind-

"So, you the heroes who took care of this?" Said the gruff soldier. Stepping right up to me. My eye's widened, the sudden shock sending a ripple through my stomach. Oh god. I got the dose wrong. I lock my mouth shut. Trying to take his measure, but behind his helmet it's impossible to tell. I try to signal I need to be somewhere else. ANYWHERE else. But he shook his head. Placing a strong hand on my shoulder.

I bent over and vomited. I couldn't hold it back any longer. Thick, acrid vomit spattered the floor as I vented all the poison from my earlier potions in a single long waterfall of terrible. Right onto his boots.

Oh god, why does all this bad stuff happen to me?

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 4:52 PM
@Catalyst (ArashiOfOrdo3): 2d6 Catalyst Peirces the military guys mask = (2+2) = 4

+1 potential
-1 pair of shoes

  • Locked thread
«2 »